Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Shadowrun 5E IC Thread: Pipe Dreams  (Read 18290 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5E IC Thread: Pipe Dreams
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2016, 04:49:02 pm »

"To be honest, I don't feel like we have enough information to steal the container yet. Right now, I feel like there are two possible things we can try:

Plan A. Break into the facility and drag the crate to a truck, then drive it to the construction site.

Plan B. Hack a computer/forge some records/impersonate an official in order to make them accidentally ship the crate to the construction site. Or at least close enough so we can geek the driver and deliver it the rest of the way ourselves.

You guys think this is good enough? If you guys have trouble with the hacking part... let's just say I know a guy."

"Leave it to a Dwarf to restate what everyone else just said."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2016, 05:10:52 pm »

"Well, it is always nice to sum up what everyone has said. But lets not forget the third option: dump the annoying human with no sense of survival into the bay and then decide what to do."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2016, 05:47:16 pm »

"Still, rivalries aside, we should at least have an idea about what we're gonna do when we leave this place. I'm personally gonna go take a tour of the neighborhood with my bike and maybe get some information about how they handle shipping."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2016, 08:18:04 pm »

I will stay here for a time and scout out the site, I would prefer someone with wheels staying in case I need to exit fast.

Does anyone think they can get some info on what normal shipping or security operations are like at the yard?  Contact of a contact, get some lonely driver drunk or something like that?  A copy of an old shipping manifest would be real nice so we can forge a good digital fake.

I prefer getting the corp to do our work for us, lots of style there, but we should probably figure out where their trucks are in case we need to smash and grab.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2016, 09:01:16 pm »

"Well, since we're going to the same place, maybe we can go together. As you can tell, I'm not really that stealthy," Mjölnir points to the shiny spike on top of his helmet "so some disguises would be nice."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2016, 09:17:03 pm »

"Well, it is always nice to sum up what everyone has said. But lets not forget the third option: dump the annoying human with no sense of survival into the bay and then decide what to do."

"You looking to get your face pounded in too? My fists ain't reserved for just metas."

"Well, since we're going to the same place, maybe we can go together. As you can tell, I'm not really that stealthy," Mjölnir points to the shiny spike on top of his helmet "so some disguises would be nice."

"You're six inches high, you'd be able to hide easily if you where anything resembling sober."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2016, 09:26:30 pm »

The dwarf burps.

"True. With the kind of work I do, I can easily just hide in a trash can until the job is done."

The fact that this is an insult seems to completely fly over Mjölnir's head.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2016, 12:12:41 am »

Theme Music(New!)
Thursday, August 19th, 2077.
9:00 PM
Seattle, UCAS

Everett
Pulling out your RCC, and with a swift clatter on the keys, you send a command over to your van. The side mounted tower spins up, and launches into the air, with the pelican stowed in it's cargo. It only takes a few minuets for them to get to the relevant location. When your tower is within three hundred meters, you deploy the Condor, which plummets for five meters before the airbag can fill, and then manages to become lighter than air again. It meanders it's way towards the warehouse, trying to not look suspicious. It finally establishes a holding pattern about fifty meters up, and you start seeing what you can see. [3 hits] The warehouse is a large rectangle, with several small, two story office sections sticking out towards the street side. About half of the warehouse is enclosed and the other half is just a metal siding roof on poles, without side walls. Away from the street side, in the part not obscured by the roof there is a parking lot with a couple of trucks in it. The parking lot has a road connecting it to two front entrances along the bottom side. If you had to guess, you would think that trucks would enter through the street side, take the bottom road, and pick up cargo from the far side away from the street.

Moving away from your RCC for a second, you take a second to do a quick matrix search on the address. [4 hits] Hmm, this is 'interesting'. Apparently the warehouse has received awards from the Seattle "Efficiency in Industry" committee, as being an excellent example of warehouse design. On their matrix site, they even have a full blueprint on display, so people can marvel at how efficient it is. Figures. You download it and store it on your commlink.
Spoiler: Warehouse blueprint (click to show/hide)
Then, a quick search on "Eximious" [??? hits] Nothing. Well, Eximious means excellent in old Latin, but you doubt that will help you. As far as fixers go, you can't find drek.

