Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87889 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #510 on: August 12, 2016, 08:02:53 pm »

I didn't really put any thought into it like you did, I was just thinking based on only the flavor of the characters. Arnold is described as a fitness fiend, and although Alyssa is certainly quite fit as well and it'd be very close I just assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that Arnolds fitness would be focused on running and the like as opposed the more flexible and dancing focused of Alyssas fitness... and Cecil is wearing armor, so he doesn't seem like he'd stand a chance really.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 12, 2016, 08:28:15 pm »

Do you guys want me to declare a winner to your race? Or how are you gunna resolve it?
I dunno. I feel like the order would end up Arnold, Alissa, Cecil. Arnold has slightly more speed than both of them, which makes a difference when move is equal, and while Alissa and Cecil have the same speed Cecil is weighed down by armor.
I didn't really put any thought into it like you did, I was just thinking based on only the flavor of the characters. Arnold is described as a fitness fiend, and although Alyssa is certainly quite fit as well and it'd be very close I just assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that Arnolds fitness would be focused on running and the like as opposed the more flexible and dancing focused of Alyssas fitness... and Cecil is wearing armor, so he doesn't seem like he'd stand a chance really.

My working theory has been that, by the MOV + SPD/4 formula, all three run short distances nearly equally fast, but since Cecil and Arnold are both running in armor, they'll tire faster than Alissa. It's true that Arnold is in excellent shape, although he's more of a hiker and climber than a runner.

If Twinwolf or ElfCollaborator has an idea that involves either victory or defeat for their character, then I think they should go for it. If they don't, then I'm happy to let Criptfiend resolve it.

I'm a little wary of having my character organize a race and then declare him the winner, but if no-one else posts a resolution, then I'll probably do it tomorrow (Saturday). It would be nice to be able to finish the race and then talk a little more before the next scene change.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:30:38 pm by Mopsy »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 12, 2016, 08:33:36 pm »

We could just let Cript decide. Probably in the least biased position seeing as their character isn't involved.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 12, 2016, 08:33:48 pm »

Cecil did train pretty much every day, so he's not exactly an unfit wimp, if that helps at all :P

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 12, 2016, 08:49:33 pm »

We could just let Cript decide. Probably in the least biased position seeing as their character isn't involved.

I'll vote for that, too. Let Gregory tell us who was the first across the finish line.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 12, 2016, 08:52:15 pm »

but since Cecil and Arnold are both running in armor, they'll tire faster than Alissa.
Oh, I didn't remember that Arnold is wearing armor. Looking at his mug, yeah, whoops. Well. I'd think Alissa would win simply by virtue of not being weighed down by big hunks of metal then. If there's not an objection to that I'll just go with that?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #516 on: August 12, 2016, 09:02:36 pm »

i know the game's not actually all that realistic but it's worth mentioning armor is actually specifically meant to NOT slow you down when you run and such. It'll hurt your endurance but probably not your agility
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 12, 2016, 09:06:55 pm »

I agree there but this was a fairly extended run, not a short sprint.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 12, 2016, 09:20:07 pm »

but since Cecil and Arnold are both running in armor, they'll tire faster than Alissa.
Oh, I didn't remember that Arnold is wearing armor. Looking at his mug, yeah, whoops. Well. I'd think Alissa would win simply by virtue of not being weighed down by big hunks of metal then. If there's not an objection to that I'll just go with that?

No objection from me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 12, 2016, 10:12:19 pm »

Well, there you go. I'm going to go to bed now after certainly not misspelling anyone's name no sirree the edit tag is a lie.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 13, 2016, 02:30:14 pm »

* Haspen shuns Mopsy for not paying attention to details.

* Haspen shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuns.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 13, 2016, 03:07:18 pm »

I'll post here before I do anything more in the IC, to make sure I'm not messing things up. I do remember that the Chief Advisor mentioned Lady Sheila, and that she was the Masallan heir. Arnold's question was taking that as a starting point, inquiring about what kind of person Sheila is, and her status under the current order. Has she accepted the rule of the Reich, at least officially? Is she a strong, capable leader or a puppet? Does she put the welfare of the common people first, or is she willing to murder them to regain her throne? I thought this would be a reasonable question. If Astleich doesn't know much about her, or isn't willing to tell Arnold, then that's perfectly fine.

I don't understand Siegfried's reaction, either. Merely asking for more information about Sheila is not spilling the beans, or is it? Is her very existence supposed to be a secret?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 03:12:23 pm by Mopsy »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #522 on: August 13, 2016, 03:09:59 pm »

No, but calling a noblewoman known for being prickly a criminal or similar is uh, not recommended.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 13, 2016, 03:17:22 pm »

Are you getting Shaelynn (who is a gentle and beauteous young woman) and Sheila mixed up, or are you saying that the actual Lady Sheila might find out that Arnold implied that she might be an outlaw, and be infuriated by such a horrendous insult?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 03:32:39 pm by Mopsy »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #524 on: August 13, 2016, 03:21:22 pm »

...whoops

well let's just say that's Siegfried being offended on behalf of another noble, then
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 99