Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Shadowrun 5E IC Thread: Pipe Dreams  (Read 18294 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5E IC Thread: The Club
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2016, 02:23:52 pm »

Bird waves his hand.
"No no, it's fine. Guy's a fixer from what I can tell. Wants to meet up at..."
Bird pauses as he pulls up the message again.
"The Fenris Nacht. Guy seems to have some clout since we just need to tell the bouncer who we're meeting."

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2016, 02:31:11 pm »

Theme Music(NSFW cover art)
Thursday, August 19th, 2077.
6:47 PM
Seattle, UCAS

Bird
"No surprise there to be honest. That place is known being less of a club and more of a meeting point, and with good security to boot. The good news for you is that you don't have to worry about being set up, as they don't tolerate that kind of behavior. The bad news is you're not going to be able to scope it out. Whole place is underground, and you have no idea exactly who you're looking for either." With a half smile, she says "I'd go for it. Worst case scenario you waste a afternoon."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2016, 02:35:12 pm »

Bird nods.
"That's good then. I think I'm gonna finish my drink here then head back home and get into something more presentable. First impressions are everything you know."

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2016, 10:05:19 pm »

Theme Music(NSFW cover art)
6:48 PM
Seattle, UCAS

Bird
"Sounds fine to me. Good luck Omae."
With those parting words, you finish your drink and swing out of the booth, paying your tab on the way out. You exit onto the street, curling up your nose to the sudden smell of pollution. As you stride down towards the corner, you spot someone dragging what looks to be a large plastic bag through an next to the beer factory. Classic Phang. You step up your pace and reach the corner, waiting for the bus to roll by. Time to see what this is all about.

8:46 PM
Seattle, UCAS

Bird
The trip down takes a while and is tiring, but you manage to arrive about a block away with minimal inconvenience. As you stroll down the street, kicking a discarded soycaf container out of the way, you hear a bang, and then aggravated shouting. Rounding a corner, you spot a guard pointing what looks like a rifle at someone you can't see down a set of stairs that are built into the ground.

Everett
Grabbing the relevant items, you move towards the club entrance. You're about 10 feet away as a tall man starts heading down the stairs when a gunshot goes off from there. You dive sideways, reaching for your Special, taking a peak over the side as you see the guard pointing his rifle down the stairs, shouting down them. Well, maybe it won't be a good idea to approach just yet.

Nails
The stairs lead down and then take a right. As you pass downwards you take a moment to admire the decor, which has a interesting minimalist style. The first floor is a bar area, which is half empty and inhabited primarily by men in black, and the occasional more exotic person, people who look like either runners or members of the shadow community. You turn and start heading down towards the second floor, but are interrupted by what sounds like a close range gunshot, coming from behind. You turn towards the noise, and see that several of the members of the bar have leaped out of their seats, but nobody is holding a gun. They're all looking up the stairs that you came from, where you can see a impact crater on the wall.

Wrath, Stroheim, and Mjolner
The guard raises an eyebrow as Stroheim poses, and you can almost see the corner of his mouth twitch up. "I'd like to see you bring those guns to a gunfight with this" he says, as he shrugs his rifle into his hands. [2 hits] On closer inspection, you identify the gun as an FN HAR. He has the tip pointed downwards, but the idea is clear.
As you're posing, another guy walks up and stands near the dwarf. When you decide to make your thoughts clear, he whispers something down to him, but otherwise just stands there waiting his turn. Black haired, sorta tanned, human. Whatever. You start strutting down the stairs as the dwarf makes an empty threat like they usually do. He turns around and walks away. Good.

You're about halfway down the stairs when the gun in your left pocket goes off. [1 hit] Luckily for you, it's not pointing at you, but rather at the wall. The bang is very loud in the confined space and the bullet leaves an impact hole on the far wall. Reaching into your pocket to see what the hell happened, you see that it's sparking like crazy and the AR readout is completely glitched. That's when you hear the guard shouting.
"PUT THE FRAGGING GUN DOWN BEFORE I PUT ONE INTO YOU!"
You look up the stairs. The human is standing on the scanner pad, looking down at you in shock, while the guard has his rifle pointed straight at your chest, which you can see a laser playing on.
This just went from a normal evening to a not so normal one.

Spoiler: GM's note (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2016, 10:11:50 pm »

Bird sighs and heads up to the door to get a look at the comotion. As he does so he reaches for his holdout pistol.
"Ay, what's going on here then?"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2016, 10:17:59 pm »

Everett, defying logic, heads towards the commotion, keeping his Streetline out but lowered as he goes.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2016, 10:26:29 pm »

((Yay! I get the first gunshot!))

"Cool it chummer, if I wanted to shoot something in here I'd use a silencer like a civilized human being."

