Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387417 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10440 on: November 09, 2016, 02:06:56 am »

Watching a stream of Fox waiting to cover Trump's victory speech. They're reporting that Podesta will be making a statement from the Clinton campaign, but Clinton will not be available to speak tonight. Podesta's on.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: November 09, 2016, 02:07:39 am »

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: November 09, 2016, 02:07:48 am »

Oddly enough my friend says that Trump's VP is actually far worse then Trump himself.
Dunno anything about him, but I didn't know anything about Bush's VP either and he turned out to be literal Emperor Palpatine. So... anything's possible, I guess.
Pence is kind of a dick, apparnetly

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: November 09, 2016, 02:08:48 am »

Well, at least there is one bright spot:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/us/joe-arpaio-arizona-sheriff.html
Holy shit.  I thought the only way that guy would leave office is feet first.  Good riddance.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: November 09, 2016, 02:10:34 am »

I wonder how many SJWs are having aneurysms right about now.
If there's one good thing to come out of this, this is it.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: November 09, 2016, 02:12:38 am »

Alright so Fox is reporting that Pennsylvania may not be going to Trump, there's still votes to count and it's still close. Basically reporting that on every close state. It may not be over.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: November 09, 2016, 02:13:18 am »

Hmm... I am thinking of the whole "Having things be so bad it returns you back to sense doesn't work" in context...

Which the only context I have is Argentina which had two particularly disastrous elections one after the other... Yeah...

The only time I can think of an election being so disastrous that it actually shocked a country into being a better person... was... far FAR FAAAAAAR more disastrous then even I'd ever wish on someone even if I psychically knew it would lead to a better country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: November 09, 2016, 02:13:35 am »

In good local news, NC Governor Pat "Bathroom Cops" McCrory is fuckin out in spite of a lackluster opponent and a half-percent sales tax is now being committed to a 10-year public transit plan.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: November 09, 2016, 02:13:48 am »

Oddly enough my friend says that Trump's VP is actually far worse then Trump himself.
Mass hysteria aside, I'll keep saying it over and over again: Trump is less dangerous than the establishment GOP politicians. He's been played up by the media as Literally Hitler, and yeah, the stuff he says is not reassuring. But... he doesn't believe he's on a mission from God to purge the gays. He doesn't want to turn the USA into a theocracy.

Narcissists don't scare me. It's the guys who think God speaks to them, that they have some greater purpose. Those are the scary ones.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: November 09, 2016, 02:15:22 am »

Mass hysteria aside, I'll keep saying it over and over again: Trump is less dangerous than the establishment GOP politicians. He's been played up by the media as Literally Hitler, and yeah, the stuff he says is not reassuring. But... he doesn't believe he's on a mission from God to purge the gays. He doesn't want to turn the USA into a theocracy.

Narcissists don't scare me. It's the guys who think God speaks to them, that they have some greater purpose. Those are the scary ones.

My issue with a Trump Presidency is his economic policies anyhow.

I don't believe he will build a wall (because that is stupid... as soon as he gets the cost estimate he will back off) AND I believe banning Islam has the constitution in the way.

Plus Trump's own party is working against him to reign him in.

But that dang economic policies are terrible >_<... So much so that I almost believe they are a time bomb so that the US is thrust into good economic times until he leaves office (a presidential strategy I LOATHE!... but is completely legitimate and people fall for it constantly)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:16:56 am by Neonivek »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: November 09, 2016, 02:16:15 am »

I think this'll show just how little effect the president has on daily life of the average American.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: November 09, 2016, 02:16:33 am »

Maybe I'm just vulnerable to political rhetoric, but after listening to the debates, I really wanted Clinton to win. Like, even knowing that she's too conservative for me, and that her party robbed Sanders, I think she makes a lot of good points and would be genuinely good for the country, even if she wouldn't push goals I want as hard as i want. She actually seems like a good candidate to me, and then people are saying "She's bad, but not as bad as Trump" or has been calling her a traitor, and that's all I see online.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10452 on: November 09, 2016, 02:17:00 am »

Dunno anything about him, but I didn't know anything about Bush's VP either and he turned out to be literal Emperor Palpatine. So... anything's possible, I guess.
What did we do to deserve this as a VP candidate.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: November 09, 2016, 02:17:38 am »

What did we do to deserve this as a VP candidate.

Vote for Trump
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: November 09, 2016, 02:18:04 am »

Considering the currently presumptive VP has stated support for plans to reducing funding for HIV research in order to fund LGBT torture camps, it's entirely too bloody understandable.
What the hell, source? Never heard anything like this.
Here's one. If you're less aware of how incredibly fucked up some of our conservatives are on LGBT rights, conversion therapy generally boils down to torture of one sort or another. It has a history of literally killing people, and driving more to suicide. Pence supports this. Trump chose him as his VP. The GOP has put their vote behind him even if they didn't put their full support. LGBT folks have a goddamn good reason to be worried right now. They're watching the country come out in droves for people that are supporting bastards that have advocated for fucking killing them.

As for the more general problem, he's going to be supporting republican measures. The republican platform on LGBT rights was noted as one of the worst in decades this cycle for a sodding reason. And GOP stance on shit like states rights and LGBT issues is so deeply goddamn hypocritical it's barely worth talking about. If we're not going to have to fight federal measures to strip LGBT rights regardless of state stances on them in the next few years I am going to be deeply, deeply surprised. If you give a single damn about that particular minority in this country pray to whatever god is listening we'll actually be able to fight it when it comes.

I don't see how that sends the message that party affiliation trumps everything, though. Like I said, not even his own party wanted him to win.
And yet they voted for him. Endorsed him even as they denounced him. Sent the message that no matter if you bloody hate the guy on every level, if he's got an R he's got your vote.

And no, it wasn't all about brown skins and illegals. Note I said abso-fucking-lutely everything. The nationalism and bigotry was one hand. The absolute lack of honesty on any front was the other. The republican party now has explicit proof they don't need proof of anything, they just need to lie loud enough and long enough. That's the message they've been given.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1249