Bird
Swinging out the door and up the stairs, you pass the subdued bar patrons and the tall security guard on your way out. [1 hit] You get lucky and manage to grab a bus that's heading towards Dash point, full of tired longshoremen. You hop out about a block away and stroll over to see what you can see. [5 hits, capped to 4] The warehouse is surrounded by a 4 meter tall fence topped with barbed wire. The warehouse has two entrances. One is at the north side, which has a keycard scanner and sliding chain link gates. The one near the south side is a checkpoint, in effect. It has a cube for a guard, who is currently sitting there looking at some Trid. The entrance is blocked by traffic barriers, which retract into the ground as a truck enters. The procedure for getting in seems to be a quick chat with the guard and him looking something up on a terminal, which is approved by him, which allows the traffic barrier to retract. A camera is watching the checkpoint. Looking further at the warehouse, you can see what looks like generic offices attached to it. A camera is on the corners of the warehouse, watching the roads, but there are large blind spots. The area around the warehouse has an open lot to the north, and a parking lot to the south. The street is two lanes wide and poorly lit. You notice, also, a small floating drone overhead. Must have been that aerial support.

Wrath
You lean back in your nice padded couch, and feel your soul exit your body. The astral world swirls around you, and you drift over towards the warehouse. When you get there, you try to see what you can see. [3 hits] The first thing you notice is there are no barriers in the area or any special astral presence at all. There are no spirits patrolling or watching the warehouse either. Looks like the place is unguarded from a magical front. You look more closely and you can see one metahuman in the street side of the place, and eight spread out through the various warehouses which you see as a dull shadow. Other than that, the astral is basically bare.

Spoiler: GM's note(IMPORTANT) (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2016, 03:28:31 am »

"Live imagery and blueprints are in. That was... surprisingly easy. Which probably means that a good chunk of the blueprints is wrong."

Everett puts the blueprints and map up on the center console thing, and sends them to Bird.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2016, 07:40:42 am »

Assuming nothing happens and Bird gets the blueprints he would send back a message.
Quote from: Bird to Everett
Oh, good shit. Uh... Can't exactly match it up right now, but it does look about right. Looks like sneaking in will require us to either get a truck and fake our needing to be there on their system or we'll need to sneak in the back with a keycard. Of course we can't dress very obviously since it's only chainlink holding this place in... It's got a few cameras placed about, probably should assume they're all real. So... going to need to deal with that just in case. Anyways, I'll get back to you in a bit if I find anything new to look out for.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2016, 08:51:47 pm »

"Anyway, I think we have everything settled for now. I'm going to leave my comm-link number on this table so if anyone needs me they can ping me."

The dwarf does exactly that and then heads for the bar in order to grab his gun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2016, 08:55:24 pm »

"Anyway, I think we have everything settled for now. I'm going to leave my comm-link number on this table so if anyone needs me they can ping me."

The dwarf does exactly that and then heads for the bar in order to grab his gun.

Stroheim puts his hand on the Dwarf's shoulder as he tries to leave the room.

"Where do you think you're goin? Looks like we're the only two awake here, and I still have to pay you back for earlier..."

Stroheim attempts to turn the Dwarf around and lift him by the collar.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:42:32 pm by Stirk »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2016, 09:00:39 pm »

Called shot (Dirty Trick), Mjolnir tries to punch Stroheim in the "family jewels"...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:20:14 pm by heydude6 »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2016, 09:08:55 pm »

"Ahem."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2016, 09:13:46 pm »

"Ahem."

Stroheim had completely ignored Nails existence, having already developed tunnel vision before the fight started.

((That is my story, and I'm sticking to it.))

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9