Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393561 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10815 on: November 09, 2016, 01:05:57 pm »

Conservatives are bigots who hate gays blah blah blah

It really doesn't help that
A) Trump has been quite overt about it...
and
B) The difference is night and FREEKEN DAY! between Homophobic Conservatives and Homophobic Liberals. There are more homophobic conservatives then there are indifferent Liberals.

The number 1 Trump supporter is a gay guy who only dates black people
im not racist, i have black friends!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: November 09, 2016, 01:06:01 pm »

It really doesn't help that
A) Trump has been quite overt about it...
and
B) The difference is night and FREEKEN DAY! between Homophobic Conservatives and Homophobic Liberals. There are more homophobic conservatives then there are indifferent Liberals.

The number 1 Trump supporter is a gay guy who only dates black people

And there is probably a Neo-Nazi who once killed a man who avidly supports Hillary.

Crazy all over. It is one of the major reasons why the Gun legislation crisis was so botched... because the news only let the crazy gun nuts on the air.

Yeah, but there's also a world of difference between homophobic conservatives and general conservatives. Probably, maybe, have fun finding statistics.

30+%

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: November 09, 2016, 01:06:44 pm »

Funny how suddenly all the conservatives are coming out of the woodwork to post.

It'll be interesting how Trump's business sense works out as President. One big difference between being a CEO vs President is externalities.

i.e a CEO can take actions to get a "bigger slice of the pie", even when said actions also shrink the entire pie, and come out ahead. e.g. say I own a toll road then decide I can jack up the toll to make more money. Now I have more money, but traffic is decreased, so every other business along that road is now losing money, potentially even more money than I made through the action of raising the toll.

A CEO doesn't need to worry about what economic effect his actions have on people around him while a President does. e.g. sacking government workers "saves money" the same as sacking corporate workers. Except those same workers can now turn around and claim unemployment benefits from their ex-employer, and the government loses out any revenue/savings that accrued from the economic input that their paycheck / job was creating.

Well, he was pretty horrible as a CEO...
And yet is very rich and successful.
Every entrepreneur has more failures than successes, it's called practice and experimentation.

Does every Entrepreneur engage in fraud to make money as well? Trump University, perhaps?

Uhuh suuuure.

Best you got? Those pesky "facts" again....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10818 on: November 09, 2016, 01:07:59 pm »

Every entrepreneur has more failures than successes, it's called practice and experimentation.
This is what bothers me when people say that Trump is a complete retard unfit to be a president. I mean, yeah, from moral point of view, proably, but idiots simply aren't millionaries (except the cases when the idiots live off someone smart that has money, Paris Hilton or something). The fact that he went bankrupt few times and still has shitton of money makes me thing that he might actually really know what he's doing.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: November 09, 2016, 01:08:22 pm »

Yeah whatever "facts" 9_9

Guess its ok for you to insult people, but god help yah if anything gets thrown back at you.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: November 09, 2016, 01:08:42 pm »

KISSENGER supported Hillary.

That and the way the DNC treated Bernie is why I held my nose high and voted Trump.

Funny how suddenly all the conservatives are coming out of the woodwork to post.

It'll be interesting how Trump's business sense works out as President. One big difference between being a CEO vs President is externalities.

i.e a CEO can take actions to get a "bigger slice of the pie", even when said actions also shrink the entire pie, and come out ahead. e.g. say I own a toll road then decide I can jack up the toll to make more money. Now I have more money, but traffic is decreased, so every other business along that road is now losing money, potentially even more money than I made through the action of raising the toll.

A CEO doesn't need to worry about what economic effect his actions have on people around him while a President does. e.g. sacking government workers "saves money" the same as sacking corporate workers. Except those same workers can now turn around and claim unemployment benefits from their ex-employer, and the government loses out any revenue/savings that accrued from the economic input that their paycheck / job was creating.

Well, he was pretty horrible as a CEO...

Does every Entrepreneur engage in fraud to make money as well? Trump University, perhaps?

Uhuh suuuure.

Best you got? Those pesky "facts" again....

I voted Obama in, and the vocal part of the GOP base would hate me for my lifestyle.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: November 09, 2016, 01:11:02 pm »

Ohhh... Uhh nevermind..

I got my statistics wrong... on... Conservative issues.

