Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 144

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), IC Thread!  (Read 95473 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), IC Thread!
« Reply #1576 on: February 27, 2017, 09:23:57 pm »

​Suzanne returned to camp, and eventually sat herself a small distance away from the campfire. One of her hands retrieved a piece of wood from her cloak, the other a knife that had already long since seen its last day of combat. She whittled in silence, picking up snippets of distant conversation, glancing up now and then to check on the progress of the fire.​​

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 27, 2017, 09:28:18 pm »

Shaelynn noticed Suzanne take a seat near the fire some way away, then turned back to the sisters.

"What do the two of you think about the Lieutenant?" Shaelynn asked, her voice lowered slightly. She was not usually one for gossip, if perhaps only because she didn't really have anyone to gossip with. At any rate, she didn't want Suzanne to realize that Shaelynn was asking about her, in case she took offense.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 27, 2017, 09:36:40 pm »

Iris glanced over at the woman in question, frowning slightly before giving a slight shrug.

"She seems like most officers in the Intelligence branch or non-front line officers in the Military branch to be honest. No real understanding of how things work in the field and stiff to the point of breaking at small pressures. She'll do fine so long as things go smoothly. When things start to fall apart, that's when you'll see more of her true self. If I had to guess. I've seen enough of them during my training and service."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 27, 2017, 09:49:43 pm »

After a few strikes and adjustments of the kindling, the campfire Jann stood over took flame, and within moments came to a roaring crackle. Satisfied, he reached into his pack and pulled out a cloth bundle, unwrapping it to reveal a metal pot, bowl and some utensils. Reaching into his pack again, he pulled three decently sized potatoes and a large flask. Setting the flask aside, he lifted the knife and brought a potato to it, cutting it into small wedges.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:01 pm »

This particular wood was softer, easy to carve, and Suzanne soon fell into a natural rhythm with her movements. All sound faded in her ears, and she felt balanced. Almost serene. This was something that fit her. Like a lock's puzzle laid out before her. Like a lonely sojourn at night wherever she found herself, a message in her cloak and a purpose to spur her steps.

It was only duty and circumstance that had ever shaped her otherwise.

Her hands were deft and precise, but she was careful nonetheless. Even a dull knife deserved respect. It would cut her all the same if she let her attention slip.

When she looked up again, it was only to wonder briefly whether the potatoes that Jann was slicing counted as part of the army rations if they were his to begin with. She discarded the thought almost immediately. He wasn't part of their command, having been an addition to the original four under Captain Astleich, so they had little authority over him. Gregory and Shaelynn did seem to have his loyalty in some form, but that was nothing that would be or needed be put down on paper. She did not wish it otherwise.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 27, 2017, 11:07:00 pm »

"Oh dear, how dreadful. All of our officers are of such a disposition?" Shaelynn raised one hand to cover her mouth as she thought. After she moved it away, she spoke again, her expression very serious. "I suppose such attitudes would go some way to explaining the state of affairs. Rebellion directly beneath the feet of the Reich, and plots of misdirection reaching even my father... Yes, this does make sense."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 28, 2017, 11:45:30 am »

"Ah? This? It's nothing! Nothing important! It's just a....small project of mine."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1583 on: February 28, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »

Siegfried frowned at his paper for a good long while. Although the man seemed well-spoken enough as a result of his upbringing, he'd never considered himself particularly gifted with the written word, or words in general, really; he did have a tendency for his feet to end up in the general region of his mouth. In addition, he doubted he could really make this right with words, but he didn't particularly know of a way to rectify the situation otherwise.

Staring at the blank sheet was guaranteed to accomplish nothing, though. He touched the pen to the paper and stopped there for a few moments, only moving when he realized he was leaving a slowly expanding spot on the sheet. I don't have the ability to write something flowery and poetic like Cecil might. Hopefully simple honesty will suffice. . .

The pen scratched at the paper, interrupted periodically when he looked around, and then finally stopped entirely.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 28, 2017, 03:25:06 pm »

"Heh. You should be in charge instead, Reich Officer Iris."
She mock-saluted her sister.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: February 28, 2017, 03:46:53 pm »

"Not every officer, no. But plenty. It's unfortunate but that's how it is. Even your captain from before. I spoke up, warned him of the situation and how it might be best to handle and he ignored me. Which resulted in our group being split.

She shrugged and then shook her head at her sister's antics.

"Please. They'd never let me lead. I'm untrustworthy simply because of my job. Didn't you know that all spies canbe bought if the offer is good enough?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 28, 2017, 04:12:32 pm »

With each potato neatly diced, Jann lifted the bundle and dumped them entirely into the pot. Unfastening the flask at his side, he gingerly tilted it aside into the pot, pouring out a viscous broth until it nearly filled its brim. He took a moment to pull a large spoon from his utensils and stir the pot a few times before placing it squarely on the cabin campfire, producing a crackle as the fire grew around the base of the metal.

Pulling up the thickest base of the felled tree he saved to use as a stool, he idly watched the campfire. His eyes gradually unfocusing and reflecting the flames in his pupils, occasionally refocusing as he reached to stir.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:14:12 pm by CrimsonEon »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1587 on: February 28, 2017, 04:29:16 pm »

Siegfried waited a few moments for the ink to dry on his letter, and then folded it up as to make it as presentable as possible given the conditions. He stood up from his spot, took a deep breath, and turned toward where he'd seen Shaelynn move off to earlier.

He walked up from behind her, half-expecting her to whirl around and blast him with a spell as soon as he got within ten feet or so. The knight was trying to be quiet and subtle, but, well, he was a large man in heavy armor. He sort of skittered up to a spot a few feet away from her, laid the letter down, and the started to back away, unless someone was to stop him.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: February 28, 2017, 04:34:29 pm »

Shaelynn heard Siegfried's approach. Of course, it would be almost impossible not to hear him. She kept her gaze rigidly forward, not wanting to acknowledge the man in any way. She had, she felt, been quite clear as to how she wanted to interact with him directly after striking him. What did he think he was doing?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 28, 2017, 04:46:47 pm »

Flora watched curiously as Siegs clattered up with a peculiar creeping motion. Either he was trying to be sneaky or had shat himself.

"...what are you doing? There's more romantic ways of giving a love letter, you know."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 144