Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87969 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #810 on: September 22, 2016, 08:29:23 pm »

Jann could definitely use either a Steel Axe or a Swordreaver. Both deal a hefty amount of damage, though the Steel Axe takes 2 AS away from him, and the Swordreaver takes 1.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 22, 2016, 08:42:55 pm »

So I'd really like the Royal Rapier. It gives me effective damage against Armored and Horseback and is pretty decent. Here's current thoughts on shopping list. We have enough by about 150 if we get the Royal Rapier. We still have two shops to find so things might change but we'll see?

Lockpick (1300) (Suz)
Poison (500) (Flora)
Iron Rapier (340) or Royal Rapier (1000) (Iris)
Iron Sword (250) (Cecil)
Iron Lance (300) (Fred)
Iron Pilum (300) (Sieg)
Steel Axe (400) (Jann)
Hand Axe (250) (Flora)
Shine 350 (Shae)
Elwind (400) (Altha)
Something for Greg?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:05:16 pm by Swordstar »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 22, 2016, 09:15:59 pm »

To be clear!

This is not a full list yet, do not buy anything just yet

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #813 on: September 22, 2016, 09:20:39 pm »

I'm eyeballing that Pilum as well, fwiw. Since Siegfried is almost never going to be doubling anything.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 22, 2016, 09:26:20 pm »

That was the thought, but we want to see prices and such before we make the final call on anything

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 23, 2016, 01:00:34 am »

Seems good to me
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 23, 2016, 08:05:50 am »

Yeeeeesh staffs are expensive

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 23, 2016, 09:37:15 am »

Iz sad.

So, now that we've found all the non secret shops, what do you guys want for yourselves?

I'm gunna put it out there that Gregory doesn't want anything unless we somehow end up with loads of extra cash (we won't). Worm and Sin are quite marginal, damage and hit chance manipulation are particularly less valuable on Gregory comparatively, and blackfire upgrades Gregory to be really really good against something he's already good at, which seems less useful then covering actual gaps.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 23, 2016, 09:39:10 am »

Yeeeeesh staffs are expensive
Yes they are. Here's my preliminary proposal for the staff users:

Arnold gets:
  • Soothe (800G) XOR Barrier (1500G), depending on what the rest of you think gives best value for money. Since both Soothe and Barrier are Rank D, they can be passed back and forth between Arnold and Flora if necessary.
  • Flora's Heal staff (0G, 26/30), since he'll probably be doing more healing.
Flora gets:
  • A Steel Axe (400G) from RWM, to make her chopping skills useful.
  • Maybe Jann's Hatchet (0G), if he won't be needing it.
  • Arnold's Heal staff (0G, 12/30), since she'll probably only be healing when she has to.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:41:20 am by Mopsy »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #819 on: September 23, 2016, 09:46:46 am »

Looking at just grabbing a plain old javelin, here. Didn't realize Pilums were 2 range.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 23, 2016, 09:52:27 am »

Neither of those staffs are really worth the cost tbh given our funds. Swapping heal staffs makes sense. Getting flora a hand axe instead of steel since she's speced for throwing not hacking. Keeping Jann hatchet on him cause provides range option. Poison for Flora (and Arnold if he wants to borrow) is more useful I'd argue than barrier or soothe because it can always be useful against enemies plus it's significantly cheaper than any of the buff staffs

Jav for sieg is fine since I think it's similar cost to jav. I'd also forgotten pilums were 2 range only.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 23, 2016, 10:00:39 am »

I have to admit I'm somewhat unsold on the idea of poison. So far our style of combat seems to me to be very quick, apply maximum pressure to certain points to quickly defeat enemies in that area to shift the tide of combat well holding other areas with tonks and healer. Poison is something that needs several turns to get value for the action it takes to apply, which seems like it's not that useful since in a lot of cases if we want to poison someone it seems like we'd kill them before poison got it's value in.

Also out of the staves available Soothe is obviously really good in it's niche but that niche is so narrow it seems not worth the 800 gold when we have a limited budget. Barrier is somewhat more valuable, but... Well, also somewhat niche to be honest. Honestly, I think that perhaps we should get another heal staff almost? Over 3.5 fights we've used 22 charges I guess? I could see us possibly using enough to wipe out a staff over the next three fights if they are big ones.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:04:35 am by Criptfeind »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #822 on: September 23, 2016, 10:02:34 am »

If we're using a tank+healer combo to staple down places, poison could very well be exploited in that case. Instead of waiting for the cavalry to show up, we could potentially wear down targets with just a staff+tank.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 23, 2016, 10:05:43 am »

So I'm playing an ailment focused healer in fef3. I've used poison a somewhat decent amount and for sure used it more than we've used our buff staffs. It's not always going to be useful but it can help tick down hp on high up enemies plus it's a consistent source of damage against tankier enemies.

Wrt soothe and barrier. It's unlikely we'll be facing zerk staffs any time soon since they're B rank. Sleep is more likely but also significantly less scary. And yes more res is always useful but that's a really expensive staff that only has 15 uses. Cost isn't really worth gains.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 23, 2016, 11:56:36 am »

Just get whatever you think is best, then.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 99