Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Lords of Eseria [6/6] - Claim the land!  (Read 4906 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Eseria [0/5] - Claim the land!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 09:27:45 am »

I'll finish up soon.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2016, 02:15:07 pm »

Doublepost, but I should be done.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2016, 04:01:08 pm »

Wrote this in my free time ._. I may be misunderstanding Leadership in thinking it means 'total population as a whole' instead of 'probably only military and vassals'.

But it's good work as destressing since I'm pretty much busy with thesisworks. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Am I correct in assuming that the minimum stat is 4 and the max is 17? :O
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:49:08 pm by Tiruin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 04:47:05 pm »

Just realised my mistake in the stats.
Should be fixed.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 07:56:41 am »

As promised, I have decided upon the final player roster. I had hard time deciding between a couple so I decided to expand the game to 6 players. It will probably bite me in the ass later but as it stands, the following players have been included:

Playergamer
Ghazkull
Taricus
Digital Hellhound
adwarf
Terenos

I will be preparing the map and the game start now so stay tuned. feel free to ask and discuss things in the meantime.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 11:03:38 am »

As promised, I have decided upon the final player roster. I had hard time deciding between a couple so I decided to expand the game to 6 players. It will probably bite me in the ass later but as it stands, the following players have been included:

Playergamer
Ghazkull
Taricus
Digital Hellhound
adwarf
Terenos

I will be preparing the map and the game start now so stay tuned. feel free to ask and discuss things in the meantime.
Grats to you all :D What about the remaining sheets?
Can players interact with each other for benefits?
What's the endgoal?
Can there be hostile NPCs that we all have to face to reach the endgoal?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Eseria [6/6] - Claim the land!
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 12:21:56 pm »

I was considering all of these actually and I see no reason for people to be barred from the game if they desire to play support characters.

If anyone wants to play as the family characters of the main players, they are free to do so (1 extra player per family). They will not have any free major actions of their own(economic, military), unless delegated by their sire to act, which then they have to roll for on their own.

In addition, due to some balancing, no initial skill that is being reduced might go below 8. Those of you who have balanced sheets have to do nothing, but the others will have to adjust theirs. I'm still working on few things, but do amend your sheets as soon as possible. Do not worry, there will be ample opportunity to get those skills back up.

As for NPCs and end goals... you have to survive for one but also come out on top of everyone else. There will be challenges of various nature but how you deal with them is another matter entirely :). Given that this game is half-RP and half- kingdom game, solid goals are somewhat hard to define, which is why I made survival such an important element.

EDIT:
Preview of the map here, for your viewing pleasure and moaning over details. Let me know if I missed something or placed it incorrectly. BTW, the two cities in blue, these are independent city states, along with Velkyrod making up the "Merchant Three".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:29:37 pm by Ardas »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2016, 04:32:51 pm »

OH damn that map looks impressive.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2016, 04:38:15 pm »

Indeed. I am glad to be in the center of the map, for we are the heart of the land, and we shall reclaim... everything... for glory.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2016, 04:57:13 pm »

Indeed. I am glad to be in the center of the map, for we are the heart of the land, and we shall reclaim... everything... for glory.

We will be great (glances at character sheet, notices words "light cavalry") friends.

That really is a great map, though. Kudos to Ardas.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2016, 11:01:35 pm »

That map is amazing ._.
Also @Ardas: Could I ask if there's a waitlist? I'm...inferring that there isn't and stuff, given all that decoration and lore, but I am very curious since this is the first game I've posted in styled this way :O

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2016, 02:27:08 am »

To be honest I'm not sure a waitlist will ever get to play, given the longevity of these games, but I've always strove to make them last.
I will consider an additional player if the current number won't cause too much trouble in running thwm.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 05:32:47 pm »

Year 201 AS (After Settlement)

Eseria was a bountiful and empty land when the first settlers arrived and established themselves in Firstport ( later known as Stormport). As the people grew and spread, central rule was nonexistent and loose affiliations to local leaders bound men for common security but beyond that, freemen were in charge of their destiny.
Land heaved under the growing numbers of people and several domains arose, with the warriors, mayors, chiefs and captains taking charge, albeit with grudging consent rather than outright love.

All this changed with the Storms. As beasts attacked and land failed, people flocked to those more capable, who in return granted them protection. But that protection was not free and over few short generations, people became serfs, huddling around small castles and hoping for the light of day each night as darkness brought death to those who did not watch themselves.
The Storms subsided and land became bountiful again, but not all monsters fled and not all men gave up their power - knights and lords became a permanent fixture of the land, just as they were centuries ago in the now forgotten homelands.

