Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 88013 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #975 on: October 26, 2016, 12:38:04 am »

Next secret stat booster: an apple that gives +2 to all stats, bearing the label "To the fairest."

:vc

* Haspen scribbles down, pats Culiculi.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 28, 2016, 12:48:09 am »

We're lacking 3 player votes, technically speaking at least.

So they better get to it cuz today I'm closing hte poll and by Saturday morning we continuing on.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 28, 2016, 07:40:38 am »

Yeah uh... One of those is probably foe. And I don't know what to tell you there. Because he hasn't been around for about two weeks. And I'm really worried about him...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 28, 2016, 09:21:07 am »

If Foe is gone then we've achieved a majority in the polls at least.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 28, 2016, 09:41:32 am »

Alas, yeah, hill people are the clear winners here.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 28, 2016, 10:36:42 am »

Most votes had already been cast on the first day, so I figured we were mostly arguing the position we chose for kicks P:

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 30, 2016, 12:34:32 pm »

Hills were a mistaaaaaakeeeeee.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #982 on: October 30, 2016, 12:37:19 pm »

So do we just put Siegfried in front and let one of the mages stand behind him and plunk people or what's the plan
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 30, 2016, 12:46:36 pm »

I guarantee you Haspen would have made the flood plain at least as difficult :v

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 30, 2016, 12:51:05 pm »

I guarantee you Haspen would have made the flood plain at least as difficult :v

Duh.

Flying enemies a lot to circle and flank you while you muck 2 tiles per turn thru swamps :3
SigFlags!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 30, 2016, 12:54:39 pm »

Heh heh, I doubt he could have without seriously unbalancing the encounter, -10 eva to us a lot better then +30 eva to enemies, furthermore more dodge in general increases randomness, which is a minor benefit to the weaker side (not necessarily us) and a major downside to the side with more planning and careful movements (certainly us).  ;D

(Like, flying enemies, not thaaat scary tbh unless we just got absolutely swarmed.)

At any rate, not that it matters that much, as Heroic Captain Gregory will save the day with powerful magics, like always!

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 30, 2016, 02:53:03 pm »

I think the plans discussed so far are about creating some sort of chokepoint at the bridge (or a tile behind it) with a tank, mages, and Cecil, and have the rest of us start moving into the western hills and across the river at 13,17.

Also, Haspen, could you transfer the Concoction in Suzanne's inventory to Gregory? It doesn't appear to have been transferred on their sheets. I'd prefer her not to have a full inventory in case of stealing (or random chests left sitting around in the hills).

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 30, 2016, 04:54:10 pm »

Done v:
SigFlags!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 30, 2016, 05:44:00 pm »

I think the plans discussed so far are about creating some sort of chokepoint at the bridge (or a tile behind it) with a tank, mages, and Cecil, and have the rest of us start moving into the western hills and across the river at 13,17.

The way I see it we can ether rush forward and hope to kill the enemies as they come and secure a patch of hills for ourselves (not that great an idea although it has some attractive bits.) or dig in on our side of the river and try to weather the storm, killing them as they come.

Breaking west is going to take so long to get over the hills it's equivalent of staying here if the enemies move towards us. Basically just the same movements between them.

Edit: To give some more thought to rushing forward idea (since holing up doesn't really need thought given to it other then pointing out that leaving the space just on our side of the bridge free is a good idea.) A possibility of what doing might look like: Sieg can move to 14-14, Altha can move to 16-16, Alissa can move to 16-15 and dance Altha, Altha can move to... 15-14 probably (whatever mage we use in 15-14 likely gets downed.) Gregory and Shea can move to 16-14 and 17-13. The magos kill the knights and then ether get counter attacked or our meat shields melee dudes move up and fill in the gaps (I don't like that idea for a few reasons but mostly because it means that likely someones getting enraged, and at that point I'd honestly rather they were downed instead.). Thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:27:52 pm by Criptfeind »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 31, 2016, 11:53:16 am »

That's probably the best way to handle that strategy, especially good since all our Mages can double the Knights. If we can get everyone over the ford in quick enough manner, we should be able to reach full fighting effectiveness pretty quickly.

Alternatively, we can try to shore up some people on this hills on our side and try to bait them out. Problem is, enemies have been known to hang out even if there's a hostile in their range if the situation is particularly disadvantageous to them. We have no idea whether they'll eventually make their way to us or not.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 99