Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simultaneous noble promotion?  (Read 849 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Simultaneous noble promotion?
« on: June 26, 2016, 11:43:40 am »

Maybe I've just been lucky enough to miss this so far, but I just got promoted from Baron to Duke, and the other Baron in my fort (of some piddly little hillfort out in East Moses somewhere) got promoted to Duke as well!  Do all nobles of the same rank in the fort keep up, or what?  I don't think it used to work like that...
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simultaneous noble promotion?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 02:27:57 pm »

Further plot twist: I think rulership got screwed up in this latest update.

MrWeapon was Baron of Paperslides.  Melee/Lasher was later named Baron of some other fortress with the usual message ("After discussion", etc.)

The liaison brought news of promotion to Duke, as a result of a big donation.  Both nobles were upgraded simultaneously to Duke...

... and now Melee/Lasher shows as the Duke of Paperslides, and MrWeapon is just listed as "Duchess", with no associated fort.

Going to open a Mantis bug.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 02:39:55 pm »

Sorry, but this sounds rather odd:
I've only heard of or see the "After discussion..." message when it comes to getting saddled with a monarch.
I would assume MrWeapon is actually a female, as duchess is the female version of the title. Has she perhaps married your duke?

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 03:18:23 pm »

Sorry, but this sounds rather odd:
I've only heard of or see the "After discussion..." message when it comes to getting saddled with a monarch.
I would assume MrWeapon is actually a female, as duchess is the female version of the title. Has she perhaps married your duke?

A duke's wife is called a 'duchess consort', not a duchess.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 04:29:48 pm »

Funny, I was sure this was already on the tracker. Guess not.
One of those cases where a bug is discussed, established as a bug then ends up never being  fixed because someone forgot to post it.

Oh well, it's there now, good job!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 04:50:05 pm »

Sorry to be the one to point it out, but it actually was already posted on the tracker... 6 times. :P
Bug #8426 with 5 duplicates
That said, it's probably always better to post the report anyway if you can't find it. Better to have duplicates than have bugs fail to get reported at all.