Those who sought different life flocked to the cities, where coin and wit were king and where the sheer mass of humanity kept the worst out. It did little to improve the men themselves and the “free cities” became both the worst and the best of what man was capable of.

Now, the lands are in a state of flux - all signs in the heavens and in the water point to new Storms, beasts rear their heads once more, but the land is still rich and people are eager to face adversity with their heads held high.

Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)

Unit roster

Trent Greysteel

Trent, this year began with  the dark clouds over the horizon and snowfall in the northern mountains. These are out of season, a mark of the impending problems and darkness coming over the land.

Yet, your small realm is strong and rich, your lords rallied behind you and willing to march with you. Lowlanders might be bothered by beasts, but you are safe behind your gates and with tall mountains on all sides, you are untouchable. Whatever you decide, your land is secure... for now.
At the moment, there is ever-increasing demand for iron from your mines and the merchant cities demand ever greater quantities. You will have to make new arrangements with them if you are to profit from this.
There might be other issues as well, but those will become clear once you hold court and speak to your bannermen. Each of them administers a portion of your domain as a hereditary fief and keeps their own revenues, but provides you with leal service and troops if you need them. but be sure to keep an eye on them.

Prince Vishkar

The Lake Kingdom that you inherited was once bountiful and pleasant land. It still is in many aspects, but the Storms depopulated many a town and what remains are fishing villages on the shores of the waters of your land. But even there they cannot find respite, as drowners and beasts from the hills harass your people. Trade has dried up and what little resources are left are focused on subsistence.

Yet, there is will to rebuild it and your lords, though wary of you and your predecessor’s wrathful legacy that might arise, are behind you. What your people need however, is security. If you can put the land at ease and get the country connected again, you might be in the best position on the continent.

Lord Mayor Morghaen up Velkyrod

Velkyrod, Velkyrod, city of wonders and wealth. mugs and merchants, princes and paupers, all living within tight confines of the city walls, while outside manors and fiefs of the city dwellers supply them with everything they need. Alas, everything they want is traded for and the city is the richest place on the continent. Or so you think.

Storms have not been kind, smashing ships and cutting you off, but there was brief respite, allowing you to rebuild and bring the wealth back in. Others were not idle however, with Northaven and Stormport doing the same. While you might dominate the west, they dominate the east and everyone is fighting for the untapped inland.

While Palensk is keeping majority of beasts away, there is a lot of empty land between you and others and that is where the beasts roam, looking for prey and barring way to traders. If Velkyrod is to survive and beat the competition, you must re-establish trade, or perish.

Józef Rajunc

Palensk is finally at peace. The lands are under your family’s rule again, the monsters are kept on the other side of Matec and your warriors are probably the finest on the continent, swinging the sword and lance with skill and ferocity rarely matched by other knights.

Yet, you sit uneasy. The elector counts are watching you and they see someone who proved them wrong. To challenge these lords might be something that any sovereign has to deal with, but in your case, you face even larger problem. Your coffers are not as great as others and hussars, despite providing feudal service, still need good coin to provide for their entourages and horses.

Matec is the ultimate border, a wise man would turn east to others for opportunities. Yet, the west is the unknown and what more, untapped. Whichever way you pursue, you must ensure you do not get strangled by the problems at home.

Sara Galliene

Sara, your land is peaceful and untouched by Storms as much as others. It is a blessing and a curse, for the peace is reinforced by isolation of your land. Yours was always a land of sullen quiet and gloomy forests, untamed hills but also of fearful and estranged people. Despite your proximity to the first landing sites in Stormport, this corner of the continent came to be most isolated of all.

Your isolation has it's benefits - beasts are not as numerous and being in everyone's backyard means you do not have to worry about invaders. But your people yearn for contact and growth, they yearn for light in their lives. Or you can deliver them power. But will that bring them, and you, any respite. The storms are growing and you have to find a way past them.

Falrak Oberith

Valden is a scarred land. Fleeing across the whiterun and the subsequent bother from many a beast left you with little respite. Yet, you are secure for now. You live, but you will not survive if you do not grow.
You are not the only people in Eseria and strangely, you are not the only isolated ones, although yours is one of choice rather than desire.

While in the past it proved to be a source of security and trade now it barrs you from reaching others. If you are to survive, you must thrive and that will not happen without external help. After all, are you not keeping them safe from the bother of the monsters that lay beyond the Whiterun?

You know however, that far in the south there are massive mountains, far surpassing the Ironpeaks. These virgin lands, while occupied by beasts, were always a lure for your people who pushed towards that land like a beacon. Maybe if you manage to do that again, you just might find riches greater than anywhere else….

