Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 50

Author Topic: Spearbreakers II "The Return of The Mug" - Braveworks [43.05]  (Read 88481 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Spearbreakers II "The Return of The Mug" - Braveworks
« Reply #345 on: July 13, 2016, 05:03:22 am »

Friend of mine glued a whole bunch of small cooling fans together and replaced the bottom of his laptop with the resulting fan-board thing. Worked well, made heaps of noise, and looked hilarious.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2016, 06:31:13 am »

Friend of mine glued a whole bunch of small cooling fans together and replaced the bottom of his laptop with the resulting fan-board thing. Worked well, made heaps of noise, and looked hilarious.

I guess they make special stands for that? Many laptops have their coolers down below, they are really prone to overheating, since you often prevent the fans from sucking the air in. Just avoid setting it on your lap or something.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:34:21 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 13, 2016, 07:16:49 am »

laptops

Just avoid setting it on your lap

It menaces with spikes of irony.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #348 on: July 13, 2016, 07:31:14 am »

It menaces with spikes of irony.

I remember the days when laptops used to be 14 pounds, have acid lead batteries, and ran DOS. And I played PC-ROGUE on it ...

I vaguely wonder if Ballpoint's computers are "portable".
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2016, 01:49:12 pm »

Some are, like the PEA, which if I recall right also double as both intra- and extra-dimensional cell phones.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2016, 03:04:27 pm »

Some are, like the PEA, which if I recall right also double as both intra- and extra-dimensional cell phones.

I'm picturing a situation like Peridot in Steven Universe where the stranded agents continually tried to phone home but nobody ever bothered picking up.

And then out of hysterical desperation they decide that if they just Prove Themselves(tm) in some way then upper management will finally take pity on them and deliver them from their iron-age hellhole, thus sparking what amounts to a technocratic religion centering around the supposed whims of Upper Management(tm)

E: Right. To the point... Halfway through Autumn right now, gonna start working on an update now since things are moving too slow for doing an entire season at once to be feasible.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 13, 2016, 03:45:13 pm »

So guys, I made a thread here regarding what my next DF-related project will be. I had almost forgotten I said I'd make a human story fort ala Riverrun, but I'm at a loss for what to do.

I genned a 717 year old world, and two human nations have been obliterated utterly, while one of the most populous and belligerent, has been ruled by necromancers for the past 400 years, the present one having been in charge since the mid 680s.

There civ revival of course, but then there's also fleeing the necromancer upper echelons of society (the entire ruling class is composed of evil wizards basically.) Or even something entirely different, if you guys have any good ideas.

I'm prodding you guys mainly because I need something to tied me and over and keep me focused until my next turn here crops up.

@ Mr Frog:  No worries man, Swordbro has been delightfully entertaining, and for the most part architecturally pleasing to my symmetry-addled mind.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 13, 2016, 04:22:25 pm »

Dwarven theme park. Put a bunch of zombies in pens with minecart rollercoasters and shit. Call it "Deadland the Land of Death".

E:
for the most part architecturally pleasing to my symmetry-addled mind.
That's just when I'm adding onto something you already built. Rest assured that everything below the weight room is a fucking mess.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 13, 2016, 09:04:49 pm »

It's a pity you can't use a mug as a heatsink.
If that were true Spearbreakers would have become a glacier made from frozen barbarian blood or at least blood red tundra because their were so many... Now I want a mug based freeze ray.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 13, 2016, 11:16:33 pm »

Now I want a mug based freeze ray.

Make enough mugs and EVERYTHING will freeze up. Pretty sure that counts.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2016, 03:58:06 am »

Depends on who is running the turn.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2016, 05:48:38 am »

"Hey NASA can we borrow a computer"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2016, 05:55:35 am »

It would be better to ask the NSA, NASA needs theirs and probably hasent been able to get good ones for a few years. Darn budget cuts.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 14, 2016, 01:30:00 pm »

Heh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2016, 03:52:50 pm »

Having recently got a look inside an active NASA facility, they did not indeed have especially new or strong-looking computers. The control rooms and such probably do, but those aren't very portable.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 50