Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Unlawful Restraint (IC)  (Read 13323 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Unlawful Restraint (IC)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 06:26:18 pm »

"Welp, m-mine now, I did need a new L-Laborator-y. Now-w-w let's se-ee what we h-have he-e-ere."

Cad//us goes up to the keyboard and clicks "run".
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 06:38:32 pm »

"Quite frankly, er- towerish thing, I don't think any of us have an explanation. It'd be wonderful if we could figure a few things out, but honestly, it doesn't look like that's happening so quickly."

"Ahem. Seeing as we're all in this situation together, it would be nice to know some of your names. I'm Klon, an explorer and traveler of the multiverse."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 06:44:52 pm »

"DESIGNATION: DALEK-NIX.  ALL-LIFEFORMS-MUST-BE-EXTERM-dksjgdshjgsdgksj-krrrrrrrrrr.....I-feel-strange.  CANNOT-RECEIVE-ORDERS."

Nix says all this whilst spinning around uncontrollably. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 06:46:42 pm »

"...You're not going to try and murder us, are you?"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 06:51:49 pm »

"...NO.  DO-NOT-UNDERSTAND.  BUT-NO."

At this, Nix stops spinning, and just sort of...droops, if it were possible for a rigid battle exoskeleton vehicle to do so.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 07:12:12 pm »

"Thank you," Klon says tentatively.

"Not to butt in, but... um, are you all right?"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 07:19:27 pm »

Nix doesn't respond, tentatively gliding and shuffling off to the boulder.  It attempts to place its plunger arm on the boulder, to analyse it. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:32:05 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 08:17:10 pm »

"Run" tries to execute some kind of arcane boot procedure, but halts with an error that no network or directives are set up.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 08:49:40 pm »

"A Da-ang it, I'm goin-g to n-need ant-t-tivirus program-m if I'm going to use this. H-Hm... what abo-out "configure network"."
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 09:05:04 pm »

Apparently it's a file where you set up digital and spiritual access to systems for the firewall to protect.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2016, 09:35:19 pm »

"Hm... Y-Yep, I have-e no idea what t-to do here."

Cad//us looks around the interior of the van.

"I-I wo-onder if there's a u-user guide s-somewhere."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:55:37 pm by Yottawhat »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 09:49:19 pm »

Jean blinks. "Huh? where the hell am I? Hey, you guys!" He points in the vague direction of the entire party. "Who are you and why are you talking about who-gives-a-crap?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »

"My name is Klon, as I believe I mentioned before. Honestly, I've mostly been asking rhetorical questions, but there's an introduction here and there, as you can see."

Action time, I guess. Examine the surrounding area, including the yellow rock and the brig cracked thing in front of us. Maybe try to see what's beyond our immediate surroundings.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:23:40 pm by Whisperling »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 11:31:24 pm »

"Hrm... I don't like your face, man- Hey wait a minute, what the-?!" Jean turns to the large, shiny rock to his left. "W-woah, what the heck?" He runs over to it.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 02:49:07 pm »

(19, 16) (5, 16) The First scan indicates a source of matter, this boulder will regenerate parts removed from it over time.

It does not have anything of note in it's composition however, and is a beautiful, but common stone.

(10, 16) (14, 17) Looking into the crack, one can see a swirling colorful... Something. And a much less colorful something in there.  a Faint but horrible noise can be heard periodically coming from inside the stone object.  Opening this thing further may result in something Interesting happening.  Preparation may be needed.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23