Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1386488 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1140 on: July 24, 2016, 10:29:31 pm »

Nah. We're done here.

Sleep well.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 24, 2016, 10:33:02 pm »

Yeah, gotta cut the conversation off when somebody asks for evidence.  God knows we cant get to that emotional level.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 24, 2016, 10:35:59 pm »

No, I think it's more of an effort to keep this from being the 3rd Ameripol thread to go flaming into the ground in the last two months.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 24, 2016, 10:38:55 pm »

No, I think it's more of an effort to keep this from being the 3rd Ameripol thread to go flaming into the ground in the last two months.  :-\

Dont worry, next time it will be your turn to start the thread Redking.  You can even make thread rules stating that no one is allowed to ask that accusations against establishment shills be substantiated with specifics or evidence.  That way it wont ever be shut down.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 24, 2016, 10:39:20 pm »

[FLASHes Internally]
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1145 on: July 24, 2016, 10:41:28 pm »

Yeah, gotta cut the conversation off when somebody asks for evidence.  God knows we cant get to that emotional level.
Ayyyyy

Dont worry, next time it will be your turn to start the thread Redking.  You can even make thread rules stating that no one is allowed to ask that accusations against establishment shills be substantiated with specifics or evidence.  That way it wont ever be shut down.
Ayyyyy
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 24, 2016, 10:53:31 pm »

I wouldn't call you an establishment shill.
An establishment zealot maybe...I can sort of imagine you yelling "MY LIFE FOR CENTRISM!" as you slash people with your psiblades.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 24, 2016, 10:54:52 pm »

... which is kinda' odd considering mainiac doesn't appear to be particularly centrist...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 24, 2016, 10:55:17 pm »

Frienderinos we desperately need to remain peaceful and calm ok? Or at least, Mainiac and RedKing have to. You two need to have a duel to the death already and get it over with, just not in this thread. I'll be a third if you guys need it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 24, 2016, 11:02:48 pm »

... which is kinda' odd considering mainiac doesn't appear to be particularly centrist...

All the same... it's a very mentally pleasing image.  My life for something or other.

Fun fact about those zealots.  They are equipped with emergency teleporters.  They aren't just dying and disappearing in a wiff of blue smoke.  They are teleporting back to the nexus where the wounded members among them are just put into robotic bodies to serve as dragoons...

RedKing have to.

Redking seemed pretty chill to me?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:04:22 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1150 on: July 25, 2016, 01:40:06 am »

I'm sure everybody can be calm in time to peacefully enjoy the convention tomorrow.  Maybe we'll even still have these threads by the time the election rolls around.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 25, 2016, 03:48:57 am »

Washington Post wrote an article to warn about Trump being a danger to democracy last friday:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-is-a-unique-threat-to-american-democracy/2016/07/22/a6d823cc-4f4f-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

EDIT: there;s been another nightclub shooting in Florida. At least 2 people have been killed and 13 injured in Fort Meyers. There's reports of shootings in different parts of town, as of yet unconfirmed.
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/25/us/fort-myers-nightclub-shooting/index.html
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:57:43 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 25, 2016, 07:28:29 am »

I also hope it stays chill in here, I don't just pop in to post shit, this thread really is more informative than any bloody news source.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 25, 2016, 07:34:16 am »

Yeah, come on guys, Toady One wants us to be able to have this thread around, so, lets stay chill.

Washington Post wrote an article to warn about Trump being a danger to democracy last friday:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-is-a-unique-threat-to-american-democracy/2016/07/22/a6d823cc-4f4f-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

Nothing new, people have been saying that for months now.

EDIT: there;s been another nightclub shooting in Florida. At least 2 people have been killed and 13 injured in Fort Meyers. There's reports of shootings in different parts of town, as of yet unconfirmed.
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/25/us/fort-myers-nightclub-shooting/index.html

Gang related? Also slightly surprised CNN isn't talking about it this morning.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 25, 2016, 07:34:36 am »

I think it will ultimately remain chill. I am curious about how the Democrats will do their convention, and they would really have to work hard to perform worse than worse than the Republican Party's convention.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 1249