Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Shadowrun 5E IC Thread: Pipe Dreams  (Read 18307 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5E IC Thread: Hole in one.
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2016, 06:41:25 pm »

Bird checks his watch and sighs as he waits for his turn to get in.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 12:02:35 am »

Wrath heads to the bar and looks at the prices, then asks to send a diversified round of moderately priced drinks to the room Eximious has reserved.  He follows, or preferably takes, the drinks to the room, taking a seat directly across from anyone else in there.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2016, 03:12:04 am »

Thursday, August 19th, 2077.
8:50 PM
Seattle, UCAS

Everyone
As Stroheim takes off, the bouncer shakes his head and then motions for Bird to step up. The line manages to empty relatively quickly. Everett and Bird have their guns located, and are told to check them, unless "You want to lose your trigger finger, not just trigger." They get the message. Everyone with weaponry has to check it at the bar, while Wrath takes a moment to browse the catalogue and have drinks sent down. Everyone ends up filing down one at a time, due to awkwardness or issues with checking weaponry. The first to enter is Stroheim...

Nails
As you pop down onto the couch, you get to witness a rather odd spectacle. First a large, muscled human who you can tell is fuming bursts in and throws himself at a couch. He sits down and scrunches up, almost not acknowledging you except for with a scowl. Next up is a confident human wearing a armored suit, another one who walks in looking disoriented but is fairly blandly dressed. The last, but not least guy walks in, wearing a light jacket and jeans, and carrying a plate of drinks, which he sets on the coffee table. As you're about to break the awkward silence, a dwarf practically skips in, and deflates instantly when he spots the muscled human. Who's spotted him and is leaping to his feet, while everyone else is rising. In that moment the Trid projector chooses to turn on and display a face.

"Settle down gentlemen. I did not bring you all here for you to kill each other" says the face in the Trid projector. It's a voice that's tired but precise. Soft but with a cold edge underneath.
"We're going to have a nice chat real quick, and then we can get to the part where everyone is fighting it out. So I'll ask you all to sit once, or consider any deal we might have void.
Everyone sits.
"Now, I'm going to also have to ask you to hold all questions and comments until the end of our little chat. But first, where are my manners? My name, if you've managed to figure out, is Eximious. And I've invited you here for the same reason anyone comes to the wretched establishment. Money. I'm a fixer as the terminology goes, but recently I've had my regular teams be overwhelmed with work, and there being a lack of free assets. So I've turned to talent scouting. I have determined that you, when you're not fighting, would form a good team based on your background and the information that I've managed to dig up about you. Don't worry about that by the way, all I know is what you're capable of, and that's all that interests me anyways. Getting back to the point. If you choose to accept, we can immediately begin work as I have a sort of... test for you. However, I can say no more without getting your agreements to work with me. Now's the time for your questions. But not fighting. That energy will be much more useful channeled in productive direction."
He leans back, and lights up a nic-stick. As everyone sits in various states of emotions, you take a moment to examine everyone more closely...

Spoiler: GM's note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:07:08 pm by werty892 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5E IC Thread: Eximious
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2016, 07:17:20 am »

Everett, the disoriented one, begins to mutter. He is about 172cm with pale skin, rumpled light brown hair, large ears, and appears to be fairly slim. He currently has on a pair of green cargo pants, some heavy-duty boots, and a grey sweater.

"A Johnson with a name? That... seems strange to me... So, I would think that just our being here means that we more or less accept the job already. That is, unless mister anger-management issues over there has changed his mind with what happened outside?"

"In any event, you can call me... Well, I guess you can call me Everett."

He then holds out a hand for people to shake.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 08:18:23 am »

Drek, Mjölnir wasn't expecting to bump into him again. He already had his vengeance, he wasn't interested in fighting anymore. It doesn't seem like an opinion the human shares though. As Mjölnir tries to think through this situation and figure out what to do, his already intoxicated mind only seems capable of having one thought:

I need a drink

Oblivious to the existence of the people around him, he steals a drink from the tray not realizing it belongs to Wrath and anxiously gulps it down.

"So... no harm done?"

