Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391895 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10080 on: November 08, 2016, 01:49:29 pm »

Just ironed my flag, and heading out to a local pub. A good buddy will arrive in town at nine, I'll pick up Sheb at the train station at a bit past ten, and then we'll be heading to the most notorious bar in town to ride the wave 'til morning.

Soundtrack for tonight.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: November 08, 2016, 01:50:41 pm »

Awww, you used my title for a second. <3

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: November 08, 2016, 01:51:33 pm »

I'd like both the Libertarians and the Green party to gain more prominence because choices, but Stein barely breaches 2% as it is.

Just ironed my flag, and heading out to a local pub. A good buddy will arrive in town at nine, I'll pick up Sheb at the train station at a bit past ten, and then we'll be heading to the most notorious bar in town to ride the wave 'til morning.

Soundtrack for tonight.

Lol Helgo. :) You guys go and have fun.

Also, just out of curiosity, American Flag or Belgian German flag? edit: Whoops, Sheb is the one from Belgium, Helgo is in Germany.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:00:11 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: November 08, 2016, 01:57:43 pm »

I, for my part, will be employing either an American or Gasden flag for my End Of The Republic celebration.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: November 08, 2016, 02:07:10 pm »

This guy is the record holder for personal lawsuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Lee_Riches

He has filed 2600 of them (some of them not even at actual people, but things such as the planet Pluto and inanimate objects or concepts). while trump's organization has filed over 3500. It's a given that there will be hundreds of lawsuits over anything that doesn't go Trump's way. He wears them down in court, that's how he wins. The question now is can you out-lawyer an election? I don't think so but it would be fun to see him try.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: November 08, 2016, 02:08:12 pm »

https://projects.propublica.org/electionland/national/james-o-keefe-posts-video-of-totally-legal-voting-activity/

O'Keefe is up to shit again. I loled loudly at that because, well, seriously....

This guy is the record holder for personal lawsuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Lee_Riches

He has filed 2600 of them (some of them not even at actual people, but things such as the planet Pluto and inanimate objects or concepts). while trump's organization has filed over 3500. It's a given that there will be hundreds of lawsuits over anything that doesn't go Trump's way. He wears them down in court, that's how he wins. The question now is can you out-lawyer an election? I don't think so but it would be fun to see him try.

Given that the courts would be in federal, I think, the money to run the court would come from the Federal government, so, the only money he'd be burning is his own, and the taxpayers.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:12:25 pm by smjjames »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: November 08, 2016, 02:11:54 pm »

You want actual illegal activity?

My polling place had a loudspeaker truck for trump driving around the parking lot, that was even closer than the people with signs were standing.

Last I checked that was very very illegal.  Yet no-one did anything.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: November 08, 2016, 02:14:33 pm »

Ypou want actual illegal activity?

My polling place had a loudspeaker truck for trump driving around the parking lot, that was even closer than the people with signs were standing. 

Last I checked that was very very illegal.  Yet no-one did anything.

Maybe report it?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: November 08, 2016, 02:14:41 pm »

Election officials aren't cops, there's not a lot they can do.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: November 08, 2016, 02:14:57 pm »

Dunno if it's a federal thing but that's definitely illegal under florida state law, yes. Video, maybe? Upload, send license plate number to cops.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: November 08, 2016, 02:23:30 pm »

So I pulled up to the library today and noticed all the cars, and the flag by the door.

All right! November 8!

David Weber's Safehold series book 9 is out today!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: November 08, 2016, 02:27:35 pm »

The polling people I asked about it claimed to not know how to report it.  Supposedly there is supposed to be a sherrif on site at each polling place.  You could hear that loudspeaker(faintly) even inside the building.  It seems to me that it was pretty blatantly being allowed to happen.

Can't seem to find any reliable info on where to report this to.  Local police does not seem appropriate.  Lots of sites talking about this kind of behavior and saying to report it to the polling people, but no info about any kind of higher level authority.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: November 08, 2016, 02:29:53 pm »

Not sure if there IS a higher level, like Federal level, authority.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: November 08, 2016, 02:31:34 pm »

Now just think, when this is all over, you'll get to lie down in your bed and go to sleep finally relieved that what's done is done, and we can finally move ahead.

And when you wake up, it'll be November 8th.
They're always departing but they never arrive and the ones that do arrive they never leave you never see them go they're always full no one ever gets on but they're always they're always departing but they never arrive...
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: November 08, 2016, 02:32:12 pm »

Local police should be appropriate, tbh. Breakin' law's breakin' law. There's hotlines and stuff floating around, though. Xkcd's thing had one, pretty sure there's one on clinton's site... hell, even the GOP is running one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1249