Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thirsty Immigrants?  (Read 686 times)

Mad Jackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Thirsty Immigrants?
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:26:00 pm »

I've been working hard at getting big migrant waves these past games. And it has been working out well in that each time I get a wave I'm doubling my population.

How-ever. It seems like the large hoard of alcohol I've stored prior to the wave up is very soon burnt through. I'm talkng 150+ alochol for 17 dwarves becoming 24 alcohol in a very short period of time wtih a wave of 20 dwarves.

I read some-where that in Winter dwarves drink more.  Do idle dwarves also drink more? I ask as sometimes I let the new dwarves just idle "no task" a while while I try to figure out what to do with the multitude of new fisher-dwarves and carpenter-dwarves I always get.

Then it seems like suddenly I'm out of plants too even though my brewers have been going on repeat orders to brew. It seems the migrants like to eat my plants too?

How big of food piles should I have for that 17 to 34 jump in dwarves?

an''t catch me!

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thirsty Immigrants?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 01:06:00 am »

in my experience i've noticed dwarfs that haven't had a drink in a long time will drink several units of booze as soon as it becomes available, odds are new immigrants start with 0% blood alcohol and also need a few rounds to get up to normal levels. (not sure how many but i'm guessing 3-4 units)