Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388935 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: 2016, Version 2.0
« Reply #17790 on: January 20, 2017, 10:29:27 am »

Huh, 538 is doing live coverage of the inauguration, didn't expect that.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17791 on: January 20, 2017, 10:45:10 am »

The polls weren't wrong about trump, they were wrong about Clinton.

The polls thought she was more popular than she really was, despite widespread disfavor. Those rumblings were sidelined as partisan chicanery, and they ran with the narrative that she was simply more electable than the mutant offspring of Willy Wonka and his oompa loompa mistress.

The truth was that she was hated about as much as trump, with only slightly more favoring her, but not enough to win the EC.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #17793 on: January 20, 2017, 10:46:26 am »

That and the fact that the MSM were pretty much hammering that Trump had no chances by overstating what the polls were saying.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17794 on: January 20, 2017, 10:54:58 am »

Yeah, saying FTFE would be oversimpilistic without saying why, and there are loads of reasons, some complex, some not.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17795 on: January 20, 2017, 11:13:28 am »

That and the fact that the MSM were pretty much hammering that Trump had no chances by overstating what the polls were saying.
To be more blunt, they treated every single poll that showed Trump winning as "rigged". That's literally what I saw happening in liberal-minded social media circles, too.
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17796 on: January 20, 2017, 11:16:51 am »

Same here, both national and international sources provided similar banter whenever trump seemed to be gaining strenght. When he was on the rise, then it was the fault of the methodology or temporary statistical trends, when he was on the low everything was going a-ok and the polls were perfect.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17797 on: January 20, 2017, 11:40:24 am »

Oh my god, even at Presidential Inauguration, there are these... prayers! What the hell? Is USA secretly a theocracy?
._.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17798 on: January 20, 2017, 11:42:31 am »

I didn't know it was a secret.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17799 on: January 20, 2017, 11:42:59 am »

Shhhh, this is the right time for prayer.

Shhh

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17800 on: January 20, 2017, 11:43:21 am »

To be more blunt, they treated every single poll that showed Trump winning as "rigged". That's literally what I saw happening in liberal-minded social media circles, too.

Plus the whole damn pre-crowning of Clinton.

Anyways, various stuff to peruse:

Trump is giving up his personal cellphone/mobile device (Obama had to do the same, so, it's not directly related to his tweets).

Democrats in the metaphorical wilderness. Apparently the Democrat party had much more severe rot underneath (not talking about 'corruption' rot) than people had thought, or realized. Looks like the defeat and collapse was the best thing for the Dems, since they now have to face the problems head on, and from the ground up.

Also, this analysis on how Trump won: Part 1 (the South), part 2 (the West), the NorthEast, the MidWest, and conclusions. The analysis is very factual and data driven and really shows how the problem of the Democrats retreating from the rural and small town areas and concentrating in the urban regions actually happened over decades, it's simply now that it hit a critical mass breaking point. While I don't like how it describes the problem as a 'contagion' (which is as political as it gets in the articles), it certainly is a problem. Also, California has been getting REALLY, REALLY, blue over time.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17801 on: January 20, 2017, 11:47:40 am »

Well, he was pressured into it, nobody physically grabbed it from him, or Trump, and yeah, in both cases, it's due to security issues.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17802 on: January 20, 2017, 11:48:15 am »

Fair amount of people from Missouri speaking in this inauguration so far.

Edit: Changed, but the start up was still pretty heavy on that state.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:54:01 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17803 on: January 20, 2017, 12:06:52 pm »

Trump's address is as populist as I expected.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17804 on: January 20, 2017, 12:18:27 pm »

I will admit he isn't quite the speaker that Obama was, but he's not doing too bad.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 ... 1249