Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Lords of Eseria [6/6] - Claim the land!  (Read 4900 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Eseria [6/6] - Claim the land!
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2016, 06:32:15 am »

Princely Palace, Mercantile Heights, City of Velkyrod

Screeching filled the small amphitheater, drowning out the idle chatter, cheers and boos, the betting and various other going-ons of the Velkyr Elite.
While in the arena below a prisoner (more specifically a debtor who defaulted to the Prince) was fending off a drowner, all the while screeching at the top of his lungs (making people wonder if the man had been castrated before being thrown into the arena), above the illustrous Lord Mayor Morghaen up Velkyrod was fending off annoying supplicants with a chicken leg, splattering some of them in fat and expensive spices.

BLASTED FOOLS GET OUT OF MY SIGHT OR I'LL SEND YOU INTO THAT PIT NEXT!

The Lord Mayor was known for his short temper when it came to him being interrupted while eating. As the supplicants retreated, the drowner had finally ripped the pathetic buckler out of the prisoners hands and was now happily devouring one of the mans thighs, while above Morghaen was happily devouring the chickens leg.

The parallels were not lost on Morghaens brother Vemkal, who nonetheless kept quiet. His entire life he had clung to the tenet that if you had nothing nice to say you ought to say nothing...and so he regularly didn't say anything.

Send Letters to the Pálenskans, the Valdenni and whatever the folks in Calisaren might call themselves and obviously send a trade mission with them im not wasting good ships on courier duties.

Dutiful as always, and silently giggling at the ridiculous sight of her husband, Kirina was writing down the orders of her husband, carefully keeping enough distance that pieces of chicken and fat wouldn't touch her, her writing pad or her rather expensive dress.

Content?

Their Trade requirements this year, as well as what they can offer, also send a marriage offer to Palensk. Jurgen is old enough.

My Dear, the Palenskans have only an unmarried nephew...

So? It's a political marriage!

Jurgen is not into men, my dear...

Again, political marriage. I don't care if Jurgen buggers the Rajunc lad or not or if they bring in whores or sheep into their bed. He is expected to marry who i tell him to for the good of this House!

The Pálenskans could see this as an insu-

then word this in a way that it doesn't sound like an insult! Do i have to do everything myself? And remove that drowner from that corpse! People are eating here!

Send Letters to the Pálenskans, the Valdenni and whatever the folks in Calisaren and offer Trade Agreements
Offer an alliance to Pálensk with or without marrying the sons of both houses i do not care
Have a proper assessment of the ongoing trade. What do we trade in and with whom? What do we produce on what can we get our hands, whats the prices etc, the works.
Look at the local monster situation and ponder the economic viability of selling monsters, their parts or taming them.
Consider Trade beyond the continent is there some exotic parts of the world from which we could import stuff?
Look into the local Economy and see where we cna invest and improve our incomes

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:38:07 pm by Ghazkull »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2016, 12:36:07 pm »

Trent sat rather uncomfortable upon a throne carved from solid stone as he glared at the handful of messengers that were currently bowing in front him, he wasn't dissatisfied with their service, but a man can only stay so cheery while sitting upon the most uncomfortable seat in existence. After a long moment of silence he finally waved his hand towards a soldier standing beside him who strolled forth with a closed scroll in hand that he quickly handed over. With a flourish, Trent snapped open the scroll and read its contents aloud,

"As the new Lord of the Ironpeaks I hereby call for the Council to be assembled, all Houses and families of power are to make haste for the Iron Keep in order to arrive on time to attend the Council. Let it be known that at this Council the path that the Ironpeaks will take under my rule shall be decided and the beginning of our struggle to survive the coming Storms will begin.

Trent Greysteel, Lord of the Ironpeaks."

Done reading Trent tosses it off to the side before continuing,

"Deliver that message to all Houses and families that serve House Greysteel, go quickly and may the Mountains watch over you."

As he finished the messengers stood up and hurriedly left the hall and mere moments after the doors shut Trent slouched down in the throne as he muttered,

"Why did they have to make this throne so uncomfortable, as if ruling wasn't bad enough ..."

