Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395145 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #2040 on: August 02, 2016, 09:35:22 am »

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 02, 2016, 09:50:29 am »

Studies have shown that acute symptoms of wi-fi hypersensitivity can be effectively reduced by hiding the SSID.
But what if the WiFi transmitter is gluten-free?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 02, 2016, 09:56:01 am »

Clinton gets endorsed by another Republican congressman

FIFY since that's the key point here (even though it's obvious in the link).

Also http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/morning-trade/2016/08/singaporean-pm-americas-credibility-at-stake-in-tpp-vote-215652 "No pressure! Right!?" Really, I don't see how our credibility is at stake because we haven't agreed to anything yet. Though I guess in a sense it's at stake because they've come all this way only to have congress downvote it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: August 02, 2016, 10:04:32 am »

AFAIK, the word "another" doesn't make sense in your FTFY.

I think that it's credibility less in the honesty sense and more in the "can you credibly care to give a shit about us?" sense.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 02, 2016, 10:14:24 am »

Studies have shown that acute symptoms of wi-fi hypersensitivity can be effectively reduced by hiding the SSID.
But what if the WiFi transmitter is gluten-free?
Telling the test subject that the radio waves have been de-glutenated can reduce gastrointestinal discomfort by 20–45%, but will have no effect on neurological symptoms.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 02, 2016, 10:31:14 am »

The FDA recommended daily allowance for consumption of wifi transmitters is 2.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2046 on: August 02, 2016, 10:50:46 am »

The FDA recommended daily allowance for consumption of wifi transmitters is 2.

Based on a 2000 kwh/day diet.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: August 02, 2016, 11:06:57 am »

I'm doing a cleanse where I dont eat any batteries at all.  Pure 2H2O gives me the energy I need while letting me get rid of oxidants, fats, lipids, carbohydrates and vitamins.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: August 02, 2016, 12:07:28 pm »

Have you tried the homeopathic H2O cleanse? You take one drop of water a week, and it has the effectiveness of 500 gallons.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 02, 2016, 12:46:01 pm »

Politics are like a hurricane
Here in
America
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: August 02, 2016, 12:48:56 pm »

Trump gifted Purple Heart, says he 'always wanted' one.

What the fuck is this shit?! How can this bullshit be legal??? This is a fucking disgrace and a spit in the face of the entire military! Military awards aren't something you can just "pocket" away!!!

"I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier," Trump said.

Translation: "I always wanted to get shot for an award, but not really hahaha let me just pocket that thing that I absolutely didn't deserve at all".
._.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: August 02, 2016, 01:07:28 pm »

What the fuck is this shit?! How can this bullshit be legal??? This is a fucking disgrace and a spit in the face of the entire military! Military awards aren't something you can just "pocket" away!!!

Translation: "I always wanted to get shot for an award, but not really hahaha let me just pocket that thing that I absolutely didn't deserve at all".
Translation: "Welcome to the Onionverse, please check your sanity at the dimension door."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: August 02, 2016, 01:34:37 pm »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking myself 'Is that even legal? Pretty sure it isn't.' Inheriting is a completely different thing though.

Anyone can possess a PH medal or PH certificate.

True. However, it is a punishable federal offense to possess any military medal or medal certificate that you fraudulently claim you are the official recipient of. Anyone who falsely misrepresents or claims they are the legal recipient of a United States or foreign military medal or certificate is subject to severe prosecution and penalty. Family members and collectors may legally possess military medals and certificates authorized or awarded to legal recipients. The Federal Bureau of Investigation is authorized by Congress to investigate any case of military medal misrepresentation. The United States Attorneys Office under the United States Justice Department is authorized by Congress to prosecute cases of military medal defalcation to the fullest extent of current law.

So, technically it's legal (even if it doesn't seem very honorable), as long as Trump doesn't attempt to claim that it's his own. I fully expect him to brag about it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:40:10 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: August 02, 2016, 01:43:21 pm »

There's nothing technical about it, it's only illegal to claim he got it by being in the military. In fact, his statement actually protects him since it clearly can't be construed as him having been the recipient.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 02, 2016, 01:45:41 pm »

is called joke.

Uh, back to English: Perfectly legal. He didn't buy it or barter for it, it was gifted personally. As far as I know, it's only illegal to sell/exchange a medal for something of value. Or put it in the mail. I doubt you guys would argue that Trump running for Pres. is something of value.

EDIT:
There's nothing technical about it, it's only illegal to claim he got it by being in the military. In fact, his statement actually protects him since it clearly can't be construed as him having been the recipient.
This.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 1249