Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50

Author Topic: Spearbreakers II "The Return of The Mug" - Braveworks [43.05]  (Read 88323 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers II "The Return of The Mug" - Braveworks
« Reply #210 on: July 04, 2016, 03:36:13 pm »

Eh, as usual, looks rather wonky. I tried at least. Should've probably added colours.

Spoiler: This thread (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:39:15 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2016, 03:55:52 pm »

Eh, as usual, looks rather wonky. I tried at least. Should've probably added colours.

magnificent
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2016, 04:57:47 pm »

I can't help but think that after Spearbreakers fell, an {africian|europian} falcon went and picked up a mug from the remains. After years of exposure, the madness of the mug distorted the simple creature into the abomination it is today.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2016, 05:05:09 pm »

Started my playthrough. Attempting to find ore. Not finding ore. Level of distress rising.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2016, 05:15:10 pm »

There actually isint a European falcon. A Eurasian falcon, yes, but no European.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »

I suppose we do need a quote bank, don't we?

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 04, 2016, 07:07:03 pm »

My apologies for not bringing this up sooner, I still have yet to be added to the impending dorf list.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2016, 10:40:54 pm »

All I can imagine is that one shot from the beginning of Madagascar, except covered in blood and instead of a zebra its seven screaming dwarves

I cannot fuckering believe that my estimate had the bar set too low

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2016, 11:14:31 pm »

About halfway through Spring at the moment -- I was taking lots of notes right at the start of my turn, so the rest should go a lot quicker. Also, I found ore! Ore which can be made into weapons! And magma! Which can also be made into weapons!

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 05, 2016, 12:05:17 am »

Cool, so the military will have lava-hammers? But in all seriousness, good to see we won't have to do any metal importing except for any rarer metals.
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 05, 2016, 01:12:04 am »

Okay, so, I've had a good night's sleep for the first time in days and will be starting my playthrough shortly.

Additionally, Splint has given me permission to go into the raws and figure out what the fuck happened with the birds. As far as I can tell, this is what the fuck happened with the birds (problem area highlighted for convenience):

Spoiler: hugesuccess.txt (click to show/hide)

As far as I can tell, this is the only area affected. So far as I can tell, the square brackets around CREATURE:BIRD_FALCON_PEREGRINE were removed, in an attempt to remove peregrines from the game. Which, in a sense, worked, since a new creature entry wasn't declared. However, since the peregrine's tags weren't removed, this caused them to simply be appended onto the end* of the previous creature definition -- BIRD_PENGUIN_GIANT, in this case.

So, I'm sure all/most/some/none of you are wondering: "But Mr Frog-sama, what the sweet holy fuckballs does this mean?"

To which I answer: I have no fucking clue. I don't have a firm enough grasp of how castes, among other things, work to say exactly what the implications of this are or what properties our horrible frankenbird may have. All I can say is that this thing has four castes, fractal bodies for both falcon castes, and is probably tameable.

(In a twist of fate, since the peregrine's names and sizes are declared on a caste-specific level, both the giant penguin- and peregrine-derived castes retain their native names and body sizes.)

Oh, and in case you thought I was exaggerating about the fractal bodies:

So that's two upper bodies and three lower bodies.  Yeah. It gets even worse as you go down:

For those keeping count, that is four fucking heads on this thing, with six wings if you count the penguin's flippers. We have accidentally modded cherubim. Hallelujah!

E: Wrong word

E2: Gonna hold off on playing till at least this evening, actually. Something came up.
What happened is pretty simple actually.

If you take a look at the Peregrine raws, you will notice a CASTE_NAME isn't stated.
In the Giant Penguin raws, a CASTE_NAME is stated.

Now there are two priorities to know :
1) CASTE_NAME takes priority over NAME when naming a creature.
2) Last tag takes priority over previously similar tags if there is possible conflict. (for example if you first state a creature blood is red, then state it is blue, it will be blue in the end)
> If there is no conflict, the tag is added to the tag pool.

Here is what happened :
1) [CASTE_NAME:giant penguin:giant penguins:giant penguin] took precedence in naming.
2) The repetition of [BODY] tags generated multiple instances of the same organ. DF looked at Giant Penguin Body raws, stuck everything together, then looked at Peregrine Body Raws and stuck everything on the previous body.
What made this a further mess is the fact that a limb is defined to be stuck to an Upper or Lower body. Usually on a creature you should only find one UPPER_BODY. Here, we had two upper and lower body declarations. I won't go into detail, but you imagine the mess.

So remember kids, bracket removal is bad. Always replace your brackets with parentheses !

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 05, 2016, 01:14:54 am »

And knowing is half the battle. What's the other half?

KILLING THOSE SHIT EATING MOTHERFUCKING COMMIE SONS A BITCHES

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2016, 02:37:02 am »

I might try and draw this monstrous birdy you guys have made.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2016, 04:16:19 am »

By the way, how do beheadings and body bisections work on it? Do you have to cut all of its heads or lower bodies to end this... Falguin chimera thing?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:24:11 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2016, 04:44:02 am »

Someone needs to apply !!SCIENCE!! to this.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50