Call the Houses and Families of the Ironpeaks together for a Council where they are free to tell me of the problems plaguing the realm, the financial situation of their industries, and their desires for the future of the realm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2016, 01:00:35 pm »

To be honest I'm not sure a waitlist will ever get to play, given the longevity of these games, but I've always strove to make them last.
I will consider an additional player if the current number won't cause too much trouble in running thwm.

Hum :<
Well...does anyone have space in their family to play with for any of us non-chosen, if willing? :D
Cheers for the longevity Ardas \o/

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2016, 02:08:18 pm »

The Court of Daesmar

Vishkar Aest, Prince of Daesmar, waited patiently for the court musicians to end their performance. They played well, true, deft hands plucking the strings of their ornate qanuni with admirable speed, but the tune was a gloomy and common one. It hardly suited his idea for the occasion. Across the Royal Hall, the gathered lords of the Lake Kingdom followed the performance with varying degrees of interest. Most used the time to steal glances at one another - it was, after all, a rare opportunity for nearly all the realm's eligible lords and ladies to meet and come in their finest.

Vishkar himself wore a stiff robe embroidered with large floral patterns in gold over a dark red. His cape was a radiant royal blue and had some peacock feathers at the top - in better times, the entire cape would've been covered in them, but the palace birds had suffered in the past decades. His silk gloves had been imported at great cost overland from Velkyrod; he did not much like them, but silk was a mark of prestige, had always been. He'd drawn around his eyes with kohl - not to the extent of many of lords and ladies, but it was only suitable.

Few could claim to match him in glory, though some of his vassals had certainly tried. Lord Faďs - 'the Manticore', as he was called - had come with an elaborate gilded headress that made it appear he had the mane of a manticore to go with the title. Lady Noura - at least, he thought it was Lady Noura - wore a veil studded with glittering gemstones and a dress run with ample silver. She played with the jewels as if idly whenever someone looked.

And so it went. No court in this cursed land could claim to match the Daesmari in splendor, and they could be proud for that. It was a far cry from their ancestors in the distant land they'd once come from, and from the realm in its glory days, but it was still a sight to behold. If only splendor could have fixed all the problems of his Kingdom.

His wife sat on the smaller throne next to his, eyes intently on the crowd, and as lovely as ever. Vishkar let his gaze linger on her for a while, and to hell with the performance. It was not a sight he would ever tire of.

Bahrazat stood to the right with his little sister and the royal advisors. He looked glum. Presumably, he'd much rather have been out riding or practicing his swordsmanship. Still, he cut a dashing figure in his fine clothes, which not-too-subtly took after the armor of the jahangiri.

The performance came to an end on one last, dark note. Vishkar suppressed a breath of relief. He waited a few moments for the performers to withdraw and stood up to address the Hall.

'Good lords, friends. You are all welcome in my court. You know why you have been summoned. The realm suffers. It has suffered long. We have already struck the first blows against the darkness, but they have been the blows of a man desperately fending off an attack. Today, good lords, that changes.'

He took a breath, watching the faces of those who had sworn themselves to him. He had faith in them. He had faith in the Kingdom.

'No longer will we withdraw in the face of the horrors. No longer will we remain on the defensive, trusting in walls and hoping for the best. I pledge before you, good lords, that Daesmar will rise. We will strike out, hunt the monsters wherever they raise their heads, and drive them back into the darkness! This day marks the beginning of our attack! The night has reigned in our land for too long. We are the dawn, good lords, and we will banish the darkness!'

Vishkar paused for a few moments, then continued: 'I will hear any man or woman who wishes to speak. I will hear of the troubles that plague your lands and the threats upon your people, and I will dedicate every soul and every last coin in this land to bringing peace and prosperity back to our streets, our fields, our villages. From this day on, I shall not rest until Daesmar is strong, proud, and stands in the Light!'

He let the words ring out for a while, then sat back down. This was a token gesture, to some extent - he already had plans he intended to execute - but these men knew better than he did what went on in their own lands. He would need information if he was to win this war.

