Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1385908 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1395 on: July 26, 2016, 11:13:27 am »

Trump, of course, not being a blind mole, took advantage of this and reaffirmed his promisses of fighting terrorism. His approval ratings rise as a result, to the point even CNN can't deny it.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/donald-trump-favorable-rating
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/trump_favorableunfavorable-5493.html

...Exactly? Disapproval ratings are falling and approval is increasing, like, right now, according to every single statistic on those links? :v
Also, roflpost.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 26, 2016, 11:16:42 am »

I must say, I'm surprised at how many people are ready to support Trump on the basis of "it'll hurt the other side more than any other option", disregarding the fact that he's literally a Russian shill who is in debt of Russian organizations, receives help from Russian hackers (DNC email leak), and has publicly said that Putin is his very good friend.

It should not be that fucking easy to overthrow a #1 best country in the world.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 26, 2016, 11:20:00 am »

Trump, of course, not being a blind mole, took advantage of this and reaffirmed his promisses of fighting terrorism. His approval ratings rise as a result, to the point even CNN can't deny it.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/donald-trump-favorable-rating
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/trump_favorableunfavorable-5493.html

...Exactly? Disapproval ratings are falling and approval is increasing, like, right now, according to every single statistic on those links? :v
Also, roflpost.

It's the middle of the convention bounce and his approval ratings aren't higher then they have been many times in the past.  Your theory is an excellent explanation seeking out something to explain.

I must say, I'm surprised at how many people are ready to support Trump on the basis of "it'll hurt the other side more than any other option", disregarding the fact that he's literally a Russian shill who is in debt of Russian organizations, receives help from Russian hackers (DNC email leak), and has publicly said that Putin is his very good friend.

It should not be that fucking easy to overthrow a #1 best country in the world.

But Hillary let the Russians learn about the existence of a drone program in Pakistan.

Does it feel bad that your country is so underappreciated for it's work here?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 26, 2016, 11:46:40 am »

Republicans are far better at playing The Game...it's just that they've become the Party of Awful, Awful People.
Some would say those are connected.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 26, 2016, 11:50:01 am »

I think people tend to exaggerate the abilities of their enemies.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 26, 2016, 11:54:30 am »

Where are the election monitors?
... do the parties even have those for their primaries? Any of them, really, not just the big two. Certainly can't recall hearing of any for the last... well, as long as I've been alive and aware. Occasionally ones during actual votes or at particular polling areas or something, but not at conventions or whathaveyou. It'd be a bit weird, anyway... these things are an internal organizational issue, not some aspect of the actual government.
Am New York Election Worker, can confirm that election monitors show up every couple elections (this is distinguished from Department of Election monitors, who they send in secretly to test us all the time). We are given training that specifies exactly how to handle it too: Election monitors get to look at the vote totals of the scanners. And yes there are monitors for none-big elections, no I don't know who decides. Usually the campaigns for reasons I don't fully understand. Probably because they think it's close. Sometimes students or other organizations do it too.
I think you've been drinking too much of your mother's kool-aid. Mass murderer? She's not Kissinger, sheesh.
Eh, hyperbole perhaps, but she does so much sketchy shit that frankly the rumors about her having people assassinated and shit start sounding less and less insane.
You've brought out my inner mainiac with that comment. If I accuse you of enough sketchy shit, are you now a murderer? I mean come now. What kind of argument is that? Can you name the last US President who had people in this country assassinated, while I'm at it? Even Nixon didn't do this as far as I understand, and he went down in infamy as a paranoid wreck who would do anything to crush his opponents. Can you tell me, precisely, why Clinton is worse then Nixon? Why is she worse then "If the President does it, that means that it is not illegal?" I mean you are accusing someone of murder here, its not fair to say "well you know those rumours" and excuse yourself from defending that sort of nonsense. Who are these poor, assassinated Clinton victims? Or is the only thing you have is she "sounds like" a murderer, that she "could be" one. It's another wonderful example of "Just asking questions" conspiracism.
If nothing else she's at least a fucking thief:
Thieves != Murderers.
Also, the counter choice to to your mass murderer is a xenophobic, racist, megalomaniac, authoritarian, narcissisic, demagoguing, bigot.
Even *IF* he were all those things
The glorious *IF*. Tell me, Is Trump not those things? I mean, I think there is damn good evidence to support that he is all those things, and quite a lot more besides. First, I will not even attack the notion that Trump is not a raving Narcissist, since that should be hilariously obvious. Let me examine  one policy, for example: Banning people from muslim countries and muslim overrun countries. That's obviously Authoritarian, racist, xenophobic, demagouging, and implies a fair bit of bigotry too. The Megalomania part is his insistence that he has the right to do this despite it being hilariously, brokenly unconstitutional. I dare you to show me that Trump is not, in fact, those things.

he's at least someone that the fucking Oligarchy running the country doesn't want.
The Oligarchy also doesn't want the country to get nuked by Russia, should we make that happen too to stick it to them?

