Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))  (Read 6942 times)

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Creations OOC Thread [0/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 08:46:30 pm »

Spoiler: Maybe? (click to show/hide)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 09:48:35 pm »

OK, I was going to start the IC Thread now, but only 5 Submissions have been made. I'll do it tomorrow sometime.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 10:14:39 pm »

Name: Avignon
Appearance: A middle-aged man (or woman) bearing a bushy beard (or none at all). Avignon is nearly always dressed in a drab apron, well-worn boots and gloves with all other aspects varying.
Personality: Avignon sees the mortals as his magnum opus, his clay that will be one day shaped into a great creation worthy of the divines. That said, he has no problem with eliminating a few defective individuals here and there. After all, why would you use poor copper to make bronze? As for the gods, Avignon sees them as equals. Perhaps friend, perhaps foe. He will cooperate when he finds similarities and fight when there are differences. However, he truly hates those who would destroy Creation without good reason or those who would allow the world to enter stagancy.
Eventual Goal: Usher in civilisation and ensure the end-product is worthy of the divine.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 03:37:20 am »

Name: Dreamer of Truth
Appearance: A transparent lotus flower.
Personality: The world is an illusion, a dream. Everyone is but a dreamer in the illusion, attempting to reach happiness and transcendent truth. It is the wish of the Dreamer of Truth to guide mortals to enlightenment, and through them achieve it himself. As long as the other gods do not impede this quest, he is happy to help them, perhaps hoping that they will hope him in turn. Beyond that, he has little interest in matters not directly related to his great ambition
Eventual Goal: To rise beyond the false world and achieve true ascension. To become nothing, to become everything. To awaken from the dream, to dream forever. To guide others upon the true path until the dreamworld becomes the real.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:20:11 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 09:17:56 am »

Alright. Here are the Starting Six Divines, the other Sheets will be put on the Waitlist.

Spoiler:  Envaruk, (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Nix, (NRDL) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Avignon, (micelus) (click to show/hide)

I'll have an IC Thread soon.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:29:11 am by Ardent Debater »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 09:37:09 am »

The IC Thread is up! If You're unsure how many Actions it takes to do something, Price-check in this Thread.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 08:00:27 pm »

Note, if You want to put something on another Sphere, You'll need to spend One Mighty Act to make it habitable. Creating Oceans, an Atmosphere, and the Ecosystem are all very taxing, after all. If You choose to spend One, (or more) Mighty Acts on a Sphere, You can also choose the size and number of the Continents, to a reasonable degree.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 10:47:00 pm »

I suggest linking the IC and the OOC by a link in each OP. Apart from this, the game seems to be starting finely !

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 11:08:34 pm »

Crazyabe, I have a few questions for you.

I find the Caste System very interesting, but your Racial description is somewhat vague apart from that. How exactly do they Reproduce? Does the Queen forge new ones? Are they grown? How long is their Typical Lifespan? Are there multiple Queens, or only one? If there are more than one, how are new ones born? How much free will does a normal Lower Caste Individual posses? Is it possible to move upward through the Castes? Apart from an unflinching loyalty to their superiors, what are their Cultural norms?

Keep in mind, the main purpose of this Thread is to World-Build, and to World-Build well, large amounts of details are essential. I'm sorry to ask you so many questions crazyabe. Also, The Chaos Engine is a Mighty Artifact, and would require a Mighty Act to create. I know it only produces enough Electricity to kill an Elder Dragon, but it does so reliably, and with no consequences, every day. That's more than enough to power most large cities without issue. On top of being able to amplify a Mortal's connection with the Divines. I believe that it qualifies, hands down, as a Mighty Artifact.

Everyone, if You create a stationary item, please specify it's initial location. Also, if You create a Race, I'd appreciate it if You stated what Region it is initially created in, and what sort of Morals or Culture they abide by, as it helps with Bookkeeping.

I suggest linking the IC and the OOC by a link in each OP. Apart from this, the game seems to be starting finely !

Thank You, Nakeen. I don't know how to provide a link to each Thread, but if you told me how to, I'd definitely do it.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 11:22:40 pm »

Oh ! Simply types :
Code: [Select]
[url=URL Link here]Your Text Here[/url]

Which will give :
Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158961.msg7062903#msg7062903]IC[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159063.msg7066698#msg7066698]OOC[/url]

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2016, 11:58:17 pm »

I find the Caste System very interesting, but your Racial description is somewhat vague apart from that. How exactly do they Reproduce? Does the Queen forge new ones? Are they grown? How long is their Typical Lifespan? Are there multiple Queens, or only one? If there are more than one, how are new ones born? How much free will does a normal Lower Caste Individual posses? Is it possible to move upward through the Castes? Apart from an unflinching loyalty to their superiors, what are their Cultural norms?