---

Prince Vishkar holds a grand assembly of the lords and ladies of the realm, and asks them to bring problems and suggestions to him.

(OOC: I'd love to have you, Tiruin, but my only options are really a brash 16-year-old son and a 12-year-old daughter, so...)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2016, 02:56:54 pm »

(OOC: I'd love to have you, Tiruin, but my only options are really a brash 16-year-old son and a 12-year-old daughter, so...)
((So I can't be picked because of these? I can be your daughter! I can paint you majestic paintings only a 12-year old can paint, and only their parents can adore with utmost ideal to their potential. I can act in 12-year old ways that will even baffle any spy or assassin, because of my age! I can keep you safe by occupying your time in important meetings with those older folks. I can be the innocent eyes that nobody will ever expect \o/

But yeah, wishing y'all well :3))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2016, 05:55:29 pm »

((Everyone should have received a sheet in PM. If there is any trouble with this, let me know asap. As for you Tiruin, if you find a willing player, by all means, you can participate.
BTW, base troops remain to be distributed, so that will be done soon.))

E: If DH and adwarf could drop by to IRC so I can give them some unique units, other than that ,we are waiting on Tere to post.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:21:40 am by Ardas »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2016, 02:21:18 pm »

Landfall 18, AS: 201.

Falrak Oberith, as well as the assembled men under his command breathed a sigh of relief as the gates of Backkeep closed behind them. It had been another series of grueling battles, but the beasts were safely contained on the other side of the Whiterun. As his men began to relax and disperse Falkirk's thoughts were only on his soft bed. A reverie shortly interrupted by his uncle's approach, and the grim reality ahead.

"Nephew! I'm glad to see you alive..but, where is the First Lord?" Aledrin spoke first.

With a curt nod, Falrak acknowledged his uncle "I am First Lord now. Another casualty of the Storm."

Aledrin's face sunk marginally, in truth only those well accustomed to dealing with him would have noticed it. "I see. I shall arrange a funeral, is there a body?"

Falrak looked away and shook his head. Both men shared a brief few moments of silence, while rangers cared for their gear, and the low whispers of conversation suffused the courtyard.

Aledrin broke the silence "Then I shall send couriers to arrange a moot amongst the lords, the news will be delivered and the Duty falls to you, nephew. I will also arrange a report on the things most of interest in the land."

Summon the other lords of Valden for a meeting. Also ready a report on the land.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 06:45:47 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2016, 06:46:07 am »

First Season, 201 AL

Józef Rajunc

Accept alliance with Velkyrod.
Hold a meeting with the electors to figure out what's happening in the realm.
Census the population and wealth of the realm, both to gather data and remind everybody who's in control.
Figure out how much we owe, and to whom, in war debt.

(Your incomes, debt and state of the country are in your sheet. Your land revenue is at the same time a rough measure of colonization and population as well, since feudal taxation usually revolves around land rents and dues for various rights, which are usually a flat payment.)

The electors gathered in the common hall of Ciemstroz. It is not the same as the old castle, yet it suffices for this Sejm. The lords are not overly happy, as they have to get used to sharing power again. The declaration of alliance with the mercantile city is given a grudging acceptance and a question of a western expedition is raised, to claim the black earth on the other side of the river. Of course, the expectation is that you would lead these yourself and would fund the troops for the operation. Despite their vassal status, they do not seem intent on helping you much - if they can’t be persuaded or bent, these lords will forever be an obstacle.

There is also a question of succession - lords are all too happy to choose a bride for you and steer your family’s future, seeing how your recent suggestion sent to Calisaren was rebuked, but whomever they choose for you might not be the best for your own interest, even if it is good for theirs.

Sara Galliene

Sara summons the vassals of the land for a convocation.
She also holds an open audience for the locals of her personal demesne, intending to hear out an issues and problems that they have, as well as getting a decent overview of affairs.

