Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 144

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), IC Thread!  (Read 95587 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), IC Thread!
« Reply #1230 on: October 25, 2016, 06:21:46 pm »

"I'm inclined to agree. Though to be honest, I've never traveled in either environment before."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 25, 2016, 06:25:40 pm »

"Lots of nice plants grow in wetlands, and they'd be expecting us to go through the hills, especially since they had the time to prepare an ambush. I'd say go through the flooded territory."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 25, 2016, 07:19:39 pm »

Gregory leans back against a tree, listening to the various reasons. Standing up and shrugging.

"You two got a lot more experience in this area then I do I think, so I'll just vote along with the group consensus." He says simply.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 25, 2016, 07:37:24 pm »

"I'm loath to spend more time on detours."

"Floodlands. Unless those of us with heavier armor feel they won't make good time in the mud."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 26, 2016, 11:36:54 am »

"If going through the hills means there's a higher chance of them ambushing us, then I say we go there. We need to make as many of them pay as we can."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 26, 2016, 12:39:11 pm »

"We shouldn't be trying to fall into a trap! We don't need more of us dead."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 26, 2016, 12:59:28 pm »

: "More attacks means more opportunities for them to slip up and give us a lead, and if they had more resources to pit against us on short notice, they would have done it in the last ambush. Besides, hills are more manageable terrain than floodlands to fight on. We can take the chance to define our battlefield, instead of letting them choose."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 26, 2016, 01:38:14 pm »

"... If you feel that way, your Captain must have been a good man. But we should avenge him by succeeding in his mission, not through random slaughter."

"The way through the floodlands is shorter. Faster. If we arrive at Wyrmpeak before they expect us, that will be our lead."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 26, 2016, 01:45:35 pm »

"Yeah, I'm sure if we fight enough random goons eventually one will drop the 'Evil Masterplan' document."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 26, 2016, 02:37:19 pm »

Jann sighed irritably at Flora's suggestion.
: "'Evil Master Plan'..? Do all Reich scholars depend on twisting and exaggerating their opponents' words to win arguments?"
Shaking his head, he addressed Suzanne.
: "To me, taking the floodplains is a serious gamble. Best case, we get there before they clean up a crucial lead, which is unlikely given how much they already delayed us with that last ambush. Worst case, we get ambushed with our legs stuck in mud as opposed to solid ground. Regardless, it's neither of our calls, but your Captain's. Take it as you will."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 26, 2016, 06:10:34 pm »

"The lead was sent by the Senate itself. They would not have sent me if it was not important. I would not have us throw it away so easily after one delay."

"It is as much of a gamble to take the hills. We risk losing the lead we have even more for a chance to gain one we do not. And if the enemy is waiting there in ambush, they have already taken the high ground. Scrambling to take it away from them is no different than being caught in mud and getting to firmer ground."

Finally, she gave Gregory a curt nod.

"I will defer to my Captain. But it's better that we help consider every possibility that he may have missed."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 27, 2016, 04:50:11 pm »

"No, you butt, I'm saying I doubt there are all that many leads carry by random goons. It doesn't seem likely they'd ever carry any more information than what they've already given us if they have even the slightest lick of sense."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 27, 2016, 05:04:54 pm »

Gregory stands up straight from his position against the tree, holding out his hands in a placating gesture towards Jann and Flora as he walks forward.

"Alright, alright, no need to get snippy towards each other... I have to admit I'm somewhat inclined to side with Jann here, since he is after all, a local and knows the conditions of these places better then... Probably any one of us. However I think you've both made some good points about where we should go, and I like the constructive parts of the discussion, so if anyone has more to say, certainly feel free to step in, and I'm simply going to go with the group conscientious here."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 27, 2016, 05:26:38 pm »

: "And I don't expect them to have details in writing on their person. It can just as well be answered by troop composition, movements, understanding what resources they're pitting against us and how. For instance, we now know that our enemies are affluent enough to spare the equipment those 'bandits' threw at us. The next question would be, is that their limit, and are they desperate enough to continue throwing resources specifically at us?"
Jann shrugged as Gregory interjected.
: "Not many people talking. Looks to me there isn't enough evidence either way to convince anyone to reach a consensus. If you're not making the call as Captain, then it's either going with our guts or going with a coin flip."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 28, 2016, 10:13:00 am »

"I was just asking if anyone had anything more they wanted to interject before I decided. Since it seems like there isn't anything else, I gota say that the hills seem to be the winner to me. It'll put my trust in your knowledge of these sorta areas and all. So get ready everyone, we got a long tough walk ahead of."
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 144