Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Secret Sauce?  (Read 2636 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: The Secret Sauce?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 03:41:33 pm »

I am doing a PhD in neurobiology ...
1) Anyone else find it amusing that we are sporting not 1, but 2 PhD's in one thread?

2) Your field is amazing. I want to continue my studies by going into language and brain structure.

But, I digress.
Id just like to throw in that if you run a large enough fort you will find dwarf first names sorely lack variety.
I've got 8 named Urist, and last time I checked only 1 with a unique name...Dumed.
This is the case, and is something worth noting because it will happen a lot. That being said, check their last names and translations. You get very interesting results. As an added bonus of awesome generation, look at the thoughts and preferences page. The dwarves have wants and needs, dreams and goals that they want to fulfill. It's honestly amazing.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 09:17:24 pm »

Anvillocked just reached 997 total dwarves.
That's a few too many to ckeck!
Ill get my fill of thoughts and preferances when I start drafting 30 to 60 squads.

Was just pointing out the need for more first names.

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 11:48:00 am »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 [2]