Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58801 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 1, Make it Double.
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2016, 10:26:37 pm »

Sorry for being disgruntled, tiruin, I won't mention it again. On the same note, if everything is in it's own biome by unspoken rule, doesn't that make looking at previous games including those players cheating in a way?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2016, 10:27:06 pm »

@TiruinWhat I mean is he's overreacting to what seems to be a simple RVS vote, which seems a little suspicious to me

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2016, 10:29:13 pm »

By the way, I do not like being strangled. at all.
This makes me think someone tried a day action on you. Yesno?
~~~
TheBiggerFish, do you think you can help the town more by using flavor theories and whatnot as opposed to scum hunting?
Normally, I think we know the answer. But this is a bastard mod, so I think the answer might be more variable than normal...
No, just referencing a different game fallacy.
Oh come on, really?  That's, like, rule #1 of Forum Mafia, You Do Not Talk About (Ongoing) Forum Mafia....

@Tiruin:Yes, I recall.

@Fallacy redux:Honestly?  Me personally, yes.  An experienced scumhunter, no.

@Dustan:Nah, meta-analysis of a player's fair game, just not talking about ongoing games.

@juicebox:Who?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2016, 10:29:37 pm »

Also, much ninja.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2016, 10:30:29 pm »

That would be you sir

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2016, 10:30:58 pm »

Tiruin: it's half softclaim and half learning who believes who is what. By the way, I do not like being strangled. at all.
And this is why knowing the public identities of the Eleven is useful.  Ish.
What is this 'public' idea that you speak of?
Knowing the idea about other people? How will that benefit you?

Let me give an example:
Quote from: Pubclic Identity of Tiruin
I am a shield, both a moniker and a very vivid construct of my current being. I have undergone much trauma in the past due to many experiences I have, scarring me like a battered shield. I am painted in the modest livery of brown and blue.
Public identity.

@Dustan: You could really opt for a Beginner's Mafia at this point. :P You're confusing mechanics for in-game play.
Or at least that's how you come off as if I assume you don't have an agenda.

@Tiruin:Mostly, I'm busy defending my actions at this point.  That's not really what you were asking about, but I think you got the gist of it, I'm trying to pin down the flavor, except I have to keep running in circles defending trying to pin down the flavor because hector.  And it is entirely hector.
What I'm asking about is knowing you more, because you're in my neutral zone. However your current attitude has remarks that draw fire from other people--I see this as beneficial because it allows me to see into how they interact.
I however have to maintain the query on asking you if flavor is important; do you think interacting with others along with asking flavor questions is also just as important?
This is due to the underlying and unspoken assumption that town aim for lynching the right folks; that's by communication, as this brings people mutually to understand each other more. If one communicates in a one-sided way, it could come off as you having a different motive from this.

But IMO, working with flavor AT THIS MOMENT won't help. You can do that later on as my only impression now is that it defines actions.
This doesn't seem like a bastard game like Bellsounder however, in which we dig and interact with the environment; we can do tat WHEN WE HAVE DETAILS to work with, rather than assessing the room we're in for clues. :P
And if you HAVE or FEEL LIKE doing that, do it along with your dayplay/scumhunting.

PPEx4

@TiruinWhat I mean is he's overreacting to what seems to be a simple RVS vote, which seems a little suspicious to me
Got it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2016, 10:34:38 pm »

Sorry for being disgruntled, tiruin, I won't mention it again. On the same note, if everything is in it's own biome by unspoken rule, doesn't that make looking at previous games including those players cheating in a way?
No.
You can use looking at other games as a source of reference. You however use the reference with discretion IN APPLYING IT IN CURRENT GAMES. If the game you're referencing is still ungoing--keep it to yourself because that breaks the 'In-character' aspect of the player, within the game, since it is still running, and may disclose directly or indirectly details via implications that CAN be drawn from that statement alone.

Which is summed up briefly as:
> We do not talk about currently ongoing games unless the game is finished. There is usually a deadchat to talk about those things. If there is no deadchat (deadchat is a quicktopic link where people can communicate that can't be searchengine'd), then PM the moderator of that game. There is no need to talk about other games because it may both be rude, or along with the above it may really cause unwanted things to occur.

We all however know you are strangled in that game given your corpse so that's as far as you can talk about it.
You however do NOT make it a remark to make a full post out of, because people will pick up on it and there may be the case where that will cause or affect their behavior: ie What you're basically saying HERE is that 'I don't want to be killed'.
People will question that.

Why don't you want to be killed?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2016, 10:40:44 pm »

No.
You can use looking at other games as a source of reference. You however use the reference with discretion IN APPLYING IT IN CURRENT GAMES. If the game you're referencing is still ungoing--keep it to yourself because that breaks the 'In-character' aspect of the player, within the game, since it is still running, and may disclose directly or indirectly details via implications that CAN be drawn from that statement alone.