Keep in mind, the main purpose of this Thread is to World-Build, and to World-Build well, large amounts of details are essential. I'm sorry to ask you so many questions crazyabe. Also, The Chaos Engine is a Mighty Artifact, and would require a Mighty Act to create. I know it only produces enough Electricity to kill an Elder Dragon, but it does so reliably, and with no consequences, every day. That's more than enough to power most large cities without issue. On top of being able to amplify a Mortal's connection with the Divines. I believe that it qualifies, hands down, as a Mighty Artifact.

Everyone, if You create a stationary item, please specify it's initial location. Also, if You create a Race, I'd appreciate it if You stated what Region it is initially created in, and what sort of Morals or Culture they abide by, as it helps with Bookkeeping.

Thank You, Nakeen. I don't know how to provide a link to each Thread, but if you told me how to, I'd definitely do it.

Oh, sure thing. Info dump incoming.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 08:07:29 am »

Oh, sure thing. Info dump incoming.

I'm looking forward to it.

Demonic Spoon, what are the cuttlefish people called, if anything? And, apart from their eternal dreams,  Thematically,  what makes them different from standard water-breathing Humans? How is their society structured, if they even have one? What is their worldview? I'm sorry to ask you so much, I just need to know for bookkeeping.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:09:15 am by Ardent Debater »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 11:27:14 am »

I find the Caste System very interesting, but your Racial description is somewhat vague apart from that. How exactly do they Reproduce? They can all Reproduce through their decendents will always be at least somewhat lower in station.
How long is their Typical Lifespan? Depends on their caste, slaves have a max age between 100 and 200, drones go up to 200 - 300, warriors are a special case that can hibernate at low power for thousands of years but only activly live for around a hundred. Overseers live between 1000 and 3000 years, Commanders can live up to 5000, lords live around the same amount, the council of elders are simply the oldest Lords, the others can be seen as immortal do to scribes being living memory storage devices that are connected to each other, the holder of war being a set of scribes keeping track of all combat information, and the queen as well as the keeper of secrets living nearly immortally.
Are there multiple Queens, or only one? there is only one queen at any moment but if the queen was to die One of the drones would mutate into a new queen.
How much free will does a normal Lower Caste Individual posses? Slaves don't have any, warriors gain a decent amount of it in combat but have none otherwise, Drones don't need to be baby sat daily like the others normally do since they are the craftsmen and such.
Is it possible to move upward through the Castes? Sort of, a lord can create more stations below him and move people around in them, and his superiors can do the same with him, but they can't just go up normally tho there is a situation where a drone can quickly rise.
Apart from an unflinching loyalty to their superiors, what are their Cultural norms? A good work ethnic and a decent apprecation of the queen first a formost, followed by peace and a love of art.
I answered your questions in green, do you have any others?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 12:34:04 pm »

I find the Caste System very interesting, but your Racial description is somewhat vague apart from that. How exactly do they Reproduce? They can all Reproduce through their decendents will always be at least somewhat lower in station.
How long is their Typical Lifespan? Depends on their caste, slaves have a max age between 100 and 200, drones go up to 200 - 300, warriors are a special case that can hibernate at low power for thousands of years but only activly live for around a hundred. Overseers live between 1000 and 3000 years, Commanders can live up to 5000, lords live around the same amount, the council of elders are simply the oldest Lords, the others can be seen as immortal do to scribes being living memory storage devices that are connected to each other, the holder of war being a set of scribes keeping track of all combat information, and the queen as well as the keeper of secrets living nearly immortally.
Are there multiple Queens, or only one? there is only one queen at any moment but if the queen was to die One of the drones would mutate into a new queen.
How much free will does a normal Lower Caste Individual posses? Slaves don't have any, warriors gain a decent amount of it in combat but have none otherwise, Drones don't need to be baby sat daily like the others normally do since they are the craftsmen and such.
Is it possible to move upward through the Castes? Sort of, a lord can create more stations below him and move people around in them, and his superiors can do the same with him, but they can't just go up normally tho there is a situation where a drone can quickly rise.
Apart from an unflinching loyalty to their superiors, what are their Cultural norms? A good work ethnic and a decent apprecation of the queen first a formost, followed by peace and a love of art.
I answered your questions in green, do you have any others?

Thank you, I have one more question. How often do they Reproduce? Considering their longevity, it would probably take more time than the average for a non-magical Species. As soon as Demonic Spoon posts, I'll update the IC Thread.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:37:05 pm by Ardent Debater »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 12:42:22 pm »

Thank you, I have one more question. How often do they Reproduce? Considering their longevity, it would probably take more time than the average for a non-magical Species.
Anywhere Between Twelve to Twenty four months after they have eaten Enough Metal to Form the Body of their Young. in other words It takes between one and two YEARS for them to Reproduce if they have enough Matter for it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:21:25 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6