Lords of Calisaren oblige the summons of their sire with deference and gather in Valaren. Each swears the traditional oaths before your throne as they take their place around the throne room. The lords are content, if bored by the current state of affairs. In majority they have expressed the desire to expand and begin new colonization. In addition, the question of your sisters and yourself arose between the lords - all of you are of marriageable age and to an ordinary man, you are all past the point where suitable husband should have been found. Naturally, the lords are aware of your family’s legacy and some share their history with you, Lords Desmond and Istvan in particular, although these connections cast a shadow of doubt on the viability of these marriages, in particular from the lords that do not share these ties. The fact that an offer from Palensk was not disclosed or what the purpose of those knights was arose even more suspicion and guesses.

The country itself is at peace, if somewhat underused. People prefer hunting and tannery as trades, as opposed to farming and pottery, with the foreboding forests proving to be a bountiful resource. There is one fear among the people however, and that is of the crimson knights. You know them as the Brotherhood of Blood. A secretive band, they have been visiting Calisaren for generations, letting on little and hunting, both beasts and men that they did not like the look of. With their red tabards and crimson cloaks, heavy swords and maces, they began appearing in the countryside again, prowling it like their own hunting ground.

Lord Mayor Morghaen up Velkyrod

Look at the local monster situation and ponder the economic viability of selling monsters, their parts or taming them.
Consider Trade beyond the continent is there some exotic parts of the world from which we could import stuff?
Look into the local Economy and see where we can invest and improve our incomes

The beasts are not a thing to be trifled with, a you well know, but the lure of danger and profit makes it an interesting business venture. Most people stay away from the beasts if they can, so you need to look for people both strong and mad enough to undertake such a job.
As far as you are aware, some bests are more akin to normal animals and allow for extraction of their resources, while some are blighted monsters fit only for slaying. Majority of the latter ones are kept beyond Matec and the southern kingdoms, but in the wilderness to the north, fauna is untouched and reports from dependencies say that some beasts have been spotted.

Trade beyond the continent is pretty much non-existent - no one has seen the east in 200 years, as both storms and the currents push ships west. However, traders from Stormport used to make trips south, where they found exotic materials usually unobtainable in the cold north - silks, spices, gems and fruit. If you are willing to finance an expedition, you could find those yourself.

The economy of the city is stagnant - yours is the biggest commercial centre on the continent, but that will not last, as you depend on trade. You can invest money in the city and bring some of the guilds up, but the investment is not guaranteed (5%+Admin roll for each 1000 invested). You can also undertake a project of your own choosing, like expand the harbours, which would need prior planning, or fund a colonization effort into virgin land, with untapped resources guaranteeing higher return (10%+admin roll for each 1000 invested.)

Trent Greysteel

Call the Houses and Families of the Ironpeaks together for a Council where they are free to tell me of the problems plaguing the realm, the financial situation of their industries, and their desires for the future of the realm.

The lords of Ironpeaks are reluctant to gather, if only because they would have to move from their abodes to climb up to get to Stonebrook. Once there however, they shower you with praises for leaving them be most of the time. The mountain folk are strange, but you share the sentiment, laughing at the problems of the lowlanders.
The country is in good shape and there are no problems anywhere in the country. Given the fact that mountains protect you from the worst of the monsters and the fact that the land itself is protected by the ministrations of the clerics from the monastery of First Light, high in the crown of the mountains.

What is getting everyone’s interest however are the prospectors from Northaven. The merchant city on the island sent its explorers to your shores and these, by the permission of your lords, begun looking for various ores. The city has been battered by the storms and it is likely that it might decline further if it does not make some trades. You, due to your proximity and wealth are their best and last hope, with Velkyrod to the west and Stomrport to the south. Your lords are happy to cooperate, if they can get an investment and a share of the mining wealth in addition to the iron they already extract, albeit on a small scale. Mines in your country are but shallow pits and surface excavations, with the deepest shafts being merely extensions of caves where first ore was found. These people bring expertise however and are willing to establish a first proper deep mine, if their search succeeds.

Also, Lord Hammond of Eastmountain expressed interest in your sister. He is young and his demesne moderately rich. He could make a strong ally.

Prince Vishkar

Prince Vishkar holds a grand assembly of the lords and ladies of the realm, and asks them to bring problems and suggestions to him.

