Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389555 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #12480 on: November 14, 2016, 01:00:21 pm »

It should also be noted that a lot of the Trump voters aren't even all that enthusiastic about Trump...

Just like a LOT of people voted for Hillary because they hate Trump. A lot of people voted for Trump because they hate Hillary.

Then there are those who voted simply for their party.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: November 14, 2016, 01:01:19 pm »

Here's the really disturbing thing about this, people aren't saying; "No, Trumps not hateful, he just plays up to people that are because it's an easy demographic to snag and energize. No, Trumps not hateful, he's a con man pretending to be so to push though his other objectives that I do agree with, that's why I'm voting Trump."  Instead people say "There is no hate. There is no racism." That's just wrong, even if you think he's worth it, we need to be aware of what he's said and done.

A muslim man criticizes Trump. Trump responds by saying his wife probably wasn't allowed to talk.

Trump on judge from Indiana who he says is ruling against him because of his Mexican heritage "I think that's why he's doing it."

Here's just the top two things that pop up on google. We can talk about how he was proud. PROUD! To be a birther long after most people had dropped it. How he's responded to racial violence with that the attacks are "A shame." but that his supporters are "Passionate" and "Want this country to be great again."

Fuck. We can talk about Pence. Pence, the man who wants to fund gay "conversion" camps. The man who signed in a law allowing people to refuse service to gay people on relegious grounds. How both of them have talked about repealing Roe v. Wade, this is the vice president now, or at least, will be in a few months.

This shit is real man, whatever your issues with the democrats or Hillary or whatever, it really doesn't matter so much anymore, since Trump won, and now we have to deal with the reality of the hate his campaign used. Because if it turns out it's not a con, or even if he himself isn't full of hate, but simply enables people that are, we need to push back. And that starts with them knowing it's really not okay to do this shit.

So, in short. I think the protests are completely justified. Because it sure as hell looks like we're in for at least four years of constantly trying to wind back the social and environmental progress we've been making, so, better start fighting against that shit now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: November 14, 2016, 01:06:55 pm »

It is why I find this whole situation just of terrible.

We get Trump supporters talking at length about how people are falsely labeling them as racist and sexist and that it is tiring.

But at the same time the response to "Trump is racist" is met with "What racism?".

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: November 14, 2016, 01:10:22 pm »

Earth observation is pretty obviously a NOAA tasking in all of its form. The only reason it hasn't been there's for a decade is NASA's hyper paranoid and anti-interagency culture.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: November 14, 2016, 02:12:06 pm »

It's not about siding against him, Crashmaster, it's about how many people voted for him versus how many people could have voted for him. Hillary also only got like 25% of the electorate.

50% of the electorate consciously putting their choice in the hands of others or gambling that the media's views about the outcome would be correct should not be used as an excuse to ill-legitimize the results after the fact.

..openly racist platform...

Still don't agree with this opinion.

...So ultimately how racist Trump supporters are... depends on what you believe are the reasons for the American Civil War.

This does not make a bit of sense. At all.

..."There is no hate. There is no racism."

No-one is saying that, there is hate and racism on both sides. People rile against the implication that it is only them that can be racist and that racism only serves one side.

A muslim man criticizes Trump. Trump responds by saying his wife probably wasn't allowed to talk.

Islam is not a race. It is an ideology at odds with western values.

Trump on judge from Indiana who he says is ruling against him because of his Mexican heritage "I think that's why he's doing it."

Trump has an opinion that the judge is being racist IMO. It would be quite hypocritical to deny him the right to think others are racist.

...he's responded to racial violence with that the attacks are "A shame."

Wow, how racist. He didn't use enough of the correct leftist buzz-words or what?

...So, in short. I think the protests are completely justified. Because it sure as hell looks like...

Tilting at windmills in a nutshell.

We get Trump supporters talking at length about how people are falsely labeling them as racist and sexist and that it is tiring.

But at the same time the response to "Trump is racist" is met with "What racism?".

We get the left going on and on labeling everything and everyone they don't like as 'racist' and 'sexist' and that is tiring.

And then they expect everyone to accept Trump is 'bad-other' because they label him racist/sexist or 'literally Hitler.'

I don't like Trump but I hate hate haters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: November 14, 2016, 02:18:21 pm »

Islam is not an ideology against Western culture, or have you completely ignored the bajillion Muslims living in the States peacably?

IS isn't even Islamic.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: November 14, 2016, 02:24:07 pm »

It's not about siding against him, Crashmaster, it's about how many people voted for him versus how many people could have voted for him. Hillary also only got like 25% of the electorate.

50% of the electorate consciously putting their choice in the hands of others or gambling that the media's views about the outcome would be correct should not be used as an excuse to ill-legitimize the results after the fact.

..openly racist platform...

Still don't agree with this opinion.

...So ultimately how racist Trump supporters are... depends on what you believe are the reasons for the American Civil War.

This does not make a bit of sense. At all.

..."There is no hate. There is no racism."

No-one is saying that, there is hate and racism on both sides. People rile against the implication that it is only them that can be racist and that racism only serves one side.

Islam is not a race. It is an ideology at odds with western values.