It is late, so sheets will come tomorrow. But for now, feel free to take these in and start the play. Since we are in a limbo before sheets arrive, you can RP in the past or with each other.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:34:38 pm by Ardas »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 07:44:00 pm »

Józef Rajunc. One of the finest warriors Eseria has ever seen. A master of the lance and the sword, the Grand Duke has slain monsters many times his size. At his command, the great host of Pálensk forced the western scourge to turn tail and run. Every man has his match, however. There are some monsters no lance can slay.

"GRAAAH!"

Natan, the Duke's nephew, heard the monstrous cry and came sprinting down the hall. Monsters had snuck into Ciemstróż before, and it was entirely possible that some dark force had cornered Józef in his chambers. Or perhaps it was an assassin. The elector counts were not happy with Józef's surprising ability to rule, after all. Drawing the dagger he wore concealed on his hip, the young man threw open the door. Papers and scrolls were scattered across the floor, with even more piled up on the Duke's desk. After glancing around the room, Natan sheathed his dagger, approaching the desk. Sure enough, the burly warrior-Duke was slouched in his chair, rubbing his temples as he stared at a scroll. He glanced up at his nephew, and shook his head.

"God, ruling is terrible. Hundreds of bills here for supplies, quartering troops...every rat in the land wants his pound of flesh. That isn't even the worst of it. Every potato farming knight in the land wants me to marry their daughter. There's a proposal in that pile somewhere from a knight offering up his four-year old daughter. God have mercy."

The Duke shook his head in disgust, climbing out of his chair and beginning to walk towards the door. He'd speak over his shoulder to the teenager, saying, "You know more about politics and beancounting than I do, bratanek. Deal with the paperwork while I get some sleep." Natan would begin to protest, only to be suddenly cut off by a sharp, "Handle it!"

The young courtier, resigned to his fate, settled into the Duke's chair and began looking over the mountain of paperwork. Even burly Józef wasn't visible behind the paper peak on his desk, and wiry Natan worried that a collapse might crush him. The most pressing issue was the marriage proposals. Debts could always be paid later, and administration in Pálensk had always been spotty, even in the best of times. Politics, however, was always vital in the western lands, with the Grand Duchy surrounded by powerful, scheming elector-counts. The proposals from the electors were thrown out instantly. If he accepted any of those, the snubbed counts would put a price on his head. The proposals from peasants and minor knights had to go for the same reason.

After discarding the pile of proposals, Natan was faced with a conundrum. None of the proposals from inside Pálensk could be accepted, but, if Józef stayed a bachelor, the counts could, and likely would, take that as a snub anyway. After puzzling over the matter for a few hours, the Duke's nephew finally came up with a solution. A party of hussars rode out the gates of Ciemstróż later that day. The leader carried in his bag a signed, sealed letter from "Józef Rajunc" to Sara Galliene. The Duke never saw it.

Spoiler: Letter to Taricus (click to show/hide)

Accept alliance with Velkyrod.
Hold a meeting with the electors to figure out what's happening in the realm.
Census the population and wealth of the realm, both to gather data and remind everybody who's in control.
Figure out how much we owe, and to whom, in war debt.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:01:48 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2016, 10:19:27 pm »

The ache never seemed to pass, always present and never receding as they consistently plagued Sara while she reclined back into the throne. They had seemingly plagued her for years, and despite everything she tried, they yet remained. The general... contentedness amongst the household guard had at-least been a small relief to her, but her mind constantly returned to those blasted aches. If everything so far hadn't worked, it would likely be time to commit to more drastic measures...

Measures that would have to wait for the time being. With the people of Calisaren beginning to yearn to be something greater than, it might well be the time to start expanding the borders and dealing with the other realms more actively. Sure, there were risks and problems that would need to be addressed and sorted, but nothing that was insurmountable in the least. And with Stormport nearby, there was one wealthy prize to be seized by someone with the strength to do so.

Soon after the arrival of the Pálenski Hussars to Valaren

The arrival of foreign kngihts into Calisaren was a particularly momentous occasion; the forests nor their inhabitants had not repulsed them from the borders and the fact that they were from far-off Palensk was astonishing and peculiar.

Sara gingerly opened and read the message the hussars had brought with them, having had a servant collect it and bring it to her. After reading it in full, she tossed it aside and composed a reply to be sent back with the hussars.

Dammit, Dammit, Dammit! Of all the things they could try it's this they do! I can only hope they see reason in abandoning this, because there's going to be problems if they don't.

After writing her reply, Sara tossed the original message sent to her onto the open flame burning in the fireplace, ensuring that it was ash and cinder before sending for a servant to deliver the message back to the hussars.

Sara summons the vassals of the land for a convocation.
She also holds an open audience for the locals of her personal demesne, intending to hear out an issues and problems that they have, as well as getting a decent overview of affairs.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:26:56 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5