Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Scorchedgravel - Swimming Towards The Next Generation  (Read 16907 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Scorchedgravel - Breeding The Next Generation
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2016, 11:07:31 am »

I've never managed to get high quantity of mead in any fortress, and as far as I can tell, beekeeping levels up *very* slowly.

Yes it does, but there is the satisfaction in managing to satisfy one of the more difficult yet possible wants.

-Dame de la Licorne
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2016, 11:13:00 am »

At least bees are pretty common, biome-wise. Not like those plants that have only chance to grow in their biome :p

Still, given beekeeping's effort and features compared to other food industries or even getting adamantine it seems like a modding pack bait.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2016, 11:16:38 am »

Well, if I can remember the production chain off the top of my head,

It's hives, 1/3rd for split, 2/3rd for production -> press + jug -> make mead job -> profit. I can make both the hives and jugs from fire clay which helps a lot, and then get production going. Might be worth going now, it takes a LOT of time to get enough bees to get a good amount of honey going. I dunno if I'll be playing later today
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2016, 11:30:03 am »

Perhaps, but if it is just for a single dwarf child for over a decade, they can appropriately make their own mead, in their own beekeeping quarters near the hospital. Then, if they die, there is no longer need to make mead too.

(For a single hive, 2 drinks per season, 3 seasons to get mead, 5 drink per brew...Eh, it's close, especially when given meadskin.)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2016, 01:35:31 pm »

These lamds now comtain life.
Life, is hope.
Hope, will keep us alive.
FOR THE DWARVES!!!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2016, 01:44:51 pm »

Journal of Gwolfski

I thought about some stuff, and mead's the best drink for the little baby ones is mead. Two hives and a bit of jugs should do, I think. We won't need too much of it, as few as we are. Heh.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2016, 01:46:35 pm »

Can i haz turnburger?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2016, 01:47:33 pm »

Can i haz turnburger?

Its not succesion
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2016, 01:50:37 pm »

Oh.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2016, 03:06:58 pm »

Oh.

It's community, though you'll get a dwarf and can RP if you like.

Right now, I think I broke the game. I'm getting a forgotten beast a season. Cavern II has become Beastopia, and I've got a rather scary three webbers down there right now. A giant mole killed off another one, so I've got four FB on the map entotal.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2016, 03:10:43 pm »

Right now, I think I broke the game. I'm getting a forgotten beast a season. Cavern II has become Beastopia, and I've got a rather scary three webbers down there right now. A giant mole killed off another one, so I've got four FB on the map entotal.

Um.  Did we get the entire world mad at us somehow?  What did our ancestors DO?

Edit: Did you generate a pocket/smaller size world, or play with the megabeast/cavern settings during world generation?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:14:00 pm by Dame de la Licorne »
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2016, 03:15:10 pm »

Um.  Did we get the entire world made at us somehow?  What did our ancestors DO?

The game is very determined to make sure I don't get another single log. I've got my to-be-marksmen training as hammerdwarfs right now in an attempt to build up their discipline, and I'm probably going to cave and give them iron or bronze armor.

Here's the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/submit.php?action=message&fid=12204

I decided to see what was going on and ran reveal to check the caverns. In addition to the bad year blimps in the caverns, I've got hostile animal people down there *with blowguns*. I've never seen a blowgun in game but I vaguely remember they're distributing lethal when I tried them in the object testing arena ...

It's a medium sized world, but I genned it with the highest beasts/savagery. I still don't usually get a picket line of evil in the depths though ...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:18:45 pm by NCommander »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2016, 03:29:18 pm »

Oh screw me, the newest webber that showed up CAN FLY. The caverns are sealed, but that's a fortress ending threat right now.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2016, 03:31:59 pm »

I decided to see what was going on and ran reveal to check the caverns. In addition to the bad year blimps in the caverns, I've got hostile animal people down there *with blowguns*. I've never seen a blowgun in game but I vaguely remember they're distributing lethal when I tried them in the object testing arena ...

The last time I ran into those...you're probably going to want the best anti-blunt armor you can make.  Just saying.  Unless they've been adjusted/fixed since (I haven't run into them since the shift to the 42.xx series so I may quite a bit out of date).

Oh screw me, the newest webber that showed up CAN FLY. The caverns are sealed, but that's a fortress ending threat right now.

Uh.  Oh.  This...is going to be !!FUN!!.

-Dame de la Licorne

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2016, 03:33:15 pm »

OH CARP
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13