Which is summed up briefly as:
> We do not talk about currently ongoing games unless the game is finished. There is usually a deadchat to talk about those things. If there is no deadchat (deadchat is a quicktopic link where people can communicate that can't be searchengine'd), then PM the moderator of that game. There is no need to talk about other games because it may both be rude, or along with the above it may really cause unwanted things to occur.

We all however know you are strangled in that game given your corpse so that's as far as you can talk about it.
You however do NOT make it a remark to make a full post out of, because people will pick up on it and there may be the case where that will cause or affect their behavior: ie What you're basically saying HERE is that 'I don't want to be killed'.
People will question that.

Why don't you want to be killed?
Why don't you answer that question yourself tiruin? It's not like I can unwind death. Speaking of death, I have had a rough day today. 3 deaths IRL where I live, all of natural causes. 2 were animals, one was human. What's not to fear about death, taking you from your loved ones, from your current existence?
Frankly, I don't like dying regardless of the game i am in. I do everything I can to stay alive as such.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2016, 10:42:34 pm »

@Tiruin:Frankly, I suck at scumhunting in a vacuum.  And this is a prime example of vacuum.

Also, no, I meant a list of the super-identities of the Eleven.  As in, their superhero/superwhatever names and their powers, etc.

I will assume that's probably not an actual claim because nobody would be that silly...

And yes, interacting with others is important, but right now nobody's even doing that.  Well, except to lambast me for asking flavor questions, which is frankly kind of stupid when we as a group can and should be actually scumhunting.

Tiruin Ninj x1:Oh, wait, now you're doing that.

Dustan: Not to be callous, but: What does that have to do with Mafia?
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2016, 10:44:37 pm »

@Tiruin:Frankly, I suck at scumhunting in a vacuum.  And this is a prime example of vacuum.

Also, no, I meant a list of the super-identities of the Eleven.  As in, their superhero/superwhatever names and their powers, etc.

I will assume that's probably not an actual claim because nobody would be that silly...

And yes, interacting with others is important, but right now nobody's even doing that.  Well, except to lambast me for asking flavor questions, which is frankly kind of stupid when we as a group can and should be actually scumhunting.

Tiruin Ninj x1:Oh, wait, now you're doing that.

Dustan: Not to be callous, but: What does that have to do with Mafia?
everything.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2016, 10:46:25 pm »

Dustan:Increased font size and italics does not an answer make.  Explain yourself.
Sigtext

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2016, 11:17:43 pm »

@TBF: You said yourself that we are in a vacuum. The only thing I can see right now that's worth pursuing is your reaction to hector's vote.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2016, 11:24:30 pm »

hector: Why?

How do you know we're the only two that matter, what's your proof?

Because you two are the most suspicious to me, and in games with eleven players it's usual to have two scum. I like to form opinions (more gut feelings) quickly in mafia, the quicker to confirm or reject them. Proof (at least of the concrete variety I feel you want) is difficult to come by in Mafia, and when we're in a situation in which proof - even of the transient variety - is sparse, gut feeling is all I got (or gut, hoho)

Flavour is not important on D1. If you knew 100% of the flavour of this game right now, how would it inform your vote? It wouldn't, because there's nothing against which you can compare.

I basically think you're wasting time, and we don't need that. You've asked about flavour for almost half of your D1. I have great disdain for that.

How do you expect to get better at scumhunting if you don't actually try to do it?

I will move my vote because I also have great disdain for nonsensical bandwagons:

FoU: How likely do you think it is the rest of us will believe that the two votes you have made were coincidental, when they were on people who already had a vote on them?

Vote number 1 - after TBF was voting for me in reply 88.

Vote number 2 - I have been voting for TBF for the entirety of my D1.

Perhaps you'd like to explain them for us, in case we get the wrong idea?

Did you move your vote because nobody else was voting for me?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2016, 11:35:20 pm »

I'm going to say I don't think TBF is scum basically because he's being too honest, its his first bastard game so he's focusing on things that don't matter yet when he shouldn't. 

I think the more pressing issue here is Tiruin.  She is super hard to get a read on and should be on everyone's mind, even if she appears town. 

So Tiruin lets say you need to get FoU lynched because some night action told you they were scum, how would you do it?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2016, 11:40:19 pm »

I'm going to say I don't think TBF is scum basically because he's being too honest, its his first bastard game so he's focusing on things that don't matter yet when he shouldn't. 

I think the more pressing issue here is Tiruin.  She is super hard to get a read on and should be on everyone's mind, even if she appears town. 

So Tiruin lets say you need to get FoU lynched because some night action told you they were scum, how would you do it?

Why Tiruin specifically?

TDS is also hard to read. Griffinpup hasn't posted, you can't read someone who isn't there. BHK and Teneb haven't posted (according to Lurker Tracker) for close to two days. Do these people not matter?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31