Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 144

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), IC Thread!  (Read 95491 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), IC Thread!
« Reply #1545 on: February 26, 2017, 10:29:17 pm »

Shaelynn frowned as she listened to Iris's explanation before several wheels crashed into place. "You mean to say that Flora used you to test her creations? Flora, that's... Why?" Shaelynn's feelings toward her own brother were... Complex. But the thought of possibly putting him in harm's way, even unintentionally, was appalling to her.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1546 on: February 26, 2017, 10:39:23 pm »

"I see. It may be best if we have this discussion immediately; would you like me to follow you back now, or speak here?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 26, 2017, 10:54:51 pm »

"It doesn't matter. As long as we're not interrupted."

She scanned their surroundings until she was confident Gregory had left and no one else was coming.

Then, her expression hardened.

"When we were selecting for the position of captain, Friderick refused to vouch for you for a certain reason."

"I see little reason to bring the others into this - but I want the truth from you. Explain your dereliction of duty. Now."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1548 on: February 26, 2017, 11:29:40 pm »

Siegfried looked down, shuffling his feet a bit. It was something that one might associate with a nervous or ashamed child; seeing it on a man as large as Siegfried was. . . odd. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"Ah-hum, well. . . It is something that it pains me to have to admit again, but I have shirked the duty given to me by my family once in the past. In fact, that is how I ended up in the Overseasland in the first place. I assure you, though, it has nothing to do with my loyalty to the Reich."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 26, 2017, 11:43:28 pm »

"And why would Friderick know of this? He measured you by it - for a Reich position, not family matters - and I cannot let that go so easily."

If he could not even meet her eyes, how could she be assured of his loyalty? She took no pleasure in pinning him with her gaze and watching him squirm, but she needed to get to the bottom of this.

"I asked for explanations. Not assurances. If you are unwilling to explain, I will get the information from someone else. I expect that will be much less flattering."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1550 on: February 26, 2017, 11:52:32 pm »

"It was revealed publicly not long before you arrived. In fact, I believe you were here when it happened." He sighed. "It was intended that I marry Lady Peritz in order to establish a political link between their house and Jubastascheit. I. . . did not want to, so I joined the Reich military in the hopes that I could escape my obligation."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 27, 2017, 12:26:20 am »

That almost explained the state of the (ex-)Governor General's dining room when she had arrived, at the very least.

"... I can see why Friderick doubted you. If you abandon your duty once, it sets a precedent. Whether you did so out of ignorance or malice, you disrespected the person you were intended to marry, and you disrespected both of your families."

"Still. I've kept an eye on you. You've stayed in the fight even if you could desert. Our captain seems to trust you. You seem to have a rapport with the cavalier - Cecil."

"I'm a soldier. I've no desire to involve myself in your family matters, then. Just know that if you should abandon your duty here, I will see you answer for it."

And here the mask slipped again, here her expression softened before she meant it to. This was a man whose face hid nothing, and his old shames had been laid bare.

She opened her mouth to ask another question, and hesitated.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1552 on: February 27, 2017, 12:43:53 am »

"I am quite aware of that, yes." He winced at the woman's words. It seemed that everyone wanted to take pieces out of him, whatever the reason. "I swear upon my life that I will stay duty bound until said duty ends, or I do." He noted her hesitation.

"Did you need to discuss something else?" He couldn't stop reluctance from showing on his face; Siegfried doubted that the conversation was going anywhere pleasant for him.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 27, 2017, 12:49:40 am »

"It's not related."

She paused for another long moment.

"I've just been- I've delayed in asking this for too long, and I'm sure now isn't the time, but... did Arnold say anything to you before he left?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1554 on: February 27, 2017, 12:59:54 am »

Relief flashes over Siegfried's face for a moment before his brow furrows in thought.
"Not that I can recall, miss Suzanne. I apologize."

"If I may be so bold, why do you ask?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 27, 2017, 01:16:35 am »

"Just Suzanne or Lieutenant Vogt, Siegfried."

"It was just that he was displeased with the outcome of the vote, and though I know he was selected to take on another mission... I'm not certain that I don't- I wonder if I-"

She took a deep breath, afraid to see this instant of vulnerability reflected in his eyes like his shame had reflected in hers, and began piecing her mask back together again. They were alone. She told herself that, and told herself this would not happen again.

"I feel responsible. If I'd chosen a different way, perhaps he'd have left on better terms. That's all."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1556 on: February 27, 2017, 01:37:35 am »

"I see. I don't believe it was your fault. You were given orders, and you followed them to the best of your ability; if anyone is at fault, it would be the one who gave them."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 27, 2017, 01:50:38 am »

"Ah. If you have something you need to say in private, I'll take my leave of course." Gregory said with a nod and a grin as he straightened up from his more relaxed posture. "I'll let you two get too it then." he finished before walking off, leaving them to their privacy.

Gregory left the two of them behind, seeking out others to check on in their small camp, eventually making his way to Cecil. He approached the flamboyant knight, raising a hand in greeting and offering him a grin.

"Howdy Cecil. I just wanted to pop by and make sure you're recovering okay. You really fought hard in that last battle, pretty impressive, took some pretty heavy blow as well it looked like it. How you doing?"
Cecil almost shrieks. He poorly hides a pair of scrolls behind his back with one hand, whirling around to meet Gregory's eyes. He waves with his free hand, grinning as best he can.
"Hello, friend! I'm....doing well! Mere w-wounds like these are simple trifles for knights of my calibre!"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 27, 2017, 01:51:26 am »

"I don't agree, but thank you for the thought."

"I've kept you from your watch for too long already." She offered him the smallest of smiles in lieu of an apology - for the interrogation, for the burden she had accidentally revealed to him. "Good night, Siegfried. I'm not certain of the watch schedule, but I will take the next shift if no one else will."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 27, 2017, 03:00:36 am »

"It was necessary, that's why, and I never tested anything that truly put her in danger. But some things had to be tested on a person, and if anything went wrong, I would want my full faculties to be able to deal with it."
She met Shae's gaze squarely.
"If I had alternatives, I would have used them."
Plus guinea pigs were more expensive went unmentioned.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 144