Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Not-So Official SCP Thread (located at Site █)  (Read 2441 times)

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
The Not-So Official SCP Thread (located at Site █)
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:15:06 pm »

There is a distinct lack of SCP in the General Discussion forum. Fix this immediately.

Discuss what is, could be should be and hopefully won't continue to be.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: The Not-So Official SCP Thread (located at Site █)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 07:59:15 pm »

[EXPUNGED FOR BREVITY]
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 08:37:04 pm »

The site administration went off the deep end of silliness, the site architecture is going to go down in flames very shortly, productivity in store production is way down  and the majority of the cool people dwell in a little excited community at #scpguntalk.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 08:46:40 pm »

Alas, it is true. SCP's golden era is over, and with their penchant for trying to erase things unironically will probably not even live on in memory.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 08:50:42 pm »

Alas, it is true. SCP's golden era is over, and with their penchant for trying to erase things unironically will probably not even live on in memory.

Nor will the site. My nightmares of that one scp will likely live on, though.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 08:56:04 pm »

Never saw the appeal in that site, myself. Always thought it seemed like somewhere for people who were too mature to write creepypasta but for whatever reason weren't ready to be professional horror writers :v

Not that there's anything wrong in liking it, mind. Just not my cup of tea.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 09:00:13 pm »

Some of it was really clever and creepy, parts of it were exceptionally "I'm not going out in the hall until the sun comes up because the bulb died, fuck it I'll pee in the corner" creepy, and a lot was just lame by comparison. Was a lot more of the lame stuff last time I checked it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 09:15:11 pm »

Nor will the site. My nightmares of that one scp will likely live on, though.

Was it this one by chance? It sure spooks the hell out of me. Like, to the point that I see there's new content on the page but don't want to read it.

I wasn't aware of issues with the site though. Is it, like, they can't get money to keep the place running? Or they've got their heads up their asses?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 09:19:27 pm »

The site leadership have joined the ranks of thin-skinned internet slacktivists, and have increasingly applied that to SCP's standards. On a lovecraftian horror site.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 09:21:03 pm »

Heads up their asses. They drove off the person with chops and experience to move it to a website not held together with kludge.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-517

And if I'm up all night with a rifle and knife, I'm holding you accountable for making me dig this thing up.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 09:33:05 pm »

A couple years ago I signed up for an account and even wrote a few SCP drafts, thinking that it might be good to fill the creative void I had in my life at the time.

Nothing ever came of it. I'm not a very good horror writer, and some of their attitudes toward certain things were off-putting. I got the sense that it was already past its prime. It's sad to hear that things have gone further downhill.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 09:37:13 pm »

Heads up their asses. They drove off the person with chops and experience to move it to a website not held together with kludge.

And if I'm up all night with a rifle and knife, I'm holding you accountable for making me dig this thing up.
Now now, we both know the rifle and knife aren't enough. You're going to need to steal back your tank at the very least.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 10:06:32 pm »

Now now, we both know the rifle and knife aren't enough. You're going to need to steal back your tank at the very least.

I nearly managed to knick one at my last day contracting yesterday, but the bossman immediately knew what I was doing and planning.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 10:38:19 pm »

The site leadership have joined the ranks of thin-skinned internet slacktivists, and have increasingly applied that to SCP's standards. On a lovecraftian horror site.

I don't see that at all?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 10:52:57 pm »

I don't see that at all?

Dunno if you're looking much, then.
Pages: [1] 2