Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58606 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 2; Well, That's Unexpected
« Reply #360 on: July 29, 2016, 06:25:16 pm »

TMS:
Everyone, if your wincon is the same as mine, we should focus on scum instead of third parties.
Just noticed this.  Why'd you make this statement?  Who were you making this statement too?  Why did you force Tiriun to roleclaim?  Was that your goal?  Why force someone else to roleclaim, but not roleclaim yourself?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 29, 2016, 06:44:26 pm »

LYNCH LURKING JUICEBOX! LYNCH LURKING JUICEBOX!

Or at least make him participate.  I don't want this show to die.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 29, 2016, 06:48:13 pm »

Well okay then.

Deus Asmoth: Would you mind poking juicebox?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Night 1; Second Law Upheld
« Reply #363 on: July 29, 2016, 07:23:01 pm »

Votecount:
-TheDarkStar           [ 0]     
-hector13                [ 0]
-Griffinpup               [ 0]
-BlackHeartKabal      [ 0]
-fillipk                    [ 2]: Tiruin, hector13
-Tiruin                    [ 0]
-juicebox                [ 1]: griffinpup
-The Moonlit Shadow[ 1]: FallacyofUrist
-FallacyofUrist         [ 2]: TheDarkStar, TheMoonlitShadow

Juicebox has been poked
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 29, 2016, 08:17:22 pm »

Everyone:
You see, my Wincon is simply that there are no Mafia roles left alive. So if the entire town was SK'd, if it did not interrupt the lynching of scum, I would be fine with it.
Dustan (who is now dead) wanted to lynch all third parties.  I do not.  Where do you stand on that spectrum?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 29, 2016, 09:03:46 pm »

I'm voting FoU unless there is some sort of vote manipulation.
I'm posting from phone so I'm not even going to try to respond to anything yet, except one thing.  Hector just because a post is long doesn't mean it's not formatted.  Sure I don't have a label for everyone I'm responding to which I will start doing but I broke the quotes up and responded to each in particular so stop making the issue a bigger deal than it is.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 29, 2016, 10:40:59 pm »

You did have the quotes you were responding to, as well as everything else in those quotes that had been quoted prior to you quoting it. I'm not making a big deal out of it, I was commenting on the god-awful formatting you did :P

I will, however, make a big deal out of you thinking that was worth commenting on. Considering one of the things I'm pressuring you over is active lurking, I was hoping you would take it to heart and post content instead of nonsense.

I await - with bated breath - your response to my questions and accusations. I will remind you if you forget.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 30, 2016, 10:59:27 am »

Everyone:
You see, my Wincon is simply that there are no Mafia roles left alive. So if the entire town was SK'd, if it did not interrupt the lynching of scum, I would be fine with it.
Dustan (who is now dead) wanted to lynch all third parties.  I do not.  Where do you stand on that spectrum?
I want to lynch all Mafia. I assume that the Mafia is either scared of dying to an AK or need to be unable to lose as their wincon.
3rd parties are invariably between the gray scale of Town and Mafia extreme wincons--what's a stable variable is that everyone is assumed to be playing to their wincon, so any 3rd parties malevolent to the town are against me; I am for all 3rd parties that are neutrally aligned, given that this disposition stays without motive or agenda (ie "ALIGN WITH MAFIA BECAUSE WINNARS" = against me. :I ).

Because Tiruin isn't a big scum target. Not with that ability of hers. I feel it's good enough that people know what I got.
Yeah uh,
How did you get to this conclusion? And, why am I not a big scum target? :^
And- why did you claim both WATCHER and REVEAL ONTO MY ABILITY again?

Tiruin: Your ability is convoluted. I still can't quite wrap your ability around my head. Maybe... use a flowchart? Please?
:I
Reposting.
Quote from: This is my power since someone wasn't smart enough to keep tact, thus spoiling either, unless TMS is scum and he's being blatantly FOR THE INFORMATION!! :v
Your target's target is redirected to your target. Your target is redirected to your target's target's original target. If your target's target isn't targeting anyone, your target will be blocked. If your target isn't targeting anyone, your action will fail.
A - B - C
A = If action: Yes, affect C
B = If action: Yes, affect A; If non-targeting action: A is blocked (this also includes 'general actions' which are technically 'non-targeted'; if the target has a 2x or multi-target action, one is picked at random); If non-action: MY action fails.
C
= The person I redirect has their action redirected to whomever their target has targeted. [Meaning they act upon an unknown variable unless they're scum--with 'unknown' = 'I targeted this person']
= The person who was acted upon my the person I acted upon, is redirected to my target (the person I redirected).
^! These only come into play IF the person I redirect actually acts.
-- None of these will occur if my target doesn't act. (Basically redirect = fail, just like the basic redirect)
--! IF the person I redirected has their original target not acting, my redirect turns into a ROLEBLOCK (because this is against Asimov's 3 laws of logic...against Newton's paradox of equivalence...illogical to the law of conservation of matter technically, obviously redirecting the person to nowhere given the mechanisms of my power, so it blocks my target instead.)

