Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87926 times)

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #570 on: August 23, 2016, 04:51:10 pm »

Who is the her you're referring to btw? If it's shae, you prolly can't see her cause walls.

I'm assuming that Arnold went into the room in time to see Shaelynn leave. He doesn't know about any skeleton dude, he's simply not considering these catacombs a suitable place for a lone, injured Governor's Daughter.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 23, 2016, 04:55:12 pm »

Either way, Jann moved the very second Shaelynn left the room regardless, I only posted later because we needed to plan after the Skeleton showed up.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 23, 2016, 04:59:15 pm »

what is line of sight
in the face of such unconquerable ham

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 23, 2016, 04:59:50 pm »

Fair enough. It makes sense that Jann wouldn't need some kooky healer from the Reich  >:( >:( >:( (<= Jann's anger at kooky Reichlings.) to tell him how to do his bodyguard work. I'll re-fluff my action.

Edit: What should be done on the northern front while the skeleton issue is being dealt with? It still seems quite safe to do the thing where Friderick takes Siegfried's place and the mages blast the myrmecologist. Flora and Iris can provide backup next turn, if necessary.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 06:27:49 pm by Mopsy »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 23, 2016, 08:28:16 pm »

Well, siegs still largely immune to damage, so w/e, we can just move forward with the plan as stated, only without the javelin and the dance we've basically defaulted into the "failure state" of the plan, which is, luckily, fully acceptable.

We can play it a bit more cowardly as well if we want, rushing forward squishy wind mage into certain death for example, was only in the plan because it had a chance to net Gregory two kills in a single turn, now that that's not possible we could reconsider if it's worthwhile doing.

Edit: Also when I actually consider that I'm guessing we probably don't wanta do that.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:35:04 pm by Criptfeind »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 23, 2016, 08:36:14 pm »

Well, she still needs to move. Why not have her move up to where Sieg would have attacked the myrm with jav from and blast the myrm? That way she's (relatively) safe and potentially puts her in killing range for Sieg if Greg misses? If Greg doesn't miss, then Sieg can move one up and stab the archer with Freddy

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 23, 2016, 08:47:14 pm »

She doesn't need to move if she doesn't want to afaik. Could just wait and see if Gregory gets the hit to save a QL.

A interesting alternative would be for wind mage to go and help Shea fight the undeader. Gregory+3 spear hits takes out the archer, but I guess that's likely cutting it pretty fine since Frideric could very well need to retreat for healings next turn. Prooooobably the people up top are scarier then the skeleton though, so perhaps not necessarily worthwhile. I think they are both pretty close in the "are handled" category.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 23, 2016, 10:26:37 pm »

Oh right, I forgot no dance. Meh, I dunno, do things, etc

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 27, 2016, 06:27:37 am »

Note to darkpaladin109, Furtuka and KingMurdoc: If you want this game to continue, then now is a good time to post moves.

In case they don't: I'd love to continue, but if Haspen and/or the remaining players feel that it's time to call it quits, then I won't try to drag you back. If you do want to carry on, either with a full campaign or a shortened one, then we have several options:
  • Bring in some of the players who posted characters for FEF6 but didn't get in.
  • Transplant some gameless players from FEF5.
  • Continue with a smaller party. Like Swordstar said, this might make the game faster and easier to keep going.
All three of those, or a combination, are acceptable to me. What do you think?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 27, 2016, 06:52:35 am »

Ah, although I understand your concern I think it's just a tad bit premature (although I imagine that someone who doesn't hang out on irc talking about this probably would have a different perspective, so, justified at least). We're really only waiting on dark paladin right now, King Murdoc and Furtuka need to see the outcome of my turn, which ideally can only happen after Dark Paladins turn. It's true dark paladins not been on bay12 since sunday, but I think there was some concern somewhere (although it might have been on irc or something so not documented well?) that he wouldn't be able to post this week, which, combined with Haspen already being a bit overburderned has sorta made me at least content to think that perhaps just waiting for the weekend before entering "well fuck" mode is okay. Uhhhh. I hope that made sense. I do like the enthusiasm and willingness to work to not let a game just randomly fade away as so so many do.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 06:54:12 am by Criptfeind »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 27, 2016, 07:13:00 am »

darkpaladin109 is busy, from what I gather, so peeps can post for him this time.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 27, 2016, 08:35:58 am »

Ah, alright, cool. I'll do that.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 27, 2016, 08:49:33 am »

Ah, although I understand your concern I think it's just a tad bit premature (although I imagine that someone who doesn't hang out on irc talking about this probably would have a different perspective, so, justified at least). We're really only waiting on dark paladin right now, King Murdoc and Furtuka need to see the outcome of my turn, which ideally can only happen after Dark Paladins turn. It's true dark paladins not been on bay12 since sunday, but I think there was some concern somewhere (although it might have been on irc or something so not documented well?) that he wouldn't be able to post this week, which, combined with Haspen already being a bit overburderned has sorta made me at least content to think that perhaps just waiting for the weekend before entering "well fuck" mode is okay. Uhhhh. I hope that made sense. I do like the enthusiasm and willingness to work to not let a game just randomly fade away as so so many do.

Thank you for the update on IRC proceedings. My point of view is that it's good to have moves posted and ready to process as soon as possible. Then the GM can pick them up whenever it's convenient. As you suggest, delays caused by people waiting for each other can stack up and send a game into a downward spiral of inactivity and dropouts. I've been there as it happened.

Edit: To clarify: I'm not arguing that players should always post moves immediately, even if they could make a much better move if someone else moved first. What I'm getting at is that whatever the current hold-up is, it should be identified and handled in a tolerant but effective way, preferably in less than 48 hours. I don't think it's rude to expect players to post a move within 24 hours or so, explain why they can't (for IC, OOC or IRL reasons) or accept that someone else moves for them. A one-week wait period for unannounced absentees can cripple a game, without any reasonable benefit.

Edit 2: One week is too long even for announced absences, actually. It's OK to take an occasional one-week break and then come back, but other players should be allowed to post for you in the meantime.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:21:16 am by Mopsy »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 27, 2016, 09:12:35 am »

Heh yeah, fair enough and all.

Also eyyyy. Somehow everything worked out better then expected! Wao. Dat crit really helps.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 27, 2016, 09:22:58 am »

gret suces tem
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 99