Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Dwarf Fortress PnP Role-playing Compendium  (Read 928 times)

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Dwarf Fortress PnP Role-playing Compendium
« on: June 23, 2016, 08:30:23 pm »

Hello dorfs

I'm planning on running a pen and paper RPG in a world generated by dorf fort. For this I will need lists of things. Many, many lists. Animals, food, weapons, rock, etc. I will also need ideas for adventures and fort building mechanics.

I'd like this thread to be a compendium of all these lists and ideas.

My idea so far is an Agricola like simplification of fort mode, in which turns are seasonal. Each season labor is allocated to tasks such as construction, mining, woodcutting etc. This produces materials or resources. The PCs are the fort nobles, and each season may leave the fort to initiate diplomacy, slay a night creature or or any other generic adventuring task.

If you are interested in contributing ideas or your own DF RP experiences then please don't hesistate.

Cheers

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarf Fortress PnP Role-playing Compendium
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 05:45:24 am »

Poisons

I thought I'd try and compile some of the poisons and venoms in the game that could be used on weapons. I've taken the ones that I think are the coolest and given them D&D 3.5 rules.

king cobra venom - Complete paralysis, pain, dizziness, drowsiness - 1gp per dose - Victim must pass DC10 con check or lose consciousness for 5 minute

giant desert scorpion venom - Necrosis of the brain and nervous system, Certain death - 20gp per dose (rare) - Victim must pass DC15 con check or enter an inescapable coma and die two hours later. If passed they take 2d6 damage minus their constitution modifier.

serpent man venom - complete paralysis - 5gp per dose - Victim must pass DC15 con check or fall into a coma for five hours. If passed they lose d6 agility, strength and intelligence for 1 day.