Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392344 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #11145 on: November 09, 2016, 08:02:25 pm »

It's also an evolution of the internet generation growing up and coming of age and starting to enter the political arena. At least that's what it seems like it is.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: November 09, 2016, 08:02:54 pm »

guys ow got banned cuz his 'joke' involved a url with the word N****** in it

it has nothing or little to nothing to do with the weird memetangle you got going there
It was in response to the KEK square, IIRC. Which is why my view of KEK square is that it's basically a meme for ban bait.

Again, I would advocate having thicker skin, and simply not being offended by such a tactic. I consider laughter to be more appropriate.

As for the other supplied reason for the ban, I find being banned over something you have no real control over ( what somebody else titled a file or folder shared over http protocol) for the simple act of linking to that file, to be quite stifling to free expression of ideas; the cornerstone of understanding and enlightenment. Very troubling if that is indeed the reason for the ban. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:08:13 pm by wierd »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: November 09, 2016, 08:04:51 pm »

guys ow got banned cuz his 'joke' involved a url with the word N****** in it

it has nothing or little to nothing to do with the weird memetangle you got going there
It was in response to the KEK square, IIRC. Which is why my view of KEK square is that it's basically a meme for ban bait.

Again, I would advocate having thicker skin, and simply not being offended by such a tactic. I consider laughter to be more appropriate.

I really don't think anybody was offended by kek or the keksquare, I wasn't, it all started when I was being overly cautious as I didn't want to see Kot banned.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: November 09, 2016, 08:06:59 pm »

An upside: they didn't like his tone in his acceptance speech!
Republican civil war nao

Really, with the amount of tension the Republicans have go through during the election, I could easily imagine the scenario where some faction of Republicans - like #NeverTrump people or, I dunno, Tea Party, maybe? - will start to hold the rest of the party hostage by threatening to betray them and join forces with Democrats on issues they diverge the most with the rest of them. Republicans already have had some serious factionalism going on even before this election, after all...

Also, 4chan didn't elect Trump, disenfranchised poor workers did due to basic resentment stemming from the fact of being poor with no apparent way out, stop making up silly conspiracy theories, it wasn't very funny when Republicans were doing so, it's even less funny with Democrats joining in on the fun, too.

Anyway, rather than airing our dirty laundry yet again, it is fascinating to see what the Democratic party will do to fix its current failings. As far as I know, there's no "rising star" that they can hope for here.
There were one or two really good, charismatic and intense speakers on DNC. I'd imagine they are going to come up next.
._.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: November 09, 2016, 08:08:29 pm »

Trump's plan for his first hundred days. I'm not so sure about the timeframe, but we can expect him to at least try to do all this stuff.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11150 on: November 09, 2016, 08:09:14 pm »

Anyway, rather than airing our dirty laundry yet again, it is fascinating to see what the Democratic party will do to fix its current failings. As far as I know, there's no "rising star" that they can hope for here.

None that are obvious yet. Remember how Obama came from practical obscurity to senator and then president? That's how rising stars get found, not so much found as rise.

There were one or two really good, charismatic and intense speakers on DNC. I'd imagine they are going to come up next.

There will be plenty of time for such rising stars to show themselves.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: November 09, 2016, 08:09:26 pm »

I imagine sanders will still be popular 4 years from now. Especially if trump really sours domestic prosperity.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: November 09, 2016, 08:10:28 pm »

I imagine sanders will still be popular 4 years from now. Especially if trump really sours domestic prosperity.
He'd be faaaaar too old by then. He was already pushing it as it is.
._.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: November 09, 2016, 08:11:41 pm »

Trump ain't no spring chicken.

Nor is Hillary.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11154 on: November 09, 2016, 08:11:53 pm »

I'd prefer someone closer to our generation. I mean, I like Sanders, but it's time to pass the torch. People on the lower end of the Millenials are just starting to climb through the ranks of politics and theres already some Gen Xers (Cruz, Rubio, off the top of my head), so, really, our time is NOW.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:18:35 pm by smjjames »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: November 09, 2016, 08:19:04 pm »

President Warren?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11156 on: November 09, 2016, 08:25:19 pm »

President Warren?

She'd be 71 in 2020. She'd probably be better being a senior Senator and a strong Progressive figure in the Senate.

3 years is a really long time in politics, anything could happen and who knows what rising stars will come out of the younger generation.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:27:22 pm by smjjames »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: November 09, 2016, 08:26:29 pm »

Hm.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #11158 on: November 09, 2016, 08:27:15 pm »

There's also Obama.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: November 09, 2016, 08:29:06 pm »

There's also Obama.

If Barack Obama, term limits.

If Michelle Obama, she has said 'no, no way' to running for anything.

If one of their daughters, IF they go into politics, neither of them would be of minimum age in 2020.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1249