Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [IC] - Morning in Cinder  (Read 15398 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [IC] - Dimming embers
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2016, 10:03:11 am »

Helena heads to the canteen, but turns around before entering, disappointed. She turns to eat at the officers messhall instead.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2016, 10:08:43 am »

Alistair slowly unclips the staff from his back. It's currently wrapped up with cloth, in order to hide it- lest the media-savvy recognise it from all the TV coverage of his sister- but it still works just as well when unwrapped.

He slowly points it at the woman.
"I'll....do my best."
The young man closes his eyes, focusing on summoning up his magic, focusing the mana through his hands and into the staff. As he does so, he feels another, colder influence on the flow of magic, in addition to the warm, guiding hand that he knew to be the spirit of Anima, the ancient summoner who had once occupied his sister.

Carbuncle, the Specter he'd managed to convince to help him. Alistair can almost see it, floating in front of him, focused in sync with the wizard.
>Allow me to assist you, master.<

The woman is covered with a translucent, ruby-like shell as Alistair and Carbuncle attempt to heal her with his magic.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2016, 01:00:44 pm »

Amelie walks by the medbay, and sees what's going on, but doesn't enter yet. Don't want to break his concentration.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2016, 01:49:52 pm »

The woman groaned in the temporary pain that came, squirming and holding onto the man tightly. As his magic worked, however, the pulsing markings began to dim until they completely disappeared. She huffed in exasperation, before a smile appeared on her tired, pale face. The man stared at her with open eyes and then turned to Alistair. The magic left Alistair a little tired.
"Y-you healed her.. amazing."

Helena heads to the canteen, but turns around before entering, disappointed. She turns to eat at the officers messhall instead.
The officers' messhall had few people eating in it, since it was so late, but she could make out a few faces, some she may even know. They were all sitting at a round wooden table; the first one was an old man with a large, gray beard with cropped hair; he had hollow, deep set blue eyes and wore white robes, a large wooden staff leaned against the chair back again him; this old man was Wilhelm, and he was known as the camp's strongest scryer. The person next to him was a woman of young age, with short brown hair and dark eyes appearing tired. She had a French naval uniform on and a captain's cap, though Helena did not know her name. The final one was a very well known name throughout the entire camp, as it was very difficult to not know him. His name was Yorick, though there was one glaringly different feature about him.
Yorick was a skeleton. He was dressed in dark robes, old skull clacking its jaws in boredom as he watched the two others talk, his skeletal hand tapping against the table.
"My wards haven't really seen much Void activity, cap'n," Wilhelm said with a nod.
 "Good, our forces are doing a good job keeping them at bay, then," the woman replied.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2016, 01:58:55 pm »

Alistair props himself up on his staff. His magic reserves were high, that much was true, but then again, he wasn't used to using magic yet. He was pretty new to the whole 'magical boy' business, having only gotten the ability to use it recently.

Carbuncle fades from his mind for the moment.

The young man smiles.
"Happy to help, sir."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2016, 02:00:52 pm »

Helena grabbed a few bananas for herself and maybe Elena, and left the rest of her food, she just so happened to lose her appetite. In a war mankind vs freaks, one must not become the freaks.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2016, 02:06:11 pm »

Alistair props himself up on his staff. His magic reserves were high, that much was true, but then again, he wasn't used to using magic yet. He was pretty new to the whole 'magical boy' business, having only gotten the ability to use it recently.

Carbuncle fades from his mind for the moment.

The young man smiles.
"Happy to help, sir."
The man nodded, gazing up at Alistair, "T-there are dozens others in there like us, but they only have two medics... please help them, young man."

Helena grabbed a few bananas for herself and maybe Elena, and left the rest of her food, she just so happened to lose her appetite. In a war mankind vs freaks, one must not become the freaks.
The old man and the young woman continued to talk; meanwhile, Yorick glanced over to Helena. He spoke up, his voice high and enunciated, "Hey, you there. Human."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2016, 02:08:53 pm »

Helena focuses on the future, and what might happen if she just so happened to spit on the floor and walk away.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2016, 02:12:29 pm »

Helena focuses on the future, and what might happen if she just so happened to spit on the floor and walk away.
The images are faint, though she can make out an image of the skeleton simply staring at her as she left, before getting up out of his chair.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2016, 02:13:32 pm »

She does just that then. Fuck this...thing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2016, 02:13:41 pm »

"I'll do my best. You two stay safe, okay?"
Alistair nods at them before heading off to the medbay. He needed to rest a little before he cast some more magic, though.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2016, 02:17:14 pm »

Amelie walks up to him as he does this. "Healing magic, huh? That's awesome!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2016, 02:20:18 pm »

"Huh? Oh, it's just....a thing, I suppose. Thanks, anyway."
Alistair nods at the newcomer.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2016, 02:23:11 pm »

"I just have a shield and armor...

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself! Amelie Hart, nice to meet you!"
Amelie says cheerfully.
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2016, 02:27:11 pm »

Alistair smiles at her, extending his hand.
"Alistair R....Hansen," he says, nearly forgetting himself. "Pleasure to meet you. And hey, a shield and armor sounds pretty cool."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20