Mjölnir gives a nervous smile and reaches for another drink...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:43:38 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2016, 12:15:40 pm »

The confident human in an armored suit nods to the projected face before turning to the others. They can't tell but something about him puts them in a less than hostile mood, towards him at least. He smiles confidently as he shakes the offered hand with a firm grip before moving on to introducing himself.
"Hello Chummers, the name is Adam Bird, but I mostly go by Bird. My parents were runners, until they got got of course, so 'i decided to look into becoming one on when I felt I could really do something of use. And at this point, I've decided that it would be useful to put my skills in talking to people to use. Not that I can't also fight, I just find it easier if we aren't going to be getting shot at."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2016, 04:27:16 pm »

Drek, Mjölnir wasn't expecting to bump into him again. He already had his vengeance, he wasn't interested in fighting anymore. It doesn't seem like an opinion the human shares though. As Mjölnir tries to think through this situation and figure out what to do, his already intoxicated mind only seems capable of having one thought:

I need a drink

Oblivious to the existence of the people around him, he steals a drink from the tray not realizing it belongs to Wrath and anxiously gulps it down.

"So... no harm done?"

Mjölnir gives a nervous smile and reaches for another drink...

Stroheim is a large man in both height and width with almost over-sized muscles shown-off by his outfit, blond hair, and (currently) a super angry expression. Probably usually a super angry expression, from the looks of him.

As Mjolnir goes for his second drink, Stroheim grabs it faster. He then crushes it in his hand, in front of the Dwarf's face.

The confident human in an armored suit nods to the projected face before turning to the others. They can't tell but something about him puts them in a less than hostile mood, towards him at least. He smiles confidently as he shakes the offered hand with a firm grip before moving on to introducing himself.
"Hello Chummers, the name is Adam Bird, but I mostly go by Bird. My parents were runners, until they got got of course, so 'i decided to look into becoming one on when I felt I could really do something of use. And at this point, I've decided that it would be useful to put my skills in talking to people to use. Not that I can't also fight, I just find it easier if we aren't going to be getting shot at."

"That is a lot more information then needed. Are you gonna hand us your SIN number too? 'Here is my real name, what my parents did, and why I am doing this!', and nobody was asking neither."

He finally turns to the Trid projector.

"I already lost money just showing up here. This place is drek. I'm too invested to not take whatever job you got at this point."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »

"In that case, its probably best if you just left. Probably should reimburse the bar for that glass while you are at it."
Highly Opinionated Fool

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2016, 04:49:33 pm »

"In that case, its probably best if you just left. Probably should reimburse the bar for that glass while you are at it."

"You got drek in your ears, drek-for-brains? I said I'm gonna take this job."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2016, 04:54:03 pm »

Bird ignores the jackass.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2016, 08:32:26 pm »

An ork in a business suit, about 203 cm(6'8") tall with dark brown hair and eyes, light brown skin, average tusks, and an intricate tattoo on lower right part of his face, goes to grab one of the drinks. He then nods to the one who brought them in, and introduces himself.

"Thanks for the booze, chummer. The name's Nails, by the way."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2016, 11:41:54 am »

As Stroheim crushes the drink, alcoholic liquid splashes all over Mjölnir and his clothes. His beautiful white beard, with so much time invested in combing and braiding it, was drenched. His synth-leather jacket, a worn out piece that hearkened back to his days as a go-ganger, was soaked. And his motorcycle helmet, a WWI pickelhaube, started emitting mysterious sparks.

Gone was Mjölnir's fear, this human had just drecked on some of Mjölnir's most prized possessions.

"C'MON, WE'RE GOING OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW! IF YOU REALLY WANT TO FIGHT ME, WE'LL DO IT AS MEN!"

Mjölnir reaches for the door, getting ready to settle things with Stroheim for good.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:46:38 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2016, 12:24:58 pm »

As Stroheim crushes the drink, alcoholic liquid splashes all over Mjölnir and his clothes. His beautiful white beard, with so much time invested in combing and braiding it, was drenched. His synth-leather jacket, a worn out piece that hearkened back to his days as a go-ganger, was soaked. And his motorcycle helmet, a WWI pickelhaube, started emitting mysterious sparks.

Gone was Mjölnir's fear, this human had just drecked on some of Mjölnir's most prized possessions.

"C'MON, WE'RE GOING OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW! IF YOU REALLY WANT TO FIGHT ME, WE'LL DO IT AS MEN!"

Mjölnir reaches for the door, getting ready to settle things with Stroheim for good.

"Only one of us is a man, the other is a halfer. Learn your place shorty!"

Stroheim stands, balling up both hands into fists and follows the Dwarf outside.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2016, 12:52:49 pm »

Bird grabs the Dwarf's arm.
"Hey hey hey... come on chummer, you can kill each other later. Right now though it can wait until the nice man finishes his pitch."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2016, 12:53:32 pm »

"You two leave, chances are very good that yer not coming back inside for one reason or another."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9