Following the elaborate ceremony, your lords bring you their fears and troubles more directly.
Right now large parts of the country suffer from drowner infestations, as these troublesome beasties rose from the murky waters of the lakes. They are also worried about prosperity of the country. The kingdom has been isolated for a while now and despite potential trade, the bazaar in Sakand hosts only few stalls nowadays - a far cry from the days where the trade and wealth generated were the pride of the kingdom.

Last but not least, the borders of the kingdom have been infested as well, especially south and west. Lords are able to keep the worst at bay with their own forces, but some are worried that a herd of vermin and other foul monsters might be driven towards the kingdom by a manticore pair or an enraged owlbear. Some scouts reported long stretches of land that were devastated in wake of fleeing beasts.There is also word of the Brotherhood of Blood appearing from the east, clearing out the monsters wherever they appear, but by the looks of it, they treat it more as a feat and a sport rather than full-blown service to the small folk.

Falrak Oberith

Summon the other lords of Valden for a meeting. Also ready a report on the land.

The hastily assembled meeting told you the same story as you expected - most people fled beyond the river, hardly anyone is left in the south. Ranger patrols and waters of the Whiterun keep the worst out, but the captains demand revenge. They demand that the beasts be pushed south and that you spearhead a colonization effort. The land is not rich and the only other thing you could do is to turn north and trade with others, or try to settle the emptiness between their borders, at risk of being involved in their politics. You can always try to attempt resettlement of the abandoned boroughs on your side of the river and make sure that the refugees are tended to, but do not count on much, at least immediately.

Another issue raised was your dynasty situation. Another heavy loss might mean a total collapse of your house - Aledrin is old and Acaetrem not much younger than you and even less experienced in the ways of the world, for all of his knowledge of dry numbers. Valden did well in its isolation, but you need reinforcement, from whatever direction.

Trade with Stormport appears to be the sole lifeline that at the moment is sustaining your people above the subsistence level. You never paid much mind to these affairs, but with your back to the wall, you cannot afford to ignore any path.

EDIT: Trade
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 10:41:16 am by Ardas »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2016, 05:14:45 pm »

Sara went over the nobles proposals and concerns, mildly irritated over the marriage politics put forth by them. That being said, with just about everyone yearning for expansion and colonisation, it was likely time to act on those desires.

"Given the particular enthusiasm for expanding into the wild areas that's been demonstrated here I'm considering start up colonisation in earnest, with a nice little side venture of bringing stormport into the fold; if we can control the city we control all the trade on the eastern coast and the wealth that comes with it. We'll be in a much stronger.

However, to fund all this, I'll need money, a lot more than what my coffers hold. In that vein I'm levying funds from you, and in a permanent manner to cover the costs of that.

Now, onto the subject of marriages, at this time I hardly think it prudent to start making decisions on that, especially with the workload ahead. I'll reconsider my stance on this at a later date however.

The offer from Palensk was rejected due to political implications of such a marriage, the knights who delivered it were under orders as the messengers, to ensure that it got here without much issue from monsters and the like. Excessive, sure. Though given the increase of monster attacks in other realms, probably a necessary precaution."

Sara paced around the throne room. While the realm was stable, the brotherhood of blood showing up and terrorising the peasantry was a concern, and it certainly didn't help that they had been here repeatedly before and there was still little information on them. While the lack of agriculture was a concern, it was minor; the tanneries and their output were valuable enough that risking them wasn't an option.

Sara starts sending scouts and surveyors into the neighbouring uninhabited regions, with instructions to look for suitable sites for settlement and expansion. Any resources or terrain of note is to be reported back to her as soon as they can relay it.

Scouts are also sent to Stormport, to assess it's military strength of the city, a few emissaries being sent to try courting it into joining the kingdom proper without violence

A few agents are sent to keep watch on the Brotherhood of Blood, and to learn what they can about them and relay that information back.

