Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marauder-Kings  (Read 938 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Marauder-Kings
« on: June 27, 2016, 12:35:11 am »

Hundreds of years before your lifetime, humanity lived in great steel cities, rising miles into the clouds. Billions of people lived in this human-hives, with great machinery producing goods you could never dream of. A virus ripped through this over-populated civilization with ease, killing nine in ten. It was never discovered why the last ten percent survived, but the aftermath wiped out many of the survivors too.

Of course, that doesn't concern you. No, you live in a much different time, an era of fire and sword. Born in a small feudal kingdom, your parents were killed when you were 13 by a band of marauders. The leader took pity on you, and took you under his wing. Five years later, you killed him in a duel, and assumed command of his band.

The following decade of your life was spent accumulating power, and notoriety. Duel after duel, battle after battle, men flocked to your banner. Now, at the age of 28, with dozens of battle-marks tattoed on your arm, the time has come for the next step. Your next target is the small kingdom of Winterhill, nestled in a river valley. Containing a handful of farming villages, and a couple thousand residents in all, it should contain valuable loot, and plenty of recruits ready for conscription.

Your 500 men overran the small wooden fort holding the pass without much of a fight, but, unfortunately, a messenger managed to escape into the woods. You must march on the nearest village, of about 700 souls, before the "King" can react.

Under your command are ten banners, or groups of two separate warbands. Nine of them, commanded by loyal warbosses, are standard, rank and file marauder infantry. Forty of them carry choppers, steel, cleaver-like blades designed to cleave through flesh and bone, along with wooden shields, while the other ten have bows. The real cream of the crop is your personal bodyguards.

Fifty men, hand-picked from the most experienced warriors in your entire army. Dressed in leather armor and steel helmets, they carry true swords, two-handed steel monsters that can cut through anything.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Marauder-Kings
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 12:39:12 am »

To the village then, no delay.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 12:44:45 am »

Agreed. On the way, Let's start up an Inspirational Chant to fire up our men before the battle.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 09:06:43 am »

Agreed. On the way, Let's start up an Inspirational Chant to fire up our men before the battle.
+1

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 12:43:43 pm »

+1
1+

Loot and Plunder will be mine,
then I can go eat a pie.
I hope it won't be chew,
because then I will have to make a kazoo.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 11:46:07 am »

We should spend time to get around to the back of the village.  Order the men to let most peasants flee, in the direction of where the king's army would go.  Hopefully dealing with refugees will sap their supplies and delay them, also people are less likely to fight back if you give them an avenue of escape.  Secrecy is already lost so we do not really loose much.

If successful we can quickly loot the village then move to the next one a fair distance away, the king's army will head to the first, already looted village giving us some extra time.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 12:41:42 pm »

We should spend time to get around to the back of the village.  Order the men to let most peasants flee, in the direction of where the king's army would go.  Hopefully dealing with refugees will sap their supplies and delay them, also people are less likely to fight back if you give them an avenue of escape.  Secrecy is already lost so we do not really loose much.

If successful we can quickly loot the village then move to the next one a fair distance away, the king's army will head to the first, already looted village giving us some extra time.

+1

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 04:08:50 pm »

+1
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.