Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 144

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), IC Thread!  (Read 95484 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), IC Thread!
« Reply #2040 on: August 15, 2017, 12:46:40 pm »

Gregory turns his head to Shae, Awkwardly repositioning himself on the stool in a little hop and twisting him upper body towards her. His grin not moving an inch as he replied.

"Absolutely. That's why I thought he should come with us. Since he's been, so very useful. And this way we can make sure nothing bad happens to him."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 15, 2017, 12:58:34 pm »

Cecil seems visibly relieved at the idea of not having to kill Malcolm.

"As far as I'm concerned, he helped us escape, so he can't be all that bad! Welcome aboard, fellow seeker of justice!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2042 on: August 15, 2017, 01:10:06 pm »

Siegfried, somewhat belatedly, spoke up.

"I agree with Suzanne," he said . . . mostly to his plate.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: August 15, 2017, 01:13:21 pm »

Shaelynn nodded to Cecil. "Yes, welcome Malcom. You may comfortably count yourself amongst our numbers."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 15, 2017, 02:37:16 pm »

For her part, Suzanne simply pressed her lips together into a thin line.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 15, 2017, 03:53:11 pm »

"Wait. The rebels did what!?" Malcom was none too pleased by this bit of news. Granted he'd heard it before, back at the castle, but now he was able to process it with his life not hanging in the balance. "Had I known that was going on I wouldn't have waited around for a chance to slip away quietly. I'd have burned that place to the ground or died trying."

But perhaps he wasn't out of the woods quite yet.

"Are... Are you threatening me? Because it sure sounds like you're threatening me. But you know what? Sure, I'll join you guys of my 'own accord'. I can't imagine it'll be any worse than the rebels."
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: August 15, 2017, 04:17:20 pm »

Shaelynn was entirely unwilling to have any of this.
 "Captain. I believe this would be a fine time to clear up any misconceptions there may about Malcom's position. Clearly he is here of his own volition, and in no way obligated to stay should his mind change. And, if he were to leave, he would not in any way be under threat of prosecution by the Reich, as he very evidently showed where his loyalties lay within the castle. Is any of this not perfectly true?" Her tone softened as she turned to their newest ally. "Though if you would permit me to ask,
Lord Malcom, I would request that you lend us your continued assistance. What you do know of the rebels could prove to be of great value. As well as your capacity for staff magic, especially now that... Flora is missing."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: August 15, 2017, 06:43:33 pm »

Gregory raised his eyebrow as he listened to Shaelynn. Looking up at the ceiling, he sighed into his hand, seeming to gather his words for a moment before replying.

"I can't say he's under no risk of prosecution, Shaelynn, I'm not in charge of the whole Reich. It's clear we're not the only source of information here, given the way we were pointed right at Bonefaz. If his name come up in whatever other investigations they have ongoing it's possible some other team would go after him. Obviously we're pretty strong character witness and can and should contest that idea if it ever comes up, but if we're on the other side of the continent if they catch him and want to execute him or something they might not wait for us. I mean, we could head back and put in a report about how he helped us, which would hopefully make sure they don't mistake him as an enemy, but it would also be sure to mark him as a person of interest if he isn't already.

And no. I wasn't threatening you. I was being sincere. It seems like you might be in danger from both angles here, and traveling with us would allow us to protect you from any of your 'old friends' by force and from any inquiry from the Reich immediately. I mean, this investigations already picked up a number of helpers. Throwing one more into the pile shouldn't raise any eyebrows."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: August 15, 2017, 07:44:53 pm »

"[...] What you do know of the rebels could prove to be of great value. As well as your capacity for staff magic, especially now that... Flora is missing."

"Rule of law shouldn't be set aside for convenience's sake."

"But I agree with the rest. It'd be a poor show of gratitude to try to prosecute him after he gave us his aid."

There was still a certain stiffness to the way she regarded him, but she said nothing more.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 16, 2017, 01:08:40 pm »

Malcom didn't know how to handle the whiplash from the change in tone of the conversation. He had gone from (accidentally?) being threatened into the Reich to being told he was free to leave if he really wanted to. Then the threat was actually sincere concern and he had jumped the gun on and misinterpreted. And finally, he was being called Lord and formally being asked to join by... Wait, wasn't that the Governor General's daughter?

"Ah, I guess first I should apologize for jumping on you like that, Gregory. I've been forced into this whole thing already so the thought of you guys doing the same set me off. So," he made a mix of an awkward and nervous smile, "Sorry about that. But now that that's cleared up, I suppose I'll stick around with you guys. It doesn't feel right running from all this now that I know what the rebels are doing."

He turned his attention to Shaelynn.

"But you're the Governor General's daughter, aren't you? I hardly think I'm fit to be called 'Lord' by someone like you."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: August 16, 2017, 01:18:09 pm »

"Regardless of my station, you are still nobility. I only wish to convey the respect you are due by your station."

"...And my father is currently suspended from his position, under suspicion of collusion with the rebels. So my station is not so far above yours."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2051 on: August 16, 2017, 01:19:36 pm »

"Regardless of my station, you are still nobility. I only wish to convey the respect you are due by your station."

This is enough to occasion a glance from Siegfried, before the man returns to staring at his cold food.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: August 16, 2017, 01:38:15 pm »

"Wait he was what? When did that happen? Why did that happen? Er, that's probably what you're looking into, isn't it? But we're in the same boat regarding that then."

"I'm sure I'll be nothing more than a well-learned peasant after all of this is wrapped up. Either by disownment or by the dissolution of the Ellison family by the Reich."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: August 16, 2017, 05:37:19 pm »

If Shaelynn had seen Siegfried look at her, she didn't make any sign that she'd noticed. "Well, I've been part of the investigation team before my father was formally accused, but I'd lie if I said it wasn't part of why I'm here. I don't believe there is any basis to the charges against my father, and I want to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. My father serves the people, he would never do anything to put them in danger."

Shaelynn took a sidelong glance at Suzanne. "Of course, I understand that my point of view does leave me biased. However, if my father... If he was guilty, I would not stand in the way." Shaelynn looked carefully at her hands, clasped in front of her.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 16, 2017, 07:04:54 pm »

"It's good that you have such a strong belief in your father's innocence; it speaks well of his character and of yours. Some would throw their family to the wayside if it would secure their safety in a situation like yours. Your commitment to your family is admirable." Malcom paused, realizing the irony in his words.

Did I... did I make the right choice?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:16:05 pm by I_Like_Pi »
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 144