Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Divinity- a Godgame (OOC/Sign-Ups)  (Read 7688 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity- a Godgame (OOC/Sign-Ups)
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2016, 09:33:35 am »

You're only Bound if you get less than 0.
Having no acts for more than one turn will result in the god becoming Bound to the physical world.
Then you might want to reword that part of the rules.  ???
I may have not been thinking when I typed that. It actually is 1 but you need to stay at 0 for longer than a turn. Due to this mistake, there will be a grace period of two turns.
Having less than 2 act for more than one turn will result in the god becoming Bound to the physical world.
...what?

EDIT: Will you be tracking Accord in our stats?

Edited that post. Yes, starting with the second round of actions.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2016, 06:58:00 pm »

Okay, posting here for clarification, modifying the ecosphere of the planet would only be a standard act?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2016, 08:49:24 pm »

Yep.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2016, 10:35:17 pm »

No matter how significant the ecosystem/ecosphere change is?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2016, 11:04:02 pm »

If it's big enough you might need two acts. Post here to check.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2016, 11:06:12 pm »

Well, would calm most, if not all of the volcanoes and making the world generally more... habitable for conventional life need one act or two?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2016, 03:57:31 am »

1 act= 1/3 of Gaia's volcanoes. Basing off my somewhat incomplete understanding on geology, you'd need to shut down at least 2/3rds of the volcanoes to get rid of the ash clouds unless you can think of a !!FUN!! way of dispersing them.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2016, 04:01:16 am »

Having less than 1 act for more than one turn will result in the god becoming Bound to the physical world.
Can't say I'm a fan of this. All it does is discourage people from doing things, and the devouring rules are already more than enough disincentive.

1 act= 1/3 of Gaia's volcanoes. Basing off my somewhat incomplete understanding on geology, you'd need to shut down at least 2/3rds of the volcanoes to get rid of the ash clouds unless you can think of a !!FUN!! way of dispersing them.
The planet was created with a mighty act. Changing one aspect of it (volcanoes) completely doesn't seem like it need another mighty act imo, something like 1/2 volcanoes per act seems more reasonable.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:14:48 pm by Demonic Spoon »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2016, 04:02:49 am »

Having less than 1 act for more than one turn will result in the god becoming Bound to the physical world.
Can't say I'm a fan of this. All it does is discourage people from doing things, and the devouring rules are already more than enough disincentive.
In the beginning i thought that you become bound when you want to. :P
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2016, 04:12:18 am »

Pretty sure you can, still, just you're much stronger if you willingly invest your Acts into your bound Avatar as opposed to being cast down from the heavens.  Would we know by how much, or are we meant to find that out by trial and error?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2016, 07:24:29 am »

The planet was created with a might act. Changing one aspect of it (volcanoes) completely doesn't seem like it need another mighty act imo, something like 1/2 volcanoes per act seems more reasonable imo.

That's a good point and I doubt there would be any objections to that so I'll agree with you and make it so.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2016, 02:09:22 pm »

Two acts to shut down the volcanoes? You must be mad. I'll give one act for the whole lot. :P

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2016, 02:11:32 pm »

Two acts to shut down the volcanoes? You must be mad. I'll give one act for the whole lot. :P
That's too cheap. IronyOwl spent a mighty act creating a deliberately volatile world, if you want to change it, you have to pay up, otherwise go and make your own planet.

Yeah I know you're semi-joking but still.

*pokes Powder Miner*
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:13:28 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2016, 10:58:18 pm »

You'll get a post from me tomorrow -- I'm a'traveling the Coast Starlight today to finally end the trip I've been on the last couple of weeks and to finalize the move I've been on the past month and a half

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2016, 11:39:05 pm »

Just make new unique life which enjoys deathworlds.
C'mahn.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10