Completely ignoring the bead on his chest, like it was attached to a laser pointer instead of a rifle, he turns his gun's wireless off and puts it back into his pocket. He does the same to all his devices, giving special attention to his other gun, before turning around and walking back down the hallway. He raises one arm in reference to the guard.

"Bill me for the damages, I'm good for it."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2016, 10:35:49 pm »

Wrath raises his hands and takes a step backwards out of the line of fire.  He shouts at  Stroheim, Poser drop the pistol, no one needs to get wasted.  This guy is not joking and I don't want to see blood today.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2016, 11:48:25 pm »

Nails briefly considers observing whatever's going on before deciding to stay on course.
"That sounds very much like someone else's problem."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2016, 03:06:04 pm »

Having finished hiding the contraband he didn't want to bring inside the club, Mjölnir returns to the front entrance and sees the commotion going on outside. He grins a little before waiting in line like a normal person, not caring at all about the conflict.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 04:46:57 pm »

8:49 PM
Seattle, UCAS

Stirk
[Trick Shot, 8 hits, versus 1 hit] As you pull your second pistol out of your pocket, the trigger gets blown off by a bullet that's almost too fast to see that then embeds itself two steps down. You're not going to be shooting that one soon. [Intimidation, 10 vrs. 2 hits] "I think I've made myself clear. You will immediately surrender both weapons to me, and you might get them back when you leave. Might. The alternative I think you can imagine." You get the feeling that he means it. "And don't worry, we'll send out an invoice for you. For two shots, both caused by your idiocy" Time to dial down the cockiness perhaps.

Bird
"Ay, what's going o-" you start, as you get cut off by the guard shooting down the stairs. Taking a look, the person who was down there is very surprised by the fact that one of his pistols no longer has a trigger, while the other one has started gently smoking. Unperturbed, you start queuing with a few other people as the guard puts the idiot in his place. Keeping one hand on the holdout, obviously.

Everett
Stepping on it to see the commotion, you join a small crowd of people who get to witness someone forced to calm down by supersonic lead. Certainly nothing new for- Wait... You though you had something for a moment, but then you lost it. Feeling a little disoriented, you join the crowd, keeping your holdout slightly hidden but still "Available" in case of a situation.

Wrath
"Poser drop the pistol, no one needs to-" You're cut off by the guard removing his means of firing. After making his demands clear, the guard turns to you and waves you down the stairs. "You're good. Just watch out for the poser."

Mjölnir
Amazingly, the poser seems to still have a little attitude in him. However, you show up just in time to see it removed, along with the firing capabilities of his second gun. Smug is the order of the day you think, as you start waiting for your turn to get scanned and move in.

Nails
Moving down to the second floor, you come to a long empty hallway with doors on either side, all of them clearly armored. Walking down, you approach the 3rd door, which swings open to your touch. The inside is basically a small lounge area, which is currently deserted. Several couches surround a long coffee table, which has a Trid projector in the center. Checking the time, it looks like you still have about 10 minuets, so it's time to hold for a little.

Spoiler: GM's Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:06:59 pm by werty892 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5E IC Thread: Hole in one.
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 04:59:38 pm »

Everett, seeing the situation largely defused, gets into line, unloading his pistol and holding it by the barrel as he waits.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2016, 05:44:01 pm »

After waiting in line and getting scanned, Mjölnir walks by the idiot and gives him a more proper farewell.

"Perfect 'human' muscles indeed. Shame that only muscles that matter nowadays are the muscles of your guns, and yours are... pathetic."

Mjölnir continues onward and even waves as he says goodbye. Thank God this will be the last time he ever sees him or else these decisions might actually bite him in the hoop!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:37:46 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 06:19:45 pm »

Stroheim's grip tightens on his gun, now triggerless. His muscles bulge-twitching more like-as he grinds his teeth, his face turning into a snarl.

"I...liked...that...gun" He states, quietly, to himself more then anything. He squats down, tenderly placing both on the step he is on, before taking a step back and pointing at the bouncer.

"Y-your lucky I have a job coming up. If I-If I wasted time with drek like you right now, I would be late. And...And that would be unprofessional....Be-besides, you are human like me, so I can let you have this one."

Stroheim puts his hands in his now empty pockets, and saunters down the stairs, much less confidently then before. At least until....

After waiting in line and getting scanned, Mjölnir walks by the idiot and gives him a more proper farewell.

"Perfect 'human' muscles indeed. Shame that only muscles that matter nowadays are the muscles of your guns, and yours are... pathetic."

Mjölnir continues onward and even waves as he says goodbye. It's good that this will be the last time he ever sees him or else these decisions might actually bite him in the hoop!

Upon being insulted by a dwarf of all things, he pulls both fists out of his pockets, his features further intensifying. He briefly looks like he is going to attack, but instead runs down the stairs, slamming his left fist into the wall as soon he is out of sight.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 06:34:40 pm »

Nails takes the right arm of the closest couch, and makes himself comfortable.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9