Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The best _4 player_ LOCAL coop _PC_games?  (Read 5781 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: The best 4 player local coop PC games?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 06:12:48 pm »

+1 for Helldivers.

1 is doable. 2 is optimal. 3 is a party. 4 is a clusterfuck.

Having a 4 man team in helldivers is an active risk. Sure you can all work together like a well oiled machine of DEMOCRACY, then pressure ramps up and mistakes will be made. Before you know it, everyone is killing everyone as mechs and tanks keeps landing on someone driving mechs and tanks. Respawns keep landing on someone else. And someone gets the bright idea to use respawns to kill enemy tanks, which then misses and your newly respawned friend gets run over by tanks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 06:18:41 pm »

Sounds a bit like Magicka TBH.

edit

Alright, Helldivers looks like it's exactly what we need.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:22:18 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 06:28:38 pm »

That's because Helldiver is SPACE Magicka.

I also suggest to go for the complete pack with all the DLC. So you can start all the fun variety stuff from the start instead of grinding for stuff.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:30:37 pm by majikero »

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 06:34:37 pm »

e: DISREGARD. Missed the part about LOCAL

Vanilla D2:LOD. Super old, super good. Has nice progression and isn't too easy. Works great (ie best, looks rough scaled up) on smaller screens. Ghost Recon is another oldie that will run on the crappiest recent laptops and is always a hit with new players.

I'm seriously hoping Bannerlord has some sort of coop goodness but I haven't heard coop mentioned at all, just vs.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:36:40 pm by freeze »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 07:25:50 pm »

Samurai Gunn is like, the coolest shit ever. Four players, guns, and swords. . . blood and other things too I guess.

You can play against one another or against some BS ai robo-samurai dudes.

Stylish and lots of little discoveries about mechanics to be found.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 07:52:51 pm »

... if you were after something gauntlet-esk, definitely check hammerwatch again. It's quite gauntlety. It can definitely be played 4 player, though I can't recall how you go about doing it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 10:04:41 pm »

New Super Mario Bros.
Wii or Wii u versions available.

The Wii version is a clusterfuck and the Wii u version slightly less so. but hey you can throw your friends in pits, or ride a bonecoaster.

Plenty of levels! Plenty of variety.

Finding a cheap Wii or using a friends should be easy. Just don't forget the sensor bar.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 10:14:50 pm »

PC games, please.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 10:46:52 pm »

PC games, please.

M.U.L.E. on NES. Totally co-op (honestly), and you won't be trying to fuck over your friends at every chance you get at all. You have to cooperate, or you'll lose. You just have to win as well. So yeah. Fuck them :)

A bit annoying to set up multiple controllers on an emulator through PC, but well worth the effort. Don't mind the graphics, hunt the wumpus instead. You can do it on 1 keyboard if necessary.

Considering everything, emulation on a PC is totally an available option.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:54:56 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 03:06:46 am »

Sorry, I don't know why but for some reason that link only has one page of games. This link should work better

However it does list games like Rocket League as co-op which is... not... quite true.
How isn't it true? You can totally play 4-player local in rocket league. Screen does get pretty small, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 07:34:33 am »

I highly recommend Halo for your couch coop. I'm not as familiar with the PC version as I am with the xbox, but it might be what you're looking for. You might need to get Halo 3 if you want all four people to play though.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 09:38:26 am »

How isn't it true? You can totally play 4-player local in rocket league. Screen does get pretty small, though.

Even though you can play on the same team as your friends it's still a competitive game. If we're going to count Rocket League as a co-op game then we might as well start considering team based shooters as co-op games. Hell, even if you're playing on the same team you can get angry at each other. I suppose if you're only playing against AI then maybe it'd be coop...?

I don't consider games like League of Legends to be co-op games.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 10:34:28 am »

Yeah, truly being coop is very important. It's hard to overstate how much competition screws with the mojo. I wasn't there for it, but there are tales of epic betrayal spoken about LOZ:Four Swords to this day....something about Dark Link standing over a pile of gold.

I don't consider games like League of Legends to be co-op games.

Mmmmm, it treads the line for me. I don't really consider MP where you can build a lobby for your friends to be coop either. But as long as you're united in trolling the other team, you do get some of the same friendship payoffs.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:37:50 am by nenjin »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: The best _4 player_ LOCAL coop _PC_games?
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 06:59:36 pm »

Second on Risk of Rain. Great game, and has four player local Co-op. Back in my undergrad I was renting a place with 3 friends, and when we first moved in the internet wasn't set up. So we plugged four controllers into my laptop, hooked up a few monitors to it and hung out in the living room playing Risk of Rain. Tons of fun.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The best _4 player_ LOCAL coop _PC_games?
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 07:14:18 pm »

I guess you already played left 4 dead?

Also, vermintide is basically a Warhammer themed remake of left 4 dead.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!
Pages: 1 [2] 3