Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 144

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), IC Thread!  (Read 95510 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), IC Thread!
« Reply #1530 on: February 26, 2017, 07:23:20 pm »

The alchemist shook her head, taking the cup and knocking back what was left, which was basically dregs after Shae's guzzling.
"Not this precise combination, though we're set for antidotes or vulneraries, incidentally. I could make something pretty similar with enough hogsbane... but I suppose I have enough for another batch. So two, three more people at the most. If you leave this too long it becomes a pretty nasty poison, so I can't really make batches beforehand."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 26, 2017, 07:39:11 pm »

Flora gave a casual shrug.
"It varies on concentration of nal. If you boil the shandermerry beforehand, it decays in around three to four days. If you don't, it's more like... hours. Either way! Nothing to worry about. I've been studying alchemy a while, so I know what I'm doing."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 26, 2017, 07:41:20 pm »

"Most of the time at least. You should ask her about the rainbow tonic she tried to make one time... That was an interesting night."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 26, 2017, 08:52:50 pm »

Gregory waved his hand in gesture of acknowledgement  for Seigs concern.

"Yeah, I think I got a bit too enthusiastic there at the end and got too close to the enemy. But it's nothing that won't heal, given time... To be honest, my body is glad that we're taking this moment to rest instead of pressing on..." Gregory noticed Suzanne and waved her in with a grin.

"Oh, hey Suzanne. How are you doing? I was just talking to Seigfried about our battle wounds, heh. I'm glad for this rest that we are taking, but I have to admit that I'm afraid that giving our foes time to recoup will cause us issues down the line. Nothing for it I suppose. How are you feeling after the battle?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 26, 2017, 08:55:35 pm »

"That was once! And we were just starting out!"
She let out a long sigh, grumbling under her breath, and turned to Shae.

"Ok, so - there's a type of alchemical potion called a rainbow tonic, right? It turns your hair a rainbow of colours for a while when you drink it. It's pretty cool, actually. It was invented by this alchemist named Wolfgar, and being a young lass at the time, I thought I'd try it. I... didn't quite read the ingredients correctly. I used flickweed. It required flackweed. A pretty easy mistake to make, right?"
She ran a hand down her face.
"It was intended to colour my hair for a day at most before. Instead, it... coloured my, well, skin. For a week. Iris has never let me forget it."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 26, 2017, 09:06:38 pm »

"Ah, I see. A valuable lesson learned, I would suspect." Shaelynn was not about to berate someone over previous mistakes. Well, perhaps with exception to one particular incident. "If you don't mind my asking, what made you want to pursue alchemy?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 26, 2017, 09:10:52 pm »

"I wasn't hurt."

There was a pause. She had little to say to the two of them together, and perhaps the sudden attention had caught her more off-guard than she would admit.

"We chose to rest, so we should rest well. I don't mean to interrupt." Suzanne made a show of examining one of the knives tucked away in the folds of her cloak.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1539 on: February 26, 2017, 09:49:44 pm »

Siegfried waved a hand dismissively. "You aren't interrupting anything, Suzanne." He frowned slightly for a moment. It was unusual, to say the least, for the woman to be making some sort of social call. Even he could see that the woman didn't seem to place much value on talking unless it was goal-oriented. "Did you need to discuss something?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 26, 2017, 09:51:21 pm »

"I'm just glad she didn't have me test that one. I was still young enough that she hadn't considered me as a guinea pig yet."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 26, 2017, 10:09:55 pm »

She stifled a sigh. Might as well at this point.

"Siegfried."

"Back in Blumhart, I told you we needed to talk. Alone. If not now, as that would end your conversation with our captain" - she indicated Gregory with another tilt of her head - "I would ask that you find me outside my tent before you retire for the night."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 26, 2017, 10:21:22 pm »

"A guinea pig? I'm sorry, I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with the term..."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 26, 2017, 10:24:07 pm »

"It's... a small animal in one of the more isolated parts of the Reich. They often use them for trying alchemy potions before they try them on humans because they're able to survive a surprising amount of things. Or... something like that. I'm not sure exactly. I've never actually seen one."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 26, 2017, 10:27:27 pm »

"Ah. If you have something you need to say in private, I'll take my leave of course." Gregory said with a nod and a grin as he straightened up from his more relaxed posture. "I'll let you two get too it then." he finished before walking off, leaving them to their privacy.

Gregory left the two of them behind, seeking out others to check on in their small camp, eventually making his way to Cecil. He approached the flamboyant knight, raising a hand in greeting and offering him a grin.

"Howdy Cecil. I just wanted to pop by and make sure you're recovering okay. You really fought hard in that last battle, pretty impressive, took some pretty heavy blow as well it looked like it. How you doing?"
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 144