Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any familly atourney/lawyer? fom canada quebec around? i have a question.  (Read 946 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ii have a question i would like to ask to such lawayer if we have one on call here hehe.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Open a phone book and call a local professional who is actually familiar with your laws.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

Well, you do need a Canadian lawyer who knows about Quebec's province laws. (Not me). Essentially, a broad referral....

http://www.barreau.qc.ca/en/
https://www.barreaudemontreal.qc.ca/en

Online legal advice is dangerous and a bad idea for everyone. That's why I never do it. If the question is important, then I imagine the answer might be too. Getting legal advice from anyone but a lawyer is a bad idea. You want to be sure you are talking to a qualified person with experience in these matters. Bar associations may be able to assist you with finding that person.

Take a look at the bar association links up there. If you are not in Montreal, then you might consider looking up your local bar association by city or county (I am unsure what the Canadian equivalent of "county" is, but I know "states" are "provinces."). They may be able to connect you with the proper professional who can answer your questions correctly. They may also know about resources for people with ... less than desirable financial circumstances. In the U.S. we call this "legal aid," or "legal aid society (ies)" or "indigent defense" etc. 

Talk to the bar association, perhaps politely ask to be put in touch with a lawyer who deals with family law. Depending on the circumstances, you might say broadly that you would like to talk to a lawyer about divorce, or child custody, some subcategory. If you have limited financial resources, then very politely explain that as well. I would imagine the bar association would know a legal professional who might be able to assist you properly. The reason I stress "politely," (I do not mean to imply you wouldn't be polite) is that you may be surprised how many people take out their anger at the secretaries at the front desk (who have done nothing to deserve this treatment / are just doing their jobs).

[Disclaimer: This is not a practice of law, provision of legal advice, or anything other than attempting to refer a person to a qualified professional through proper channels (bar associations). This is not legal representation nor legal advice].
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:38:21 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the information!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Good luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.