Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How did YOUR last adventurer just die?  (Read 5314 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: How did YOUR last adventurer just die?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2016, 10:23:14 pm »

Every once in a while, I like to mod in Orcs from Masterwork into regular ol DF to have some WAAAGH fun.

Have me a nice party of Goblins, ready to attack a hamlet.

There are no nearby hamlets.

So I went into a Dark Fort looking to get more recruits

Then my Goblins started a civil war, and my Orc got torn to bits by a dozen non friendly gobbos.

Did you know Masterwork Orcs can't do any movement except "Walk"? I didn't until then.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 03:40:29 am »

Encased in ice...  because without noticing, I'd wandered over top of an evil, frozen ocean.  A wave washed up on shore and briefly created a puddle of water, which froze instantly, killing my character.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

armok of blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 10:39:58 am »

I made a ranged character.
At some point I encountered a lion. I fired several bolts at it with my crossbow, but none struck their mark.
I tried to flee, and I died.
It's not like an idea has to make sense for people to cling to it.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2016, 10:23:59 pm »

Raided a bandit camp, killed the chief

Fast traveled back to a village, was ambushed by a chieftess

In what I like to imagine was some kind of revenge story, the chieftess battled my human outsider, and after I got one stab to the lower body in, she crushed my advenutrer's skull with her silver warhammer.

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2016, 04:28:27 am »

Entered a labyrinth with no armor, a copper spear, and a single (also unarmored) companion armed with a steel pick. Got ambushed by 4 minotaurs. Died.

I later embarked over the same labyrinth. My adventurer's corpse was still there, one of the minotaurs had a copper spear stuck in his neck, and a second was apparently dead. I like to think it died to a wound I gave it.

Urist McColeTheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 10:25:57 pm »

I was bit by an ettin and shaken to death until I bled out.

Started out in the same town on my next adventurer and went on an "unassigned" mission to get revenge for my last adventurer, but when I got to his lair I found a mangled ettin corpse with a halberd stuck in him, as well as the corpse of my axeman companion.
Pages: 1 2 [3]