Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58544 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.
« Reply #435 on: August 02, 2016, 02:15:08 pm »

Hidden Passives:

(Note: Any trigger not followed by a red announcement is something the player wouldn't be directly told about, but might be referenced in flavour.)

Wisp:
-Trigger: Wraith is dead.

You have triggered Fury!
Your role is now:
Wincon:
You win when all other players are dead.
(a): Trustworthy: You cannot be killed by the Paranoid auto.
(n): Paranoia: Target player gains Paranoid until the next day phase.
(d, 1-shot): Delusions: Target player votes for themselves until the end of the day.

You do not possess this ability, but it is relevant to your interests:
((a)Paranoid: You kill anyone that visits you at night.)

Wraith:
-Trigger: Wisp is dead

You have triggered Fury!
Your role is now:
Wincon: You are a Serial Killer! You win when all other players are dead.
(n): Inhume
Poison target player. They die at the end of the next Night phase.

3.14:
-Trigger: A town player you have inspected is lynched, or you kill a town player.

You have triggered The First Law!
Your actions may kill their target. That doesn't make much sense, does it?

(Increases chance that Analyse kills its target to 25%/50%/75%/100% each time it triggers)

Bulwark:
-Trigger: The game reaches Night 1.

A random player (besides you) gains Glowing Green Rock.

(a) Glowing Green Rock: You have a glowing green rock. What could that possibly be used for? If you are killed, your killer gains this auto.

-Trigger: You are targeted by a player with the auto Glowing Green Rock, either with an action of by them voting for you at the end of the day.

You have triggered Extreme Allergies!
You die.

-Trigger: You have the auto Glowing Green Rock.

You have triggered Extreme Allergies!
You die.

Nemesis:
-Trigger: You use Vengeance with a dead player than you killed.
You have triggered Possession!
Your role is now:
Wincon: You are a Super Serial Killer. You win when all players are dead (including you).
(a) Legion (1):
You have 1 charge of Legion.
(n) Call From Beyond: Target a dead player. You gain one charge of Legion. The dead player gains Moved On. Players with Moved On cannot be targeted by this ability.
(n) Whirling Death: Target any number of players, up to the number of charges of Legion you have. You must target yourself with this ability. All players targeted die. If a player is targeted multiple times, this action will ignore a number of protects on the target up to the amount of times beyond the first that the player is targeted by this ability.

Sleeper:
-Trigger: A player that you are watching dies.
You have triggered Nightmares!
You're not sure what to believe any more...

(Will see a number of players equal to the number of times Nightmares has triggered, selected at random, visiting their target. They can see the same player visiting the target multiple times.)
(Nightmares can trigger multiple times.)

Changeling:
-Trigger: A player dies on the same night that you target them.
You have triggered Collector!
(Gains a permanent copy of the ability instead of a 1-shot version.)
(Can trigger multiple times.)

-Trigger: A player dies on the same night as you target them after Collector has already triggered once.
You have triggered Carnivore!
Your wincon is now:
Wincon: You are a Serial Killer. You win when all other players are dead

Executive:
-Trigger: You die.
You have triggered Sequel!

You have been resurrected!

Your wincon is now:
Wincon: You are a Watcher. You win when [previous wincon phase plus 1] ends.

(Can trigger multiple times.)

? ? ?
-Trigger: Passive triggered by mafia kill.
You have triggered Total Recall!
Your role name is now Jotunn.
Your role is now:
Wincon: You are Town. You win when all Mafia-aligned players are dead.
(n): Deep Freeze:
Jail target player, preventing them from taking action or being killed.
(d, 1-shot): Flash Freeze: Target player cannot be lynched, and their vote doesn't count, for the rest of the day.

-Trigger: Passive triggered by anything else.
You have triggered Total Recall!
Your role name is now Jotunn!
Your role is now:
Wincon: You are a Mafia-ally. You win when the Mafia have an incontestable majority and count towards that majority.
(n): Deep Freeze:
Jail target player, preventing them from taking action or being killed.
(n): Frostbite: Kill target player. You cannot use this action on consecutive nights.

Piper:
-Trigger: Resonance used on a player already targeted by Resonance.
-Failure rate increased to 25/50/100%

-Trigger: Stopwatch dies.
You have triggered Solo Mission!
You have gained:
(n): Chorus:
You may have target player perform your action instead of you during the next night phase. Any action they attempt to do themselves will fail. They cannot perform actions on themselves with abilities that cannot self target.

Stopwatch:
-Trigger: Piper dies.
You have triggered Solo Mission!
You have gained:
(n): Rebound:
You action during the next night phase is unblockable.