Trump has an opinion that the judge is being racist IMO. It would be quite hypocritical to deny him the right to think others are racist.

...he's responded to racial violence with that the attacks are "A shame."

Wow, how racist. He didn't use enough of the correct leftist buzz-words or what?

...So, in short. I think the protests are completely justified. Because it sure as hell looks like...

Tilting at windmills in a nutshell.

We get the left going on and on labeling everything and everyone they don't like as 'racist' and 'sexist' and that is tiring.

And then they expect everyone to accept Trump is 'bad-other' because they label him racist/sexist or 'literally Hitler.'

I don't like Trump but I hate hate haters.
all I hear is nuuh he's not racist! Your racist for thinking he is!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:26:03 pm by redwallzyl »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: November 14, 2016, 02:31:23 pm »

Islam is not an ideology against Western culture, or have you completely ignored the bajillion Muslims living in the States peacably?
It's not, but there's a chunk of the alt-right/anti-muslim folks trying to push the narrative it is, at least in the states. Them trying to give a runaround on freedom of religion laws, basically.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: November 14, 2016, 02:34:24 pm »

It's not, but there's a chunk of the alt-right/anti-muslim folks trying to push the narrative it is, at least in the states. Them trying to give a runaround on freedom of religion laws, basically.
Yep.  They're wrong though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: November 14, 2016, 02:35:20 pm »

Well, yes, but that hasn't stopped them before and it won't stop them in the future, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: November 14, 2016, 02:37:31 pm »

The other thing I'd like to question about that is how the Mexican judge was being accused of being racist by Trump. Sounds like a case of pot calling the kettle black, considering the allegations that Trump isn't being racist, though that's pending evidence the judge was being racist.

Also why Crashmaster is defending Trump so much for not liking him, but that's not really important, I guess.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: November 14, 2016, 02:43:57 pm »

It's useful to keep in mind that every single religion is ultimately against Western culture when they're adopted by fanatics. Yes, even Buddhism.

Wait, I thought that "alt-right" just consisted of about 10 000 guys on the Internet who didn't even agree on a coherent ideology? Or is it now a new short-hand for "racist sexist bigot neo-nazi"? I'm confused.

Yep.  They're wrong though.
Now, now, get with the times. The feelings are more important than facts, now that the Republicans are in power. Their main intellectual, Newt Gingrich said so himself!

We better start getting used to this new battlefield, because otherwise, we're going to be defeated, all our pretty, good, and mathematically likely to be correct facts shattering on their impenetrable-to-simple-logic hides.
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: November 14, 2016, 02:47:46 pm »

Also why Crashmaster is defending Trump so much for not liking him, but that's not really important, I guess.
Because Crashmaster does like Trump, just like Covenant and half the people who got banned. These discussions are blatantly coming from a patronizing stance of "I can't let these braindead lefties know I want to Make America Great Again, so I'll just JAQ' off while subtly praising Trump until they learn better".

Like I've never been on an internet politics thread before, come on.
Wait, I thought that "alt-right" just consisted of about 10 000 guys on the Internet who didn't even agree on a coherent ideology? Or is it now a new short-hand for "racist sexist bigot neo-nazi"? I'm confused.
People can't agree on what it means, but from where I'm standing "alt-right" is the far-right when deprived of religion. Instead, the focus is openly on traditionalism and nationalism instead of being coached in the idea of anything that might seem unsavory being sanctioned by Almighty God and thus correct.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: November 14, 2016, 02:50:26 pm »

Alt-right's more or less just the more extreme chunks of the conservative movement. Neo-nazis, white supremacists, sovereign citizens, separatists, stuff like that on the furthest end, folks like limbaugh or, well, bannon, on the questionably more moderated end. There's not exactly a coherent ideology but they tend to run more or less the same narratives on a lot of issues. The internet portion's honestly only sorta' a meaningful part of it. Talk radio and word of mouth/print media has been moving it along as a general thing for a long time. Though they're starting to converge a bit more in terms of impact, and they've been feeding off each other for a while now.

And eh, MSH, there's overlap in the fundie nutter/extreme evangelical area of the religious right. It's mostly just a catch-all for the parts of the right that even your average republican isn't entirely comfortable claiming as one of their own.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: November 14, 2016, 02:53:59 pm »

Obama Is Planning to Give Trump Some Extra Tutoring

By naming Reince Priebus and Steve Bannon as his top two advisers, President-elect Donald Trump set up a battle between the GOP Establishment and the alt-right for control of his administration — and there may be a third voice whispering in the president’s ear. The Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday that President Obama “plans to spend more time with his successor than presidents typically do” because he realized during their meeting last week that Trump “needs more guidance.”

During their private White House meeting on Thursday, Mr. Obama walked his successor through the duties of running the country, and Mr. Trump seemed surprised by the scope, said people familiar with the meeting. Trump aides were described by those people as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.

One would think that Obama would spend as little time as possible with a man who repeatedly suggested that he’s the Kenyan-born founder of ISIS, but what was scheduled to be a 15-minute meeting wound up lasting 90 minutes. “As I said last night, my number one priority in the next two months is to try to facilitate a transition that ensures our president-elect is successful,” Obama said.
I don't even
._.
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1249