A general tax is issued on the nobility, with 50% of all income after the first 9000 ducats going to Sara.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:02:36 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2016, 07:23:02 pm »

The Grand-Duke watched the elector counts enter the hall with no small measure of disgust. The marcher lords of Pálensk had always been rather simple and modest. These men were dressed finely, though, with jewelry, furs, and frippery. In contrast, Józef was dressed in a simple tunic and pants, with only a dyed, red hood signifying his status. As they took their seats, he composed himself, glancing at the man sitting across from him. Count Milos was dressed much more simply than the others, and seemed...confident, or perhaps arrogant. Józef had a bad feeling about him. He listened to Milos speak for a few minutes, collecting his thoughts.

"You may sit, Milos. I have considered the situation carefully, and I've come to a decision. You suggest an expedition beyond the Matec, but the situation at home is still unstable, and we don't know what we might find to the west. However, I do think that expansion in another direction would pay off."

He would reach forward, gesturing towards the map of Eseria on the stone table. He'd tap on the point where the Matec feeds into the ocean. "Building a settlement on the mouth of the Matec will give us control of trade. A toll could be collected, bringing in a tidy sum. Of course, this settlement would be under my direct rule, due to the rivers strategic value."

"As for the succession, I have little interest in the politics of marriage. As a show of good faith, I'll let the nine of you decide on who I'll marry. Within reason, that is. I won't agree to marry an old maid. That will be all, gentlemen, unless you have something to add."

Send scouts and surveyors to the north-west, along the east bank of the Matec, to the mouth of the river. Look for a natural harbor close to the estuary.
If a natural harbor is found, and the scouts don't encounter too many monsters in the area, prepare an expedition to colonize the area.

Allow the Sejm to choose a wife for Józef. Retain the right to veto ridiculous proposals (i.e: 70 year old women, and such.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2016, 07:53:49 pm »

Trent sat on his stone throne with the heads of the many families and houses that served his House gathered below, unlike his meeting with his messengers he sat straight in the throne and maintained a smiling expression as he spoke.

"I understand from all that you've told me that the realm of Ironpeaks is peaceful, but I would like to tell you all that it is not what I hope for these lands I've had fall under my rule. Our homeland is peaceful and our people are seemingly content with our current state, but if we want to survive the Storms to come, if we want to ensure those powers outside our borders do not turn their eyes on our ore lodes and mines in greed we must grow stronger. I want those nations that look upon the Ironpeaks in the future to feel respect, I want them to look upon our homes and see a sleeping dragon that should not be provoked lest all they hold get taken from them.

The first step to ensuring that our lands stay safe from the threats outside our borders is to deny the offers of Northaven of aid in establishing deep mines into the hearts of the mountains. If we allow their experts to help establish these mines then they'll lay partial claim to them, the mines will not truly belong solely to our people and they will surely attempt to use this fact to force us into a deal that would not be better made elsewhere. Instead of allowing their experts to construct it I wish to bring prospectors from their side into the service of my House, if I cannot find any willing to serve my House in Northaven then I'll turn to Stormport or to Velkyrod in the west.

What I wish to ask from all of you is whatever you're willing to give in order to aid my efforts, the more you all give to my House the more easily I'll be able to hire these prospectors and men needed to establish such deep mines. On top of that the money will invested into establishing deep mines all over the Ironpeaks, regardless of where the mines are located I wish for everyone of you to profit from them so as to ensure that all the lands of this realm prosper together. To determine the amount that each of you will earn from these mines I'll base it off the amount you put forth in order to determine what share of profits you get with House Greysteel getting forty percent the remaining sixty will be split.

So, what do you all think, are any of you willing to make this investment?"

Attempt to convince the various lords of the Houses in Ironpeaks to invest in the hiring of prospectors, engineers, and other experts required to make deep mines along with the creation of said mines with the money they have invested. Based on the amount each lord invests they will receive a share of any of the minds in any lords' province who takes part with House Greysteel taking forty percent for themselves.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2016, 12:31:25 pm »

Prince Vishkar finished penning up the letters. He'd entrust them to several messengers, in case some were lost on the way. You couldn't be sure of the roads, not in these times.