My support of him is mainly that him being elected would in and of itself be enough of a punch in the face of the establishment to maybe get them to reform themselves a bit.
When I want people to reform, I too abuse them heavily. It's a lesson I learned from my father, who handled problems with his kids by attempting to break them as individuals. What about the 315 million Americans out there? Do they need to be punished on the off-chance that "to save America we must destroy it" *isn't* a great idea? Don't get so caught up with Washington DC that you forget about everyone else who has to live here.  The guy already uses Super Pacs, already is getting his stuff together with Republicans donors. For all of his problems, he is going to play by the rules of DC when he gets there, and he'll only not do that when his selfishness tells him otherwise. He's not principled remember. He doesn't have a moral opposition to the establishment, just to people opposing him. If he wins, he will BE the establishment.

Besides, how often does "shock the establishment" work? Did it work in 2010? 2014? When Ted Cruz decided to hold the country hostage and send into a almost-default, did that fix anything at all? And the most absurd thing is you believe that Trump, despite all of this bluster, wouldn't just be a politician at the end of the day.
If he turns out to do some things helpful to the country in office? That's just gravy.
I don't understand why you think voting for someone whose sole guiding life philosophy is self-worship is a good idea. If you agreed with his policies, that would be one thing. But the sort of blind "Clinton is evil but Trump, somehow, of all people, is not" nonsense only makes sense for someone whose political philosophy is defined by blind, unthinking hatred for the establishment, as so many are.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 26, 2016, 12:15:22 pm »

Besides, how often does "shock the establishment" work? Did it work in 2010? 2014?

We seem to be hitting a 16 year cycle.

Cycle 1:
In 1992 Bill Clinton, mainstream democrat was the savoir from republican rule
In 1996, He was boring
In 2000 Gore was an establishment sellout and we tanked the election to send a message
In 2004 Al Gore was an angel, too good for this corrupt world and John Kerry, running on a platform to the right of Al Gore was our savior from the forces of darkness.  The people will totally wake up after 4 years of GOP rule.

Cycle 2:
In 2008 Barack Obama, mainstream democrat was the savoir from republican rule
In 2012, He was boring
In 2016 Hill Clinton, is an establishment sellout and we should tank the election to send a message
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 26, 2016, 12:23:26 pm »

In 2016 Hill Clinton, is an establishment sellout and we should tank the election to send a message

If the price to pay for doing so was not so astronomically high right now I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 26, 2016, 12:27:25 pm »

Misko, President Obama has had American citizens executed without trial via drone.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 26, 2016, 01:39:41 pm »

If the price to pay for doing so was not so astronomically high right now I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with it.

And your message will be heard loud and clear as a mandate for republican policies.  Because that's the way elections fucking work.  Things move towards the side that won, not the side that lost.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 26, 2016, 01:40:43 pm »

First, note "innocent". Second, execution and assassination are different things. I suppose drones could be used as assassination tools, but that's not necessarily a given. It does involve descending into the semantics of law, though. Legally, of course, murder is a crime and thus never legal, so thus, any killing that is "legal" are by definition never murder. Homicide, sure, but homicide is neutral, where murder is not (if you kill in self-defense, it's still a homicide, it is just legal homicide). This is a side-issue to my major point in any case.

This is about something different. What assassination in the context BFEL spoke of implied Clinton was using her influence to have people killed who opposed her. Unless he qualifies his statement to mean things like drone strikes he is wrong (in which case, he is still wrong because the Secretary of State does not have access to drones, but I will withdraw that line of argument regarding the people the president has killed).

I stand by my qualified point that Hillary Clinton is neither murdering people nor orchestrating the murders of her opponents until proven otherwise, and to assert so on the basis of "sketchyness" is unfair. Furthermore, to assert that Trump is less capable then Clinton of murdering people or being sketchy is highly debateable.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 26, 2016, 02:36:04 pm »

When was this?  :D :D

http://static.ylilauta.org/files/e7/orig/pxxhvxqo/Täysi%20sattuma.mp4

inb4 international jew conspiracy removes the thread.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 26, 2016, 02:56:05 pm »

The two smileys makes me think he's joking but I'm still being haunted by the ghost of Poe.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 26, 2016, 03:20:24 pm »

Looks like the DNC's YouTube channel just started its livestream for today.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 26, 2016, 03:28:13 pm »

I think people tend to exaggerate the abilities of their enemies.
And their 'wrongness', in my experience. In fact, it seems like most group's enemies consist entirely of stupid, brainwashed followers underneath vile, conniving, conspiratorial overlords.

Republicans are good at inter-group conflict. Conformity, support for the fighters, cooperation despite differences. America needs to make the world a safe place for democracy. Make America the strongest/most secure/wealthiest country in the world. Everyone needs to do their part and contribute; if you don't, you're a liability.

Democrats are good at intra-group conflict. Revolution, support for the rebel, civil rights and challenging popular opinion. America should take care of it's own people and issues before it gets involved in wars on foreign soil. Make America as advanced/free/egalitarian as possible. Everyone deserves a chance; if you disagree, you're a hateful person.

It's no surprise cohesion in the Democrats is mostly only possible in order to fight the Republicans, and iffy then as well. If the Republican party ever truly splintered, Democrats would almost certainly break apart immediately after.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 1249