Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Divinity- a Godgame (OOC/Sign-Ups)  (Read 7670 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity- a Godgame (OOC/Sign-Ups)
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2016, 02:50:05 am »

The plants were made before the ash clouds were cleared and by that point these plants were small and sparse such as moss and microscopic algae. Despite the new growth of algae and moss, it would be difficult to believe that there would be enough to sustain a large population of Knon considering their size. While the Mighty Act does make the Knon extremely strong, wise, intelligent and such and such their described attributes do not lend well towards an ecosystem collapse.
While I get what you're saying Micelus, I'd just like to explain my thought process here, and explain why this is a sort of big deal for me.

This is what Radgorix did.
Radgorix than used the rest of his power to make the planet more survivable, by adding simple underwater water and land plants that could be eaten by the mortals.

Use the third act to create simple plants.

The entire point of Radgorix's action was to make the planet more survivable by making more food. He didn't even specify that he wanted photosynthesizing plants, they could have been some plant analogue. As such, though I was worried by Taricus shutting down all the volcanoes, I wasn't too worried about since I thought we'd all be fine due to Radogarix's action.

I also didn't realize that there'd be such a large gap between the actions taken by the different gods that the plants thing would go so poorly.

As result, I seem to have no choice but to become a bound the turn after next now, because I simply can't get to one full act fast enough to prevent this, all because I underestimated how many Knon would die.

EDIT:
EDIT: Yup, completely. The Lithofauna weren't that affected since they feed on essence. Hint hint for next turn's developments.
Okay, changing my game plan then.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:52:10 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2016, 03:02:24 am »

Mmm, just wanted to clear it up why that happened. I understand though.

As for the plants well I did say many went on to become carnivorous; I really didn't see how you could use plants in this environment to make it more habitable. If some method were described in how plant-life organism could make it more habitable but if I'm just left with 'simple plants' I'm assuming regular ol' greenish photosynthensising plants. I'll take this into consideration for future turns though.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2016, 03:06:40 am »

I assume becoming bound is irreversible? I can at least invest more power into my avatar later on right?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2016, 03:20:17 am »

It can be reversed. I'll leave it at that.

Yes to your second question.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2016, 03:21:26 am »

It can be reversed. I'll leave it at that.
But not easily?

Yes to your second question.
Neato, action post edited.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2016, 03:38:46 am »

Don't worry, at least you won't be bound by yourself for long.  The world's gonna get a giant skull-spider as a permanent resident after the next turn. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2016, 04:32:32 am »

I was wondering, how big is the waitlist?
No sig yet

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2016, 05:59:09 am »

Just wondering why did I get accord for teaching trapping. I thought of trapping as a trap of tricking, but well...
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2016, 06:12:35 am »

Just wondering why did I get accord for teaching trapping. I thought of trapping as a trap of tricking, but well...

Positive Accord is a good thing.

I was wondering, how big is the waitlist?

Six people currently.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2016, 06:17:25 am »

Wait so there is positive accord?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2016, 09:07:03 pm »

Neat, I made dwarves.

Nope, I was well and truly oblivious to the fact that'd happen.
Well, what were you going for in the first place?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2016, 09:08:58 pm »

Just closing up the volcanoes to clear up all the ash and smog out the sky. That being said I'm still rolling with that end result since it's pretty hilarious :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2016, 09:30:02 pm »

Wait so there is positive accord?

Yup.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2016, 06:48:40 pm »

We've set up a discord channel for any questions and discussions: https://discord.gg/6vVaJ
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2016, 09:19:18 pm »

Taricus you don't have enough Acts for all your actions.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10