He'd considered the problems in his realm and set them in order. The beasts at the borders were problematic, but only a potential threat. His lords could handle the situation, for now. The Brotherhood of Blood was an oddity, perhaps even useful, but not something he'd focus on for now. No, the most pressing issue were the infestations in the lakes. Drowners harassed his people and robbed them of their livelihoods. It was a matter that would only get worse with time, he suspected.

He'd given the order to train and raise troops to bolster guards over the lakeside towns and villages. It was not a cheap venture, given the state of the realm, but he liked to think of it as an investment. Drowners were vermin, dangerous vermin. Fighting them would be a good way to train these men so if the need arose, they would form an effective part of his forces.

Trade, then, was another matter. The routes overland were dangerous and long, making merchants wary or dead. He needed something to encourage more traders in and out of Daesmar, some way to assure them of their safety. It wouldn't do to send his jahangiri outside their borders, but he could, at least, do what he could to secure part of the routes. His lords would have to do their part.

A third matter would perhaps be seen as petty in another land. The dye industry of Old Daesmar had fallen, and the court suffered for it. It would just take some investment to restart the workshops, this time under royal guidance. In time, he hoped to have a profitable export for the caravans.

That would have to wait, though - there was only so much he oversee, only so much gold in his treasuries.

Raise 500 Bowmen (6000 cost) and spread them as royal garrisons to defend against drowner attacks. Encourage local lords to build their own defenses and train their peasantry to do the same.

Meet with local and visiting merchants and would-be merchants, encouraging them to increase their trading with the promise of royal protection on the roads. Large caravans shall receive jahangiri escorts for the way.

EDIT: Removed extra action. There's a limit, whodathunk.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:48:08 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2016, 04:05:48 pm »

Falrak listened to the concerns of the other lords as politely as he was taught. After they had finished airing their concerns he spoke.

"It is true, the resurgence of monster attacks is a grave issue, and we must work towards the security and prosperity of the land. My own lands and the lands of Lady Calras have both suffered greatly, but for now we have breathing room." Falrak paced somewhat as he spoke, all eyes were on him.

"We must use this room to act, and strike first. The Whiterun will not keep the monsters at bay for long. We will need troops and defenses. Solid points from which to push back and retake what is ours. As such I am requesting aid, in the form of troops or coin to begin efforts to strengthen Valden as a whole. I expect a greater contribution from some of you, but it has not yetbecome so dire that it is an order.

As to the matter of the Oberith dynasty, I believe my cousin has wed, and I shall try to remain away from danger, while I seek a suitable bride from amongst our people. The other nations did nothing to aid us, so I do not plan to create strong ties with them. Go now, see to your people and prepare. For we shall retake what is ours, and we shall take the mountains as well. Everything from the end of the Whiterun, to the mountains far. This Storm shall only make us hardier."

Raise 100 Rangers (3000 cost), Invest 3000 to resettle refugees in/around the capital.
Expect the other Lords to begin contributions to the strengthening of the whole kingdom.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:08:40 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2016, 02:17:12 pm »

Trade was ailing all over the Coast not to mention that not even a proper Trade Route could be established with Palensk without entering foreign and dangerous lands. THe situation had to be rectified quickly.

Expand the Merchant Fleet: put down 10.000 towards Armed Merchantmen with Detachments of Marines as additional Protection. The Free Traders are to start trading with Pŕlensk, Calisaren and Valden along their major rivers.

Invest another 10.000 into a mixed Program of Colonization and Infrastructure in the unsettled lands between Velkyrod and Pálensk: A Single Highway, with Waystations every 30 kilometers. Each Waystation is to be outfitted with a stable, tavern, a guardhouse with a Garrison of sufficient strength to hold off any ordinary bandits and monsters and a messenger post, if the money suffices establish semaphore stations for those wayhouses. THese are the nucleus of the new settlements along the Velkyrod-Pálensk Highway

Invest the Rest of the Treasury into Velkyrod Marines to staff the Merchant Fleet, Settlement Programs and as a general standing army. Set aside 1.000 for dedicated Monster Hunters to begin commercial hunting of monsters in the new Settlements to make them safer.

If actions are left:

Send Scouts towards Northport.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2016, 03:16:36 pm »

PTY
Please let me know if waitlists are go?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5