Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387507 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10470 on: November 09, 2016, 02:34:16 am »

I wonder if next time we'll see an election actually fought on issues rather than smears. I feel like so much time was spent attacking Trump over sexual comments that he wasn't challenged properly and now I have no idea what his presidency will really be like.
Whenever Sanders got the spotlight, he turned it to the issues.  Sometimes Clinton managed to get in a word about issues also.
Trump?  Just fueled the hype with a mixture of vagueness and controversial statements.  He had every opportunity to explain his position.

Which honestly if I gave Trump credit... I'd think he was genius!

Him constantly causing controversy worked HIGHLY in his favor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: November 09, 2016, 02:35:28 am »

Why the fuck did Wisconsin have to decide it.

Fuck you Wisconsin, you ducking ad bastard shit folls
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: November 09, 2016, 02:36:51 am »

I wonder if next time we'll see an election actually fought on issues rather than smears. I feel like so much time was spent attacking Trump over sexual comments that he wasn't challenged properly and now I have no idea what his presidency will really be like.
He was attacked all bloody over on the sodding issues, too. Constantly, t'boot. Not enough people cared, apparently. They didn't want articles on his using charity funds to bribe judges, on the millions to refused to pay his workers, on the tax issues and illegal workers and all the other nasty shit he's came out saying or doing. People wanted emails and pussy.

Honestly, one of the most intensely screwed up things about this election was that issues were a driving force for it, actually one of the things that got substantial and dedicated attention given to it. It's just people decided they liked the lies about clinton and vacuous deception from trump more than they liked everything of substance that was actually said. To the point I've seen more than one person say they never heard anything said of issues when I'd actually fucking talked to them in open discussion on the exact damn thing. I've seen folks goddamn quote clinton's platform one week and then say she's never said anything on the subject the next, distracted by all the shit the media was spewing out. This gorram year has been a mess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: November 09, 2016, 02:37:35 am »

Absolutely glorious day.

Whenever Sanders got the spotlight, he turned it to the issues.  Sometimes Clinton managed to get in a word about issues also.
Trump?  Just fueled the hype with a mixture of vagueness and controversial statements.  He had every opportunity to explain his position.

Sanders was a plant by the Clintons anyway.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: November 09, 2016, 02:37:54 am »

Have you watched Trump at all?  He doesn't form concrete policy points.  He forms great policy points, the best policy points.  He's going to make more great policy points than any other president, in the history of the US, has ever made.  He never said policy points were bad in that interview two days ago.  And he certainly wasn't anti-policy point ten years ago!  Why are you even asking Trump about his policy points, you should be asking crooked Hillary!

(seriously tho, Trump has not once said anything concrete about law proposals or budget changes)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: November 09, 2016, 02:39:23 am »

Quote from: some cunt on PBS
I hope this doesn't inflate his ego

You are a legend for being able to joke at a time like this, David Brooks.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: November 09, 2016, 02:40:10 am »

Ok... So how long until Trump actually becomes President?

I know he doesn't just get teleported into the White House with a golden crown (That is how the UK elections work right?)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: November 09, 2016, 02:40:43 am »

Fingers crossed that the  trump-clinton conspiracy is real.

He's about to speak.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: November 09, 2016, 02:40:50 am »

January 17th or something.

Hillary conceded.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: November 09, 2016, 02:41:24 am »

Ok... So how long until Trump actually becomes President?

I know he doesn't just get teleported into the White House with a golden crown (That is how the UK elections work right?)
January 21st.
Go get your doom preparations done before new years.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: November 09, 2016, 02:42:33 am »

Google says the Inauguration (sp) is January 20th, I guess he actually takes office the next day probably

Absolutely glorious day.

Sanders was a plant by the Clintons anyway.
There should be a word for when you chuckle at a funny bit of sarcasm.  Then... you begin to wonder...
Poe's Law, I guess.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: November 09, 2016, 02:42:57 am »

Trump has made concrete policy plans though. I've seen Trump supporters sharing them. Look up his Contract with the American Voter. But they don't even get mentioned here.

Maybe the cultural divide between democrats and republicans is more serious than we thought. It seems like this election happened in two separate realities.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: November 09, 2016, 02:43:06 am »

Hillary conceded.
what
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: November 09, 2016, 02:43:12 am »

Hillary conceded.

Hey now wait a minute. I'm on a live CNN feed, and they were arguing that Clinton wasn't going to concede until tomorrow.

E: Well now it hits my feed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10484 on: November 09, 2016, 02:43:56 am »

Hillary conceded.

Hey now wait a minute. I'm on a live CNN feed, and they were arguing that Clinton wasn't going to concede until tomorrow.
oh thank goodness
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1249