Guess its ok for you to insult people, but god help yah if anything gets thrown back at you.

I am not actually trying to insult Conservatives here.

I am only saying that there is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE gulf between how Liberals and Conservatives see issues...

ESPECIALLY issues involving Homosexuality and Race...

And Polarizing topics do not sensible discussion make.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: November 09, 2016, 01:11:58 pm »

A yuuuuge gap you could even say

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: November 09, 2016, 01:12:38 pm »

This is what bothers me when people say that Trump is a complete retard unfit to be a president. I mean, yeah, from moral point of view, proably, but idiots simply aren't millionaries (except the cases when the idiots live off someone smart that has money, Paris Hilton or something). The fact that he went bankrupt few times and still has shitton of money makes me thing that he might actually really know what he's doing.
That's because Trump's business strategy is to slide himself into an organization as a hype man and cannibalize it for his own benefit, then drop the whole thing once he needs to jump ship.

This man is now functionally in charge of the United States government.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: November 09, 2016, 01:13:03 pm »

I suspect I'm probably less outraged over this because I, unlike a majority of folks here, have an out.

Ironically enough that out's very relevance to me should be the reason why I should be more terrified, not less, but eh. If it comes to that I can just leave (that being my out; I'm Canadian, and hold Canadian citizenship, so I can just go to Canada and not look back).
Do you have accommodation, a well paid job and Canadian accepted insurance and tax documents? No? Welcome to the slow, frustrating world of Legal Immigration!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10825 on: November 09, 2016, 01:13:45 pm »

Do you have anything to actually say other than "neener neener?" If you're just here to do a victory lap say so, so we can ignore you.

As for how did Trump get so successful.....you all realize he inherited the majority of his wealth from his father and most of his money comes from licensing his name right?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: November 09, 2016, 01:14:54 pm »

A yuuuuge gap you could even say

It is kind of weird when I looked it up because they are actually divided rather cleanly.

If you took the percent of Conservatives who are for Gay Marriage... They are equal to the size of Liberals who are against it. (Assuming my research is accurate)

So... How would a Liberal see an entire group of people who are set against Gay Marriage? Probably not "They just want to protect the sanctity of marriage and not mire the present in secular nonsense".

Then we get Trump who doesn't use the rhetoric or the typical justifications. Why should we get rid of illegal immigrants? Because they are evil!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:16:37 pm by Neonivek »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: November 09, 2016, 01:15:16 pm »

Do you have anything to actually say other than "neener neener?" If you're just here to do a victory lap say so, so we can ignore you.

As for how did Trump get so successful.....you all realize he inherited the majority of his wealth from his father and most of his money comes from licensing his name right?
And his name is licensable because?
Leave the misinformation at the door.  :-\

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: November 09, 2016, 01:15:51 pm »

No it was an inflamitory insult 98% of the time

For like the last four to eight years its just been conservatives are racist
Conservatives hate the poor
Depends on where you look, tbh. It's not like there hasn't been hella' outreach to traditionally conservative groups. It's been constant for years; said it earlier, democrat outreach and programs are about the only thing actually trying to help a lot of them. The conservative media in particular haven't been reporting on that, obviously enough, but about the only groups that haven't been getting attention from democrat efforts are, y'know, the actual bigots, people actually trying to further ruin the poor, and so on. Which they can't really do much about. There's no common ground, and they're not going to listen over the course of a few years. Few decades, maybe, but that's kinda' been happening.

Bigger thing as it goes is that the actual bigots, people trying to ruin the poor, and so on, have been getting increasing influence and control of conservative media and political apparatus. Makes the whole process significantly more difficult. Hard to talk to conservatives when they're letting the folks they are be their gatekeepers and representatives.

As for the money thing. It's been noted repeatedly he's almost certainly been underperforming simple safe investment -- the same sort of thing he's insulted and claimed he was better than. Good chunk of actually competent businessfolk have commented on his business acuity, and it's rarely been flattering. That he's done as well as he has (which, again, is probably worse than if he had done nothing but invested the money and chilled) in spite of his business competence. It's been other people pulling his ass out the fires he got himself in, with a side of people actually trusting him and the expected happening.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: November 09, 2016, 01:16:09 pm »

That's a good quote from Clinton's concession speech - "Never stop believing that fighting for what’s right is worth it." One to remember over the next while.
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 1249