Can I officially call BS now, concidering I was killed off night 1, and my teammate followed the next day?
I mean, you could have always used the power that was specifically designed to stop the mafiakill being interfered with in order to prevent the mafiakill being interfered with :/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:31:06 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:14 pm »

:( this would of been awesome

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 02, 2016, 02:20:51 pm »

Night actions:

FoU: Mafiakill targeting fillipk, redirected to Dustan by Tiruin, kills Dustan
Dustan: Accelerates TDS, killed by FoU
Tiruin: Redirects FoU to Dustan, redirects fillipk to FoU, gains Glowing Green Rock
BHK: Blocks fillipk
griffinpup: Jails juicebox
juicebox: Watches hector, jailed by griffinpup
Fillipk: Jails Dustan, blocked by BHK
TDS: Protects FoU
TMS: Track Tiruin, gains Advanced Targeting (1-shot)
Hector: Does nothing

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 02, 2016, 02:23:43 pm »

I would like to point out that the night action you gave me prevents roleblocking, not target changing.
With that in mind, you done goofed in the design for your mafia game, especially since you killed off both mafia within 2 nights.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 2; Well, That's Unexpected.
« Reply #439 on: August 02, 2016, 02:29:11 pm »

Spoiler: Role (click to show/hide)

Day 2 has begun! It ends on Monday the 1st at 22:00
Not changed, not enhanced, but quietly clearly and strictly Blocked.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 02, 2016, 02:33:21 pm »

I would like to point out that the night action you gave me prevents roleblocking, not target changing.
With that in mind, you done goofed in the design for your mafia game, especially since you killed off both mafia within 2 nights.
I think you need to go on a low sodium diet for a while.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 02, 2016, 02:37:33 pm »

+1
No need to be bitter.  Lots of mafia is chancy, and the ridiculously quick win for town wasn't due to the design at all.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 02, 2016, 02:38:28 pm »

+2

Yeah there wasn't anything wrong with the game that both Mafia died early.

As I said, Tiruin got a lucky break in that she targeted FoU, who was targeting fillipk, who was targeting you (Dustan) so you were a victim of circumstance.

FoU was unable to deflect suspicion during the day, as for lynched by mostly popular demand. He was a victim of democracy.

Neither of these things were to do with the game design as a whole.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 02, 2016, 02:39:46 pm »

Wait, so the Lovers screwed over the Mafia in one stroke, since my roleblock meant fillipk couldn't protect Dustan, and Tiruin forced FoU to kill Dustan? Woooow.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 02, 2016, 02:43:50 pm »

+1
No need to be bitter.  Lots of mafia is chancy, and the ridiculously quick win for town wasn't due to the design at all.
You don't get it do you? He is saying that my ability would of stopped mafia from dying (which it would not) if I had used it on my teammate. Additionally, he is blatantly ignoring his own writing stating that my ability wouldn't of changed the outcome of the lover's actions.
I'm not salty, I'm sour as hell.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 02, 2016, 02:50:25 pm »

+1
You don't get it do you? He is saying that my ability would of stopped mafia from dying (which it would not) if I had used it on my teammate. Additionally, he is blatantly ignoring his own writing stating that my ability wouldn't of changed the outcome of the lover's actions.
I'm not salty, I'm sour as hell.
One - I don't see where it says that.
Two - Bastard game.
Three - Calm down, there's no need to be tilted.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 02, 2016, 02:59:15 pm »

If you're going to say that you got screwed by design, I'm going to retort to that before I get around to anything else in your post. Your ability also prevents them from being blocked at all, not being roleblocked. Misleading? Yes. But this is a bastard game, and you're not supposed to be able to guess other people's abilities based off your own (aside from TMS).

Would you be claiming that someone was screwed by design if TBF or fillipk had accidentally killed someone (when TBF would never have know that was a possible outcome of his actions)? Or if TDS had died while being protected since it wasn't a kill?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 02, 2016, 03:02:27 pm »

One - I don't see where it says that.
Two - Bastard game.
Three - Calm down, there's no need to be tilted.
I mean, you could have always used the power that was specifically designed to stop the mafiakill being interfered with in order to prevent the mafiakill being interfered with :/

Spoiler: Role (click to show/hide)

Day 2 has begun! It ends on Monday the 1st at 22:00
Not changed, not enhanced, but quietly clearly and strictly Blocked.
2, it sure is a bastard alright
Spoiler: stop triggering me! (click to show/hide)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 02, 2016, 03:30:06 pm »

If you'd died, you could still have won with the town as long as you hadn't become a serial killer before that point. You could have gotten a night result about hector using you to murder someone at some point though.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 02, 2016, 05:30:05 pm »

Alright, taking protection from blocks to be protection from not-blocks is odd, even in a bastard game.  That's the sort of thing I'd at least leave some sort of hint for.  Then again, I tend towards the puzzle style of bastard games.

However, Dustan, this was mostly just incredibly bad luck.  I think this is the first time I've ever seen such an extreme near-perfect arrangement of N1 actions for non-scum: redirection of the Mafiakill and only NK to one scum, plus an investigative power tying the killer to the target.

I've seen major balance failures before.  I've seen mechanics that generate networks of confirmed townies that scum could not reasonably defeat.  I've seen a single power break a game.  I've seen Kingmaker 4.

This was not one of those major balance failures.  This was just the sort of perfect storm that can, but rarely does, happen even in nearly perfectly balanced games (Column B, for instance: lynch scum D1, cop hits other scum N1.  Still almost 50%/50%).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:15:22 am by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31