Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: D&D 5e [OOC] - The world of Lathalus  (Read 9468 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons 5e [OOC] This is gonna be crazy!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 07:57:52 am »

Lathalus - The world of war

The signs were there, prophecies of the end, they didn't listen, we didn't listen. First the monsters and now them, people of the west. We knew they existed, we knew there were other humans, but we didn't think they could attack. Now we know they can not only attack but win.
They attacked from the southwest, from the "unexplored continent". First taking "Southtower", than moving inland. Goblins helped them, and ogres were their war machines. They seemed unstoppable.
Finally, after 2 years of war we stopped the westerners with the help of all the other races, but the southwest part of the continent now belonged to the "west".
A year after the war an uprising raise from our own country. They were focusing on killing other races to help the people of the west destroy us, but they were stopped. Unfortunately too late, the "Eros dwarfs" and woodland elves exited the "Bronze Alliance", trying to "protect" themselves from us, leaving only humans, halflings, gnomes, the "southern dwarfs" and the high elves.

I'm writing this 128 years later. The prophecies are coming true. The star alignment, everything says the end is soon. The people of the west are growing in might while we are falling into laziness,
The war is coming.

789th year of the second era, 38th Noadix

Known World Map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still gonna write tomorrow...

So this is how the world looks, tomorrow I'm gonna focus on adding colors to the map, races, classes and, if I have time, gods[/s]

Whatever, we are using a more generic setting (see OP)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:48:45 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 09:59:37 am »

@NRDL for character creation and rules how to play read this http://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/PlayerDnDBasicRules_v0.2.pdf this is a free sample of the D&D rules provided by WOTC. It has 4 classes and 4 races.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:31:20 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 08:58:16 pm »

MUCH appreciated. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 10:44:27 pm »

Ok, so now as I look at the world backstory I think it sounded much better in my head and I don't like this whole prophecy thing. What would you guys say, if we don't look at the backstory I wrote and just do a normal adventury, thingy world?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 10:46:40 pm »

Sounds kewl.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 11:33:55 pm »

I let you guys choose if we do the prophecy thing or normal world and we can start as soon as everybody posts character sheets... Actually how do you do it on a forum with a character sheet for D&D? Also as liberonscien didn't show up so NRDL is in

Note: Only SongYang humans (They look kind of Asian-Chinese) can be monks.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 11:49:26 pm »

I feel like your starting world thing would probably work, although I'd probably need more information about it to make an integrated character. But I'd be fine with a more generic setting, although more details would still be nice. At minimum, I'd probably need a pantheon and some basic culture/race stuff.

As for sheets...

Mythweaver is what I've used for sheets for these kinds of games in the past. No idea how that integrates with Roll20 or anything like that.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 11:52:31 pm »

I feel like your starting world thing would probably work, although I'd probably need more information about it to make an integrated character. But I'd be fine with a more generic setting, although more details would still be nice. At minimum, I'd probably need a pantheon and some basic culture/race stuff.

As for sheets...

Mythweaver is what I've used for sheets for these kinds of games in the past. No idea how that integrates with Roll20 or anything like that.

Ok I will write more when I come back in two hours.
Roll 20 has its own thing for character sheets, but for now I won't to keep to bay12

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 05:01:42 am »

So both settings would happen in the same world and the only thing different is how the history went and no prophecies in the generic one.
This below is for the generic setting, however the war setting is similar.

Races:
-Dwarfs: Dwarfs are the only other race that has it's cities on the world map. The hill dwarfs are the ones on the left big island and they are ok with humans and other races,trading, business and stuff, they call themselves the southern dwarfs. The mountain dwarfs are the ones on the cold islands in the far north and on the right big island, they don't really like other races for whatever reasons, they call themselves the Eros dwarfs (true dwarfs), but are called the northern dwarfs by other races (especially the southern dwarfs).

-Elves: Elves are... elves, thinking that they are better than the other races, like always. They have cities on both of the big islands. The woodland elves don't like humans, but are ok with other races, they also don't like high elves. High elves prefer to be by themselves, but don't share the dislike for other races like woodland elves do. Drows exist, but they are not playable (I'm not sure about this and it might change).

-Halflings: Halflings also live on the both big islands, but also with the Eros dwarfs in the northern islands (usually the stout halflings live with them). Halfling cities are rarely seen, mostly living with other races, but they rarely exist and stumbling upon a halfling city (or whatever they are called) is even harder. They learned to disguise their houses and know how to hide themselves.

-Humans: There are four most distinguishable kinds of humans, the common (can't think of a name) people are the ones living on the both big islands, their skin ranges from pale to brown and hair ranging from fair to black. The Song'Yang people are the ones living in the swamp (city nr. 8 ), monks come only from them. They are kind of Asian-Chinese looking (yellow-white to brown skin, dark brown to black hair). The next kind of humans are the Rodaunk people, they are the barbarian kind of people, living in the far north of the left big islands and also on the same island as mountain dwarfs. Their skin is usually beige and they have blond hair. The last kind of people are the people of the west, they are kind of Arabic-like looking. They come from the "unexplored continent", but they have also settled in the south-west of the big left island.

-Gnomes: Most of the gnomes live in between humans, contributing to their fights, however some of the forest gnomes stayed on the south islands were they probably came from. They call all the other gnomes traitors for rejecting their own kind.

-Dragonborn, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Tieflings: They exist, are playable, but are not very common.

Classes:
-Barbarians: usually come from the Rodanuk (humans), or the Eros dwarfs, but they may come from other races.

-Bard: playable

-Clerics: Clerics most often worship the minor gods (see deities below), less often major gods and rarely they worship "The"

-Druids: playable

-Fighter: In this campaign gnomes that lived on the big island, even though they are small, often become fighters, having learned fighting from the humans they can keep up with them (with a use of a bit of magic).

-Monks: Only Song'Yang people can be monks.

-Paladin: Paladins fight for the cause of good. They think of "The" as a force of good that they have to keep in a balance (kind of like Ying Yang). At 14th level you will have the title of a guardian and you may get called by the king if great evil has found a way into the world (usually getting called by the king, means that something very bad, like very very, or even very very very bad, is happening)

-ranger, rogue, sorcerer, warlock, wizard: playable

Deities:
There are three types of gods in this world, one of them being a single god (or a force, like paladins call it)

-"The": This god is rarely worshiped. Some people think of it as an almighty god, some think of it as an almighty creator. It has an appearance in religions of all the races, even though they call it by different names. For example some of the dwarven priests see "The" as an giant anvil that formed the world, and the Song'Yang see "The" as a force that passes thru all the existence.

Major Gods:
There isn't a known list of major gods and nobody knows if they actually exist, there are people worshipping major gods but not as many as minor gods. Lolth (the spider queen) and Gruumsh (creator of orcs) count as major gods.

Minor Gods:
Minor gods are the gods that walk the mortal plane. They exist next to mortals traveling, taking the form of mortals. They usually don't give away their identities.
List of known minor gods:
-Ragad, the god of death.  His symbol is a skeleton holding a bowl of water.
-Loel, the goddess of knowledge and time. Her symbol is a book with a sign of a sand clock on it.
-Neudax, the goddess of life and nature. Her symbols are three leafs with a green aura.
-Valais, the god of tempest. His symbol is a lighting bolt behind a shield, waves surround the shield.
-Radix, the god of trickery and wilderness. His symbol is a head of a fox.
-Moratus, the god of war. A mask with one side silver and the other side red.

Ok, I guess this should give you enough to create a character. If you have any questions ask. We will be using myth weavers for character sheets.
Also: We need names for everything (races, places etc.)!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:02:15 am by snow dwarf »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 08:28:00 am »

Done

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2016, 07:13:37 pm »

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 12:34:22 am »

Yeah, too complicated for me to attempt right now.  Changing to a solid PTW. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 02:52:29 am »

Yeah, too complicated for me to attempt right now.  Changing to a solid PTW.
Ok

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile

Once I can computer, I'll make my character.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8