So BOP Deus Asmoth for the wording. :P Be glad I can parse this.

Who did you target, seeing as you're being quite forthcoming?
I wrote it down back there. :P (FallacyOfUrist, A.K.A. FoU)

Extend; could I request a 'day end timer' in every votecount pleasE?

How come everything I say with Tiruin is ignored by everyone else, and everything I say with Filipk and FoU is ignored by Tiruin ;(
Could we get quotes on what you want me to address? I'm lacking time on many things and may miss stuff. :-[
Also you haven't addressed me challenging your accusation of me lying. :P Did I catch your tongue?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 30, 2016, 11:03:29 am »

PFP.

I was making a point on how we don't have information on other killers and unless they step forward our suspect is FoU.  You are right however I could have asked if there's a Doctor in the house and who they targeted.  However you claim to know there's a Doctor, how do you know this?
Not claiming but technically saying that I'm an unconventional JOAT and technical mason with a dude. :v In which I jest.
But yeah. I know someone who is a doctor (albeit not with the ability :P Just a 'doctor' in flavor...unsure actually if that's the ability they've got but yeah.) [In which I say it's a bad idea to kill me at the moment]
Unvote
I'm lacking in time so... :-[ Could anyone explain the hubbub around FoU, fillipk, TMS, and whatever is going on about people talking about last night other than TMS revealing me? :V
PFP

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 30, 2016, 12:54:32 pm »

Sorry for being inactive, I'll try not to do that again.

So here are my thoughts: I don't really trust Moonlit Shadow. Their posts have been really vague and unclear, they've been avoiding questions, and I don't like the way that she outed tiruin's ability. That being said, most of their information has proven to be good, but Moonlit Shadow is still suspicious to me.

fillipk, on the other hand, is definitely scummy to me. He's been avoiding questions, his posts have been very inconsistent, and he's trying to shoot a probable vig. Therefore my vote will go his way

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 30, 2016, 12:55:49 pm »

EBWOP: also, to answer the second part of griffinpup's question, I'm reading Tiruin and Hector as town

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 30, 2016, 01:02:10 pm »

Juicebox
Sorry for being inactive, I'll try not to do that again.

So here are my thoughts: I don't really trust Moonlit Shadow. Their posts have been really vague and unclear, they've been avoiding questions, and I don't like the way that she outed tiruin's ability. That being said, most of their information has proven to be good, but Moonlit Shadow is still suspicious to me.

fillipk, on the other hand, is definitely scummy to me. He's been avoiding questions, his posts have been very inconsistent, and he's trying to shoot a probable vig. Therefore my vote will go his way
Proving those statements is normally useful.  Like, quote where he avoided questions, when he claimed his target was vig.  Same goes with points against  Moonlit Shadow.
Speaking of though, what do you mean by most of the information being 'good'?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 30, 2016, 01:32:43 pm »

I'm lacking in time so... :-[ Could anyone explain the hubbub around FoU, fillipk, TMS, and whatever is going on about people talking about last night other than TMS revealing me? :V
PFP

FoU claimed a kill ability after people suspected he had one because he got redirected to Dustan last night. It was also the only kill (there was no scumkill). Now FoU claims vig.

As for the other people, they appear to either be siding with or against him. That leads me to think that lynching FoU will be very useful because it will indicate the alignments of several people. Worst case, we get rid of a vig who shoots randomly.

PPE:

FoU: Who did you intend to target last night?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 30, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »

FallacyOfUrist was my target, since information has been tactlessly disclosed, it would benefit the generality if the FoU mentioned his target.
Fillipk.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 2; Well, That's Unexpected.
« Reply #374 on: July 30, 2016, 06:39:57 pm »

Votecount:
-TheDarkStar           [ 0]     
-hector13                [ 0]
-Griffinpup               [ 0]
-BlackHeartKabal      [ 0]
-fillipk                    [ 2]: hector13, juicebox
-Tiruin                    [ 0]
-juicebox                [ 1]: griffinpup
-The Moonlit Shadow[ 1]: FallacyofUrist
-FallacyofUrist         [ 2]: TheDarkStar, TheMoonlitShadow

Day ends Monday the 1st at 22:00, 46 hours from now.

Votes to extend: 1/5
(Tiruin)
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31