Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389585 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #12465 on: November 14, 2016, 11:09:43 am »

Yeah, a lot of them are protesting against the hatred that he peddled

This is kind of why I find the "Sore Loser" Angle sort of weird... Because it kind of completely ignores this WHOLE aspect and then blames democrats for making that stuff up to make Trump and his voters look bad. >_<

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: November 14, 2016, 11:15:54 am »

Or it would need up to three Republican states, depending on which ones, though two being needed are more likely.

Alternatively, one or more of the remaining blue states could ratify it such as Virginia, though VA is stretching the term 'blue state' somewhat as it's actually pretty purple, but it's not a swing state. But it would be better if Republican states filled it the rest of the way, otherwise conservatives would be more likely to scream 'LIBRUL AGENDUH!!!!11!!1' if blue states filled it in the rest of the way. Actually, there's going to be some that scream that anyway because the list is already dominated by mainly safe Dem states.

And yes, it would change the entire map on how elections work, that's the whole point of it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:17:43 am by smjjames »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: November 14, 2016, 11:40:18 am »

Huh.  Just noticed an apparent trend of folks making donations to planned parenthood, in honor of pence.  Something that sends some sort of certificate of thanks to the input address... namely his governorship office, or the white house. Fairly useful, and sends a bit of a message.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: November 14, 2016, 11:52:18 am »

Alternatively, one or more of the remaining blue states could ratify it such as Virginia, though VA is stretching the term 'blue state' somewhat as it's actually pretty purple, but it's not a swing state.

Northern VA is blue, but pretty much everything south of Fredricksburg or Richmond is red.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: November 14, 2016, 12:03:39 pm »

..Sure, there's other things in his platform, but the hate part. Is worth. You know. Standing up too. Making sure that people aren't complacent about it...

It feels to me like the hate part has been almost entirely engineered by campaign narratives and distorted so frequently by miss-quotes, intentionally miss-leading partial quotes and generalization of xenophobia that I can only give it the same diluted consideration as the constant slinging of, 'racist,' these days ie; diddley/squat.

I've have reasonable doubts about your wolf.

When you look at the other side you can see hatred towards the SJW movement being engineered by the constant display of, 'SJW freakout ect.,' videos ending up being the main public view of the movement and yet not representative.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: November 14, 2016, 12:10:39 pm »

What would you say is representative of Trump?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: November 14, 2016, 12:13:15 pm »

..Sure, there's other things in his platform, but the hate part. Is worth. You know. Standing up too. Making sure that people aren't complacent about it...

It feels to me like the hate part has been almost entirely engineered by campaign narratives and distorted so frequently by miss-quotes, intentionally miss-leading partial quotes and generalization of xenophobia that I can only give it the same diluted consideration as the constant slinging of, 'racist,' these days ie; diddley/squat.

I've have reasonable doubts about your wolf.

When you look at the other side you can see hatred towards the SJW movement being engineered by the constant display of, 'SJW freakout ect.,' videos ending up being the main public view of the movement and yet not representative.

Trump himself might not be fervently racist or a white supremacist, that's true, but that's the campaign he ran on.

You argue that he wasn't doing a racist campaign, yet the racist alt-right and white supremacists think he is singing holy words to them, explain that.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:15:00 pm by smjjames »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: November 14, 2016, 12:13:31 pm »

I got excited for a second, but nevermind. This is fucking disgusting. Space exploration is a mission of peace and scientific advancement. Stop militarizing space, you bastard! Even the Cold War didn't manage that!
Militarization is literally the reason we HAVE a space program. You say the Cold War didn't manage that, but the whole moon landing space race was basically a pissing match to tell Russia we could send nukes anywhere we fucking please.
Space exploration has never been a mission of peace and scientific advancement. That all happened afterward when everybody calmed down.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: November 14, 2016, 12:17:29 pm »

He was chosen by America to represent it.

...but that's the campaign he ran on...

...the racist alt-right and white supremacists think he is singing holy words to them...

I can't explain your opinion.

Edit; though I am glad this thread has corrected itself from promoting the 'all trump supporters are racist,' meme to just the 'far right is racist.'
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:19:46 pm by Crashmaster »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: November 14, 2016, 12:22:19 pm »

I don't think it was ever 'all trump supporters are racist' in here, at least not from me. Just like how not all Republicans are racist, there's some that are, yes, but certainly not ALL.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: November 14, 2016, 12:24:38 pm »

He was chosen by America to represent it.

He was chosen by, what, 25% of the electorate?

What I meant was: you say the way he was presented in the media as a racist is not actually what he represented. Indeed, went so far as to say it was engineered and presented through misquoting him. What does he represent, if not what the other side said, nor what the media said?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: November 14, 2016, 12:39:13 pm »

I don't think it was ever 'all trump supporters are racist' in here, at least not from me. Just like how not all Republicans are racist, there's some that are, yes, but certainly not ALL.

I would have to also assert that some Democrats and some moderates are racist as well. It is not a flaw that can be ascribed to only one group of people.

He was chosen by, what, 25% of the electorate?

What I meant was: you say the way he was presented in the media as a racist is not actually what he represented. Indeed, went so far as to say it was engineered and presented through misquoting him. What does he represent, if not what the other side said, nor what the media said?

60,250,341/(60,250,341+60,981,118)=0.496986

If people are too lazy or disenfranchised to vote for either side you can't count them as siding against Trump IMO. They have to accept it even more then those who actually voted against him.

Ok, I'll commit to Trump as having been representative of spectacle, leadership and anti-establishment as good sides during the campaign.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: November 14, 2016, 12:47:13 pm »

It's not about siding against him, Crashmaster, it's about how many people voted for him versus how many people could have voted for him. Hillary also only got like 25% of the electorate.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: November 14, 2016, 12:50:21 pm »

I have to say there is something to be said about openly supporting someone who creating an openly racist platform.

THEN AGAIN!!! I go back to the Civil War Discussion I made a while ago where my argument is just because the Rhetoric was racist, it doesn't mean that is what the soldiers were fighting for.

So ultimately how racist Trump supporters are... depends on what you believe are the reasons for the American Civil War.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: November 14, 2016, 12:58:06 pm »

60,250,341/(60,250,341+60,981,118)=0.496986

If people are too lazy or disenfranchised to vote for either side you can't count them as siding against Trump IMO. They have to accept it even more then those who actually voted against him.

RPG made my point really, and also I didn't say that non-voters where against him. I said that of the people that can vote, 25% voted for Trump.

Ok, I'll commit to Trump as having been representative of spectacle, leadership and anti-establishment as good sides during the campaign.

What makes them "good sides" and how did he embody them?

I will have to say I find it hard to believe the latter two, given the party he represented rebelled against him for the longest time over almost every new thing that came up - several former party leaders even said they wouldn't vote for him - and it's difficult to accept somebody who is working toward being elected to the establishment as being anti-establishment, though that is just my opinion.

Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1249