Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87979 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #795 on: September 19, 2016, 01:45:30 pm »

In my world all "once per battle" skills are null and void anyway, but when it's just 50% extra damage (while anyone can crit and do 200% extra any number of times per battle) it's even more null and void, with or without the risk of backlash on miss. Why not wait until the skill proves overpowered in practice, and then nerf it as necessary? Especially considering that it's something that a player based their class choice on.

Bearing in mind that the since nerfed version of Ancient Gamble can add 30 MAG at a maximum, most attacks made with it in the late game will kill the target, since most RES heavy targets have low HP, and most targets with high HP don't have much RES.

I definitely feel that nerfing it was the right choice, and this hasn't been the first time Haspen has changed a class skill mid game, so its not like this is an isolated incident.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 19, 2016, 01:47:45 pm »

I'm just mad cuz the timing of the change (and as you said I based my character around it (and that it was swordstar that suggested it to be honest.))

Well thanks :/
You're welcome.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 19, 2016, 01:52:21 pm »

Ancient Gamble now caps final hit% at 85.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 19, 2016, 01:58:24 pm »

I'm just mad cuz the timing of the change (and as you said I based my character around it (and that it was swordstar that suggested it to be honest.))

Well thanks :/
You're welcome.

But seriously why does the fact that I'm the one who suggested it make you mad besides the fact that we'd been discussing how stupidly powerful it was when I mentioned it should be nerfed? Cause if that's the only reason, I guess ok but it's not like I hid what I did. I prayed that when you were still around

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 19, 2016, 02:28:38 pm »

It's not once per battle I think.

It was pretty op (unless... If it was once per battle. Then it probably wouldn't have been op at all..).

I based my assumption that it was once-per-battle on the "Ancient Resolve" skill it replaces. That might be wrong. If it's an at-will skill, then I actually have to agree with Swordstar et al. Double damage in exchange for a risk of backlash that will usually be far below 50% seems like it would be a no-brainer in most situations. The timing of the nerf is unfortunate, but considering this
I definitely feel that nerfing it was the right choice, and this hasn't been the first time Haspen has changed a class skill mid game, so its not like this is an isolated incident.
it's probably something we as players should be expecting. In many cases it's best to learn to do as the Romans while you're in Rome, and make the most of it, regardless of how things would've been done in your world.

My general perspective on disputes like this one is that the GM has the final say on all aspects of the game, and can take the advice of whoever they want. On the other hand, I'm also assuming, and hoping, that the GM will let players debate GM decisions freely, provided that it doesn't degenerate into nagging or personal attacks. Everyone won't have the same idea of what constitutes nagging or personal attacks, of course.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 20, 2016, 03:39:12 pm »

This culture/class clash RP thing is warming my heart and gives good ground for future supports, so you can continue on till Friday evening, when we will introduce the last character (Suzanne) and on investigation you goooo~!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 22, 2016, 05:57:15 pm »

So then, wishlists out boys and girls. I have no idea how much stuff costs, so I guess we'll probably end up going after the more vital to less vital stuff.

I myself am pretty well sated. My book, even a bit beat up, seems like a fine weapon to me. So, heavier weapons for our melee people, an axe for flora, staffs of buffs or debuffs for the healers seem important?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:00:29 pm by Criptfeind »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 22, 2016, 05:59:08 pm »

Maybe a dance or whatever the heck performers use instead of weapons for Alissa, but only if we have the spare money. It's not like she'll be doing much but Performing allies most times anyway.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 22, 2016, 06:00:02 pm »

I guess just go ahead and look In character in the market place for whatever it is you guys want to buy, once we know how much money we have and what everything costs, we can decide how to split it.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #804 on: September 22, 2016, 06:06:00 pm »

Siegfried could probably use another javelin, as mentioned in the IRC.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 22, 2016, 06:22:11 pm »

I would like an ailment staff of some description, and to a lesser extent an axe. Ailment over axe, but axe over nothing.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 22, 2016, 06:57:14 pm »

I don't have any wants for Suzanne's equipment. New things would be nice but naturally not high priority.

I assume we'll want to pick up some keys or lockpicks, but I've no experience with how many we'll need.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 22, 2016, 07:01:23 pm »

It usually takes a significant period of time to burn through a single set of lockpicks, so we likely won't need a second right away.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 22, 2016, 07:02:01 pm »

Well she doesn't have a starting set listed, so
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 99