Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392264 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #12825 on: November 15, 2016, 09:52:03 pm »

And really, his 'blind trust' is a 'blindsight' trust'.

His children are vampires?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12826 on: November 15, 2016, 09:53:25 pm »

One thing I never could stand about Trump Tower: All the goddamn vampires!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12827 on: November 15, 2016, 09:56:01 pm »

It struck me as shamelessly biased.

I stuck to my guns and refused to vote as well. Way back in April I said "I don't vote for space mutants", and I meant it. This is way before the email leaks, and other shit this guy rails about.

He does not present a compelling reason other than " trump won" for people to have expelled their objections of Clinton and voted for her, instead rabidly spewing hot saliva everywhere while ranting and raving.

That's the take I get anyway. 

On the issue of Russia, of course they wanted an idiot instead of an actively hostile Mrs. Clinton.  I note the lack of press where Mr Putin outright said HE would escalate matters if she won...

http://nypost.com/2016/10/25/putin-promises-confrontation-if-clinton-keeps-up-russia-talk/

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-russian-trump-idUSKCN12C28Q

Yes, can't have any of that! Clinton's name is on the line! Never mind that she was indeed openly anti Russia, and Putin was probably right to worry about her as president.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-clinton-russia-idUSKCN11Q0EY

Not supporting Putin here either, so save it. Guy's dirt.  He's also dirt with nukes and ICBMs, and not one to fool around. Guy has a history of sending people who oppose him on van rides, like he did to kasparov, and much worse.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:03:47 pm by wierd »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12828 on: November 15, 2016, 10:02:33 pm »

I doubt any of us ever thought you were supporting Putin, weird. Heck, I don't think any of us do.

edit: Well, I suppose Sergarr might for survival reasons, but that's understandable. He certainly isn't a fan either though.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:04:08 pm by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12829 on: November 15, 2016, 10:03:40 pm »

Not that he doesn't have good points here and there.

Then again... I wonder how much one can consider someone not voting for losing their preferred candidate can be considered the "Myth that lose them the election"... It is essentially putting all democrats (sorry... All people who liked Bernie) into the same boat.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12830 on: November 15, 2016, 10:30:11 pm »

Well.. This escalated quickly...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/politics/trump-transition.html

With any luck they will paint themselves into a corner, after burning all their bridges.

Still shocking (and strangely unsurprising) to read.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12831 on: November 15, 2016, 10:41:37 pm »

That's got to be a political purge speed record.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12832 on: November 15, 2016, 10:46:50 pm »

Naw, the bolshiveks have them beat still.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12833 on: November 15, 2016, 10:52:39 pm »

I'm not sure that counts, since it was in the ruins of Tsarist Russia's fall. The United States still exists...I think...and so is a different category of purge.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12834 on: November 15, 2016, 10:56:37 pm »

On the plus side, this likely will foment animosity within the house and senate for the trump administration.

If they can be kept in a constant state of staredown and posturing, they could cockblock each other for 4 years.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12835 on: November 15, 2016, 10:57:33 pm »

On the plus side, this likely will foment animosity within the house and senate for the trump administration.

If they can be kept in a constant state of staredown and posturing, they could cockblock each other for 4 years.
Please, please, please, it's only two years till midterms, it's only two years till midterms...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12836 on: November 15, 2016, 10:59:39 pm »

If there's anything I believe is real about Donald Trump, it's his tendency towards grudges. Here's hoping for two long years of a single party being unable to function on the same level it obstructed the Democrats for the last eight. Trumpists, Antitrumpists, and the Don himself, all in an inescapable morass of shit.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12837 on: November 15, 2016, 11:02:18 pm »

In somewhat related thinking, how susceptible to trolling do you think trump is?  He seems to love his twitter acct.

(Protip, use burner ACCTS with Russian VPN for the win.)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12838 on: November 15, 2016, 11:03:41 pm »

http://www.newsweek.com/myths-cost-democrats-presidential-election-521044
And excellent read about all the bollocks liberals bought into, putting Trump into the white house. Also an interesting look at the Republican opposition research on Sanders.
Huh. Y'know, I hadn't even noticed the dating issues mentioned near the beginning of that thing. Don't think it was even mentioned in anything I actually read on the subject, news wise in particular, and I'm pretty rough with calendar stuff unless I'm actively paying attention specifically to it (or doing bookkeeping, heh). It'd always been content and saturation that struck me as the lot of it being various degrees of bullshit, but that just tacks another level onto it.
I do find it funny that basically the narrative is switching to "The Democrats put Trump into the White House" :P

I guess even Republicans can't believe Trump has any semblance of competency and thus he needed his enemies to basically roll out the red carpet (albeit unwittingly).
I dunno about switching. Certain parts of the electorate's been pissed at the folks that stayed home pretty much since the EC was called, probably before. Fairly chunk of the post election analysis has been identifyin' 'em as more or less the major problem, or at least major symptom of problems.

Though yeah, that's... kinda' what it actually took for trump to get in. Folks opposed to him just kinda' chillin' and letting shit happen.

As y'note, no one believes trump's worth a damn, ha. Not even polling of republicans/conservatives found many people that actually liked him/thought he was competent.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:06:40 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: November 15, 2016, 11:04:55 pm »

In somewhat related thinking, how susceptible to trolling do you think trump is?  He seems to love his twitter acct.

(Protip, use burner ACCTS with Russian VPN for the win.)
Amazingly, wierd, his hair alone is like a -5 Helm of Resistance to Trolls.
http://www.newsweek.com/myths-cost-democrats-presidential-election-521044
And excellent read about all the bollocks liberals bought into, putting Trump into the white house. Also an interesting look at the Republican opposition research on Sanders.
The bit about the third party voters and the "she didn't earn my vote" plus the whole "Sanders was cheated, he would have won!" stuff in that newsweek article are why the protesters, of which apparently an unfortunately high percentage didn't even vote, are so annoying.

Yes, shit sucks, probably why people were saying to get out and spread the word and take action last week, when it may just have been enough to change the outcome, huh?
the hope for the environment is that at this point the only people in the world who don't believe in global warming and protecting the environment are fossil fuel company's and republicans.
I'm still waiting for my fat oil checks to arrive.

And really, his 'blind trust' is a 'blindsight' trust'.

His children are vampires?
I get it! Wait, there are too many 90 degree angles in New York City for there to be a den of vamps...
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1249