Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87935 times)

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #660 on: September 08, 2016, 12:50:28 pm »

Can you help the situation at all? If so, do so. If not, go and make sure you're not blocking anyone and get out of the way if you are.

I've been waiting to see whether someone would need to block Haakar this turn. If Altha hits, then I think I'll send the heals Cecil's way (from (7,9), leaving (6,10) available for Alissa), since he confronted the fiend heroically and that puts Arnold within easy reach for Alissa, in case double-healing sounds appealing.

Edit: It will be hard to get the Captain out of the way before Haakar moves, and hard for Arnold to reach him with Altha and Shaelynn there. I'll just heal Cecil right away. In the unlikely event that the skelly gets another attack, we can always bring the Cap back from KO next turn.

Speaking of opinions, we have an HP stat booster, and will shortly have a DEF stat booster. Who's getting those?

I'm trying to develop Arnold into a relatively tanky frontline healer/buffer, but I suspect that supertanky tanks (or melee fighters that don't get one-shotted all the time) are likely to be a better investment for the team. Frontline or not, Arnold probably won't be getting hit all that often.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:23:23 pm by Mopsy »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 08, 2016, 01:05:57 pm »

Cecil could use the DEF buffer if all else fails. His HP growth is automatic, and he's a frontline meatshield that has the growths of a Fighter in a Cavalier class :P

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 08, 2016, 01:52:27 pm »

Also worth waiting until after promo. Cecil will get adef boost there for instance.

Tanks shouldn't get def/hp boosts unless they're falling way behind their growths. This early it's hard to tell where most useful will be but a good guess for these kind of boosts is not tank. Or healers that won't be fighting much tbh. Arnold will self heal soon among other things

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 08, 2016, 02:42:36 pm »

OK, so:
Code: [Select]
Name                     HP   %   DEF   %   Range 
Alissa Erite:            17  60%   4   35%    -    Charisma
Altha Entlern:           20  70%   0   25%   1-2
Arnold Weissmuller:      19  60%  6/8  70%    -    Will gain self-heal, healer
Cecil Ishim:             24  105%  5   55%   1-2     
Flora Brandt:            17  60%   4   30%    -    Healer
Friderick von Heinrich:  24  80%   7   50%   1
Gregory Zecklin:         20  70%   3   40%   1-2
Iris Brandt:             20  50%   5   30%   1-2
Jann:                    23  70%   6   50%   1-2
Shaelynn Peritz:         18  40%  1/0  10%   1-2
Siegfried Jubastacheit:  24  100%  9   60%   1    Imbue

Suzanne Vogt:            18  40%   5   40%   1-2
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 08, 2016, 02:46:38 pm »

Personally I would give shield to Shae and cloth to Suzanne or Iris, but das just meine 3 gold pieces ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 08, 2016, 02:59:54 pm »

Alissa: it wouldn't be awful giving her anything, but she's aiming to avoid combat completely for the next twenty levels - she can manage without.

Altha: Her HP isn't bad, but her def is in a similiar situation to Shae - it's not really worth improving, because it's literally rock bottom and her growth is pretty low. Maybe with some good rolls it'd become worth sinking resources into, but otherwise perhaps not. She's a mage, with range on all her weapons, and attacking from afar is what I assume she's going for with that low def.

Arnold: HP is pretty good, def is good, he'll gain large amounts of health regain, and as a pure healer he's staying out of combat. Pass.

Cecil: going to end up with tons of health, and def isn't awful? He can absorb the damage with the meat of his face. Wouldn't be atrocious him getting the def, but definitely not the hp item.

Flora is going to be both a combatant and a healer. It's important to keep healers up, and her def and Hp are both alright-ish. She's going for throwing ages, so will mainly be at range. I don't feel one of the boosters would go to amiss, and i'm not just saying that as her player :P

Freddy von Henny: Great health, pretty good def. He's fine.

Gregzeck: Like Fred but slightly worse.

Iris: Low health growth and def could be better. Like flora but with less hp, which isn't brilliant for a fighter. Could easily do with either of the upgrades.

Jann: See fred again

Shae: I'd say it's not actually worth giving shae the def because her defence will never amount to anything anyway. Especially with that cheeky PF. Her hp is in a similiar situation. She's glass cannon to the max, and I'm unsure it's worth it to try to compensate for that. Vantage is her defence.

Friedsieg: Plenty of health and def again.

Suzanne: a thief, so more useful running about and nicking stuff. That said, her health is pretty dismal and def isn't great, so perhaps it's be worth considering saving a treat for her.

My thoughts, at least.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 08, 2016, 03:02:32 pm »

I'd be against the mages getting stuff for reasons of range and why throw good after bad as gig said in more diplomatic terms. :P

Beyond that not really sure though in general I'd agree with gig

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 08, 2016, 03:05:08 pm »

I would personally say shield to Flora and cloth to Iris.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 08, 2016, 03:12:56 pm »

So, thinking Alissa should dance Arnold so he can catch up with the rest of the party, in case there are enemies behind that door?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 08, 2016, 03:19:30 pm »

Eh, the top group has flora there, so it's not vital.
Doeth what thou wish, squire.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 08, 2016, 03:23:07 pm »

So, thinking Alissa should dance Arnold so he can catch up with the rest of the party, in case there are enemies behind that door?

Or dance Shaelynn, to give them some extra fire support? Cecil could also be useful, he's fully healed and has his javelin. I'd say go with Shaelynn, but it's your choice.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 08, 2016, 03:26:12 pm »

Siegfried has the javelin, not Cecil, IIRC.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 08, 2016, 03:27:28 pm »

I think the skelly arriving changed that?

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 08, 2016, 03:28:26 pm »

Yeah, wasn't that just something that was discussed, but never happened, because Haakar happened? Cecil's sheet still says that he has it.

Edit: Regarding loot distribution, I'll point out that Suzanne's levels have been 3-2-5-3 while Iris' levels have been 6-5-3-3, which places Iris four points ahead. And Suzy has slightly lower current HP and HP progression. Even thief classes spend more time attacking than stealing, right? And a KO'ed thief can't steal anything.

As for the shield, I'll say only that there are characters who need it more than Arnold does.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 03:52:49 pm by Mopsy »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 08, 2016, 05:55:33 pm »

Quoting levels that have happened has nothing to do with levels that will happen. It's too early to use current levels as a trend to indicate future levels is all I'm saying. Plus all that's saying is I've had one better level than her. The progression is a better argument, but is offset by the fact that I'm much more likely to be a front line fighter than she is, especially given she's progressing sidearm which has ranged options
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 99