Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: D&D 5e [OOC] - The world of Lathalus  (Read 9457 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
D&D 5e [OOC] - The world of Lathalus
« on: July 04, 2016, 03:26:22 am »

Anybody interested in playing D&D, with an inexperienced GM, that never played D&D? If you want to join you have to become part of The Inter Forum Cult. Just post in the cult thread and you can join this game.

The game will be happening in a home brew world, called Latharus.

Players:
*Arcvasti character sheet
*Dwarmin character sheet
*Andres character sheet
*Madmachine character sheet

Some things about the world:

Races:
-Dwarfs: Dwarfs are the only other race that has it's cities on the world map. The hill dwarfs are the ones on the left big island and they are ok with humans and other races,trading, business and stuff, they call themselves the southern dwarfs. The mountain dwarfs are the ones on the cold islands in the far north and on the right big island, they don't really like other races for whatever reasons, they call themselves the Eros dwarfs (true dwarfs), but are called the northern dwarfs by other races (especially the southern dwarfs).

-Elves: Elves are... elves, thinking that they are better than the other races, like always. They have cities on both of the big islands. The woodland elves don't like humans, but are ok with other races, they also don't like high elves. High elves prefer to be by themselves, but don't share the dislike for other races like woodland elves do. Drows exist, but they are not playable (I'm not sure about this and it might change).

-Halflings: Halflings also live on the both big islands, but also with the Eros dwarfs in the northern islands (usually the stout halflings live with them). Halfling cities are rarely seen, mostly living with other races, but they rarely exist and stumbling upon a halfling city (or whatever they are called) is even harder. They learned to disguise their houses and know how to hide themselves.

-Humans: There are four most distinguishable kinds of humans, the common (can't think of a name) people are the ones living on the both big islands, their skin ranges from pale to brown and hair ranging from fair to black. The Song'Yang people are the ones living in the swamp (city nr. 8 ), monks come only from them. They are kind of Asian-Chinese looking (yellow-white to brown skin, dark brown to black hair). The next kind of humans are the Rodaunk people, they are the barbarian kind of people, living in the far north of the left big islands and also on the same island as mountain dwarfs. Their skin is usually beige and they have blond hair. The last kind of people are the people of the west, they are kind of Arabic-like looking. They come from the "unexplored continent", but they have also settled in the south-west of the big left island.

-Gnomes: Most of the gnomes live in between humans, contributing to their fights, however some of the forest gnomes stayed on the south islands were they probably came from. They call all the other gnomes traitors for rejecting their own kind.

-Dragonborn, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Tieflings: They exist, are playable, but are not very common.

Classes:
-Barbarians: usually come from the Rodanuk (humans), or the Eros dwarfs, but they may come from other races.

-Bard: playable

-Clerics: Clerics most often worship the minor gods (see deities below), less often major gods and rarely they worship "The"

-Druids: playable

-Fighter: In this campaign gnomes that lived on the big island, even though they are small, often become fighters, having learned fighting from the humans they can keep up with them (with a use of a bit of magic).

-Monks: Only Song'Yang people can be monks.

-Paladin: Paladins fight for the cause of good. They think of "The" as a force of good that they have to keep in a balance (kind of like Ying Yang). At 14th level you will have the title of a guardian and you may get called by the king if great evil has found a way into the world (usually getting called by the king, means that something very bad, like very very, or even very very very bad, is happening)

-ranger, rogue, sorcerer, warlock, wizard: playable

Deities:
There are three types of gods in this world, one of them being a single god (or a force, like paladins call it)

-"The": This god is rarely worshiped. Some people think of it as an almighty god, some think of it as an almighty creator. It has an appearance in religions of all the races, even though they call it by different names. For example some of the dwarven priests see "The" as an giant anvil that formed the world, and the Song'Yang see "The" as a force that passes thru all the existence.

Major Gods:
There isn't a known list of major gods and nobody knows if they actually exist, there are people worshipping major gods but not as many as minor gods. Lolth (the spider queen) and Gruumsh (creator of orcs) count as major gods.

Minor Gods:
Minor gods are the gods that walk the mortal plane. They exist next to mortals traveling, taking the form of mortals. They usually don't give away their identities.
List of known minor gods:
-Ragad, the god of death.  His symbol is a skeleton holding a bowl of water.
-Loel, the goddess of knowledge and time. Her symbol is a book with a sign of a sand clock on it.
-Neudax, the goddess of life and nature. Her symbols are three leafs with a green aura.
-Valais, the god of tempest. His symbol is a lighting bolt behind a shield, waves surround the shield.
-Radix, the god of trickery and wilderness. His symbol is a head of a fox.
-Moratus, the god of war. A mask with one side silver and the other side red.

Ok, I guess this should give you enough to create a character. If you have any questions, ask. We will be using myth weavers for character sheets.

Note: The world is still being build, so things like names and maps might change, but it shouldn't affect the world too much.

For now we will be doing just PBP, until I get familiar with the system, but later we will be playing half here, half on roll 20. It will be PBP until we meet combat or a situation that is hard to do with PBP than we will go to Roll20 each week at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:15:29 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons 5e [OOC/Looking for players]
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 04:22:17 am »

What schedule are we talking, and what format?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 06:17:32 am »

What schedule are we talking, and what format?
Not sure if I fully understand, but it's probably gonna be PBP
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 07:48:35 am »

Oh, I see, carry on then.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 04:15:05 pm »

In! 😉
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 04:45:35 pm »

I would like in.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 06:01:31 pm »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 06:17:01 pm »

IN

Sounds like fun.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 06:33:30 pm »

Absolutely no experience, so, IN. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 10:43:01 pm »

Absolutely no experience, so, IN.
We will see if Liberonscien shows up, if he doesn't you will become an adventurer!

Got a question for those who played before: How much you would think is a good payment for a quest for 1st level characters? (I know, a bit of spoiler)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons 5e [OOC] This is gonna be crazy!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 11:45:26 pm »

As we have all players I'm gonna write more about the world soon...

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 12:52:26 am »

This is 5th e, so good is thrown around a good bit if Im correct.

I'd say look at what we could buy with it, and try to decide that way - I dont have my copy with me now, sadly.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 04:23:27 am »

I was wandering if we are gonna have  any schedule that everybody should be at least once a week this or this day for one hour, or is it gonna be post without schedule, or something in between (must be here when we have the schedule but you can also post without it). My favorite idea is the third one cause preparing adventures for D&D takes time and doing a free post usually ends up in everybody posting once a day or something, and doing a single adventure might take months.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 06:36:27 am »

Yeah third option sounds decent, a time frame for play by posts with a reasonable limit.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 07:10:48 am »

You could do a hybrid version where you play-by-post until you hit combat, at which point you get on Roll20 at an agreed-upon time each week and work that out in a speedier time frame (if no combat, go through whatever time-consuming setup is occurring at the moment). That shit takes hours even then.

Or just play it on IRC or via text over Roll20 (main advantage of